1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

They have been removed because those cameras were never designed to work with VR, so sometimes they had unwanted clipping with the ground or track objects that we couldn't account for. Same goes for TV cameras, they are impossible to set up in a way to make sure they don't glitch out in VR, and there is no comfortable compromise, so this is not supported.
    It's really the same as complaining in a movie theatre that a movie shot on film is not interactive with a headset.
    TV cameras are designed to capture images for flat screens in a relatively narrow range of aspect ratios, you can see how it's already causing issues on widescreen monitors, not to mention VR.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Sounds like Epic need to step up their game. VR, 21:9 and now 32:9 have been around for a while now..

3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

From the new ACC FAQ:
    Q: The number of opponents is sometimes lower than the selection made in the UI
    A: The available number of opponents can be set according to the selected track's capacity. However, in official game modes, the opponent field is constrained by the entries available in the official series. As a result, when playing an official Sprint Race weekend, the total number of opponents is likely to be somewhat lower than what the track capacity allows.

Why is there a cap of 29 cars for both Monza and Barcelona when both irl races had about 50 cars on track during the 2018 season? Hungaroring has a max. of 27 drivers in game, but there's a lot more pitboxes irl.
    Here you can see it has atleast 52 pitboxes:
    upload_2019-8-13_17-10-12.png

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Most likely because system requirements.

I hope it does get lifted at some point though, even if you have to flip some config switch to get there.
    There are enough people around these days with 8+ core cpus that should be capable of handling large numbers of cars.

5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Sorry, I didn't mean I want to see ~50 cars on track at Monza and Barcelona. I see I worded my question vaguely.

What I was wondering is why there's a cap of 29 at both Monza and Barcelona, while all other tracks, except Hungaroring, are capped at 30 cars.

6. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

In real life cars of the same team share pit boxes for pitstops, currently we're limited by how many pitstop positions can be placed in the pitlane, so although Monza has a lot of small individual pits, the pitlane itself is very short.

XettMan, Nox, After_Midnight and 2 others like this.
  7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Any chance of this being changed in the future? (I know you guys don't like to talk about future stuff :p)

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Does it actually matter?
    I mean there aren't any collisions in the pit lane anyway.

Florian Boswell likes this.
  9. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Maybe just allow cars to share pit boxes? I don't think people will be too fussed about pulling into a box with another car if it means they will get bigger grids. As long as it is clear where your box is and where to stop, I'd imagine it will be fine.

Florian Boswell likes this.
  10. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Anyone know what today's 1.4GB download was about?

upload_2019-8-13_18-54-35.png

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  11. Nox

Nox Racer

v1.0.7.1

GENERAL:
    - Added enable TrackIR camera setting.
    Disabling the plugin eliminates possible view-related issues caused by tracking devices used in other games.
    - Possible fix for localVelocity in shared memory struct.

GAMEPLAY:
    - Fixed inconsistent AI skill levels when reloading a saved game.

GRAPHICS:
    - Removed slow convolution bloom from intro sequence cameras in Monza that caused massive performance drop and possible crash on ultrawide screen resolutions when entering a session.

trutya likes this.
  12. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I do not play multiplayer, i race only the AI, and it happens there. :(
    I reinstalled the game, i reinstalled gpu driver, the monitor is not on overdrive...
    What i can try is to let the game run on my LG OLED TV, see if this happens there too.
    Still strange that it happens on no other racing game though...

13. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

Yes I experience the same, on all tracks the AI cars are jumping sometimes. Sometime they are invisible for 3 seconds and then reappear 200 meters in front or already in a corner..
    100% reproducible at the last corner at the Hungaroring for example

tjr, th3o and sps_for_race like this.
  14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

hm ok, then it doesn't make sense.

If you suspect Gsync, you can always disable that and test without, but I would be really surprised if that was the case.

It might be caused by CPU occupation, but I really wouldn't expect problems here with a capable CPU like the 8700K.
    You might want to check the CPU occupation though, just in case.

15. Never noticed something like that in races against the AI :eek:
    Maybe related to with the amount of visible cars o_O

16. trutya

trutya Simracer

ahha, thanks for the answer.
    and are there any plans how to solve this? like making a small algorhytm that same team's cars don't pit in the same lap or something?

17. trutya

trutya Simracer

can't wait to have some more time in the long weekend we'll have this week and test the offline part a bit deeper finally!

18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Thank you for your answer!
    Can only speak for myself. I liked the sequences before the race a lot. You got some time to enjoy the beautiful track details (curbs...) and cars (and that even in 3D)! Added immersion and made me „hot“ for the race... ;-)
    Didn’t have problems with clipping.

Maybe an ini-hack to bring them back for those (like me) who don‘t have problems or can live with them? Shouldn’t be hard to implement because it was already there in the past...

Another option would be to allow watching such scenes or tv-replays in VR at least in 2D on a „screen“ like we can see the 2D ACC intro-Trailer in 2D in our VR-Headset at the beginning of the game...

Would be better than just withholding the existing and ready content from the VR-players...

earlyapex likes this.
  19. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Don't know what happened with the last update (1.0.7.1). Every race in multiplayer i started finished after some minutes with flying cars and all the cars outside the track...

:rolleyes::confused:

Sunday was fine...

20. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Increase the amount of visible cars, I'm pretty sure that's the cause.