1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Tyres! oh... it's raining...

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

During VLN and 24h coverages they use to say that the Schumacher-S tends to go flat-out in a GT3 in good conditions. Even with low fuel and fresh tyres I'am not able to stay on the throttle and keep the car on track.
    Is it a matter of the Pirellis vs. the Michelins or what is the difference? Or is anyone of you able to stay flat-out there in ACC?

2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Can't say for all cars, but I managed to do it in the Huracan back in v0.1 of ACC.

You need to hit your turn-in and know the line to do it, otherwise you get f'd.

Can't say if all cars are able to do it.

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Last time I spent some time racing on Nürburgring in ACC I wasn't not quite able to go around Schumacher-S flatout. It didn't feel impossible, though - at least for some cars and a good driver, I think it might be possible. If you mount the right entry curb you get a nice trajectory that might allow you to go full power. But I usually ended up with a very much unsettled car.
    I have the impression that during one of the recent builds, the curb behaviour was improved so I should try again, now.

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm curious what people think of the big puddles in sessions with the Heavy rain or Storm weather preset.

Say on the second to last corner right in the braking area at Paul Ricard, or the puddle right before the Kemmel straight (right after the pit exit...) at Spa. There's no way you can drive through those at any sort of pace and you'll probably spin even if you coast and don't steer (yet the AI doesn't seem to have major issues, only leaving odd black tyre marks there). So if dynamic weather changes to those weathers or the puddles grow after some rain the race is pretty much done for the player on those circuits? How do you approach these puddles?

Tim Meuris likes this.
  5. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

at PR try to be on very left of the track

at Spa just pray :D

6. Hi There. I don't see puddles in dry track after rain. It seems like this puddles is invisible. Have you solve this bug please :) Great Sim Guys! :cool:

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Could be a graphics setting, not sure which one but I can clearly see puddles on a wet, damp and even mostly dry track.

romandevision likes this.
  8. If someone give me this graphics settings name, i'm appreciate. But i think there is some graphics improvements needed from developers though

9. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

What is the ideal temperature difference between the In and Out parts of the tyre?

Tim Meuris likes this.
  10. Chriss

Chriss Racer

11. baboon

baboon Alien

What is the ideal pressure difference between front and rear?

12. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Around 10°C to 15°C, always more on the inner side.

Ideally identical but it depends also on the car. Generally 10°C is ok, more than 20°C something is really wrong and even Pirelli advises against it.

Fremen_78 and baboon like this.
  13. baboon

baboon Alien

Thanks Aris. I was asking about the pressures. I was listening to Lucas Luhr during the Spa 24h broadcast and he was asked about this. He said the teams always aim for a certain offset (also called it 'stagger') but they make a bit of secret of it.

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  14. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I guess it depends on the weight ratio. Maybe his statement is related to the Porsche he is currently driving with a lot more weight at the rear of the car.

15. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

Good information. Does this apply to both front and rear, and is this generic to all cars? Or is there a different ideal temperature spread on front/mid engined cars?

Just curious, because from what I've noticed so far, in the M6 at least, its very hard to get a spread of even 10°C on the rears (even with max camber and max rear ARB's), and requires max camber, high front ARB's and some crazy caster on the front to get that high a delta.

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Should be the same compound front and rear. Actual temperatures, pressures of course differ depending on weight distribution and setup of the car.

Btw. how do you know the tyre temperatures anyway? I thought that deliberately wasn't made available in ACC.

17. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

You have to move to the pits an take a look at the recent temps.

Epistolarius likes this.
  18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yeah, although the tyre will be happy at that spread, that doesn't mean that a specific car can achieve it or that it should be good to achieve it if for example the inner get's too hot. It all depends on the suspension geometry and camber curves of each suspension. For example, the Audi and Huracan need tons of negative camber, while the Mercedes can live with much much less. The Bimmer on the other hand, can't even achieve big camber values.

That's why I insist that you guys should of course look at the numbers, but not go for perfect precision numbers and spreads. The laptime and/or lap consistency for a long stint must always be your final judge

Tim Meuris, WallyM and Shooter80 like this.
  19. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Even on the aggressive setups of many cars, I only get a temperature spread of about 6 degrees. So I guess I should be really increasing the camber, even in the aggressive setup?

Tim Meuris likes this.
  20. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Is this after teleporting to pits, or just driving there?

Shooter80 likes this.