1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

High VRAM usage.

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by SimGuy_1, Aug 14, 2019.

1. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Hello,
    After updating to version 1.0.7 my VRAM usage is really high MIN:3.6GB MAX:above 4.0GB even on extremely low settings
    my specs are->>
    CPU: i5 4690k
    GPU: GTX 970(Drivers->>430.86)
    RAM: 8GB(ram usage is: 4.5Gb+)

Here are my settings->>

20190814154306_1.jpg 20190814154321_1.jpg 20190814154341_1.jpg

LeDude83 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room High VRAM usage Aug 5, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds High vram usage after 1.2.3 update. Aug 10, 2015
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer CPU high in Server stats - my CPU or Server CPU? May 24, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Highlights/ replays Jan 28, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality [ACC] [VR] [OpenXR] [OpenComposite] High-clarity settings for HP Reverb G2 on Nvidia RTX3080 Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Help on building a high end PC for ACC triple+1 screens setup Oct 27, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Crash during loading [audio device - too high bitrate] Jul 11, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Tuning out high Spring / Return-to-center with SC2 Pro? Feb 7, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds high GPU usage: 400%? Jan 17, 2022
    ACC User Interface MFD Bug causing 2 options to be highlighted. Dec 31, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Gameplay not smooth even at high FPS and with VSYNC on Dec 28, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Save highlights of the race Aug 30, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC Highlands Drift + My custom clusterboard Aug 3, 2021

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I wouldn't worry you have plenty of overhead.

4. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Same here on 970. Up to 3GB in menu and maxing out in game. Was around 3-3,3GB in game before. And setting low-ultra textures doesn't make any difference in VRAM usage.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    SimGuy_1 likes this.
  5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I understand that my actual ram is not fully used but having RAM used means low performance and lag which is a big NO.
    besides have you seen my graphics settings? they are as low as anyone can get on a GTX970 that's ridiculous.

6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Exactly texture settings don't make any difference or even if they do the difference is minimal.
    What i don't understand is why i'm still getting this high vram use despite lowest settings.

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Are you talking about RAM or VRAM now?

8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

What did you mean by "i got plenty of overhead" ?
    I assumed that you were talking about overhead meaning RAM because my GPU only has 4GB of VRAM and only 3.5GB is fast one and my VRAM is maxing out which shouldn't happen at lowest settings.All this means it's either a issue or bad optimisation.

Coanda likes this.
  9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

A GTX 970 has 3.5+0.5 GB of RAM, so no overhead.

Btw. there's no telling what's simply requested and allocated by the game (often everything) and actually needed.

Personally I haven't noticed a difference with this patch but I always suspected more VRAM would lead to less bottlenecks in ACC.

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

11. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

12. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I don't mind high usage if my settings are high but even on lowest settings this amount of usage is ridiculous for me PLUS this usage was in hotlap mode offline no A.I no nothing even dynamic weather was turned off.
    I don't think this amount of VRAM makes sense.

13. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

One thing i do notice is that even on lowest settings there are lot of details still rendered even the reflection on car paint ! Which tells me that low settings are NOT low enough.

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

maybe time for a second hand 1080ti... UE4 is a little piggy :)

15. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

as long as fps is good i think 970 will do
    i can play with AMS level of graphics lol.

16. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

970 is still enough to play new games with at least medium-high settings in 108op. Thing is if ACC has almost 10 years old gtx460 with 2 GB VRAM as minimum requirement it should be looked into IMO.

edit: Also i would think resolution change takes big chunk of VRAM used but when i changed to 720p it's only around 200MB less.

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

fair points lads.

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  18. iCeBreaKer008

iCeBreaKer008 Rookie

Now that you mentioned this, I feelt some stuttering, after last update, I thought it was my PC, but I have a GTX 970 4GB and probably is the VRAM being maxed. I hope they revert this back, before the gameplay was very smooth with a tweaked video settings.

Note: The GTX 970 has 4GB ram, but 500mb of this had its direct channel to the GPU removed when the board got downgraded from 980 to 970. So 500mb of the 4gb has a slower channel and is not recommended to be used during game play It can cause stuttering ...

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Thanks guys,so i'm not alone to see this as issue.Lets hope devs notice this.
    Anyone know how to BAIT DEVS ? lol.

20. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Aris like data sheets, Stefano like cats, Gergo probably sexy cars? :) Or you could @ them.

21. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

lmao your profile pic actually looks like a fishing bait or a hook.

LeDude83 and Gevatter like this.