1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

This game is great

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by laurent7979, Jul 22, 2019.

1. laurent7979

laurent7979 Rookie

Hi
    Just want to say thanks
    As a regular GT Sports/PC2/R3R player, I have to say given the size of your team, your work is tremendous
    Yes it has bugs, but even Polyphony did not properly fix their penalties system.
    Looking forward to the 1.0.7+ updates
    A humble suggestion : this game is truly unforgiving. Now I understand the core audience is not Forza/GTS but maybe a 'Beginners' mode would be interested for a broader audience.
    Cheers

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions This is going to be a great Game Dec 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Great game but.... Oct 1, 2017
    Suggestions If you can get VR to be native during loading it could be a great game for Oculus store!! Mar 9, 2017
    Console Lounge well done dev team you done a great jobs at getting this game working on console Sep 6, 2016
    ACC General Discussions The game throws me into the wall and also refused to save telemetry. Why? Tuesday at 7:24 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Saturday at 10:08 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Access violation on game startup . The UE4-AC2 game has crashed Apr 11, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Loading save game on other device Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Whole Game Image Flipped upside down Mar 30, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! on version 1.9.8 (the UE4 AC2 Game has crashed...) Mar 9, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is there two versjons of Silverstone in the game? Mar 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game crashes after opening championship Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting error when entering the game Feb 28, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont launch, after pressing Start Engine Feb 27, 2024

3. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Beginners mode?
    Blasphemy! ;-)

4. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

The tyre model update due in 1.0.7 should help to make curbs less unpredictable, that should help a bit

chakko likes this.
  5. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Give it 6-12 months. It will keep growing till it's the only sim people think about. Regardless of what other games might drop.
    Agree with above- The tire model will please everyone- Noobs who don't dare touch a curb and pros who maul every curb.

Nev Roberts likes this.
  6. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

7. PuppiesZ

PuppiesZ Gamer

Ive seen this a couple of times and not understanding. I am not fast and fairly new too < 2 years to sim racing. To me this is the easiest to drive as its more like a real car.
    You mean no safety rating or weaker AI? You can totally control AI strength to match your skill. I started at 88% and am up to 94%.

8. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

To make a simulation "easier" is not the right way, cause it's a simulation... Higher effort to be successful is more rewarding
    If someone makes his driving license in real life he also can't turn on easy mode...
    And not to forget the ;-)

PuppiesZ likes this.
  9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Augusto Farfus just bought a simtag rig for sim racing, he says he is a beginner in the virtual world:) Pretty cool....Nino

10. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

There's an Assists menu where you can adjust a few things like automatic gearbox, ideal line and even stability control....Plus you can also bump TC and ABS all the way up individually in each car. I don't think you'll get anything less forgiving than that.
    If you really want an unforgiving experience, go drive a historic race car in rF2 :p

11. laurent7979

laurent7979 Rookie

Blasphemy indeed ;)
    What I meant is that for example, once you unlock the CC CN ratios, the HUD does not display anymore the little rectangles (I mean the ones which set to all green before unlocking)
    So of course you are assumed to know the lines and apexes, but you don't know where you were really hitting the limit of the car/tyres.
    It would be nice once you complete a session to have a Track menu which shows you for example if you could push harder on turn 6 or 9 or whatever
    Currently only sectors are displayed
    I know simracingtools is developing a cool app which will show you the turn by turn track score, but this is not in-game
    But it would be nice if the track displayed on the left side of the HUD could give you some score color for every turn.
    I have like 75/75 for CC CN which is quite poor, I aim for 80, but on some tracks I really don't know yet how to hit the limits on every turn because of the strange curbs reaction

12. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

There is an option to set it to consistency in the HUD game settings and you can see those rectangles. They are indeed very useful. Unfortunately the other rating numbers which are unlocked after CC, disappear. Hope that will get patched.

13. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

Amp up the Stability Control value in the gameplay settings, it reduces some realism scores but honestly they don't matter atm. That's as close as you get to a beginner mode atm.

Timberwind likes this.
  14. Homer1007

Homer1007 Rookie

Have to agree this is a great game/sim, as another noob I've been diligently working up my ratings and as a result of them really focusing on not hitting the other cars.

On Sunday I ventured into the multiplayer world, let the Sim find me a race and had the best multiplayer experience I've ever had. 30 minutes of bumper to bumper racing with another guy who was equally focused on not hitting me, tremendous fun.

To others struggling to race I would say spend time chasing the ratings, follow the advice and spend a lot of time on the track alone.
    Stick to one track and really learn it, then slowly try to improve your times. When comfortable race against the AI, lower the settings, start at the back of the grid and learn to overtake with colliding when you are finishing at the front increase the difficulty.
    I'd probably stay away from multiplayer until you have a safety rating above 50 to avoid getting hit by numpties or hitting other players due to a lack of experience (the higher SA means I believe less numpties/inexperienced guys in the race).

This is definitely a game you have to work at to get the most out of which is where the fun and satisfaction comes from.

aotto1977, MTv, Micii1 and 3 others like this.
  15. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

And for starters I would suggest to chose one track of your liking and then spend a few hours trying out every available car and then sticking to that car for some time until all tracks are learnt sufficiently. Hopping between cars can be a jarring experience as you need to adjust your driving style. Because Competizione properly models all of those cars instead of just slapping a different weight and horse power number on them.

romandevision, chksix and f1200racer like this.
  16. ashwinipatil

ashwinipatil Rookie

New her and l agree with you !It is a great game.:p;)

Nev Roberts likes this.
  17. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

As this was asked in other threads. @OP: can you please verify your account. Maybe you're just a fake account to talk the game up. Thanks

18. zzjorzz

zzjorzz Gamer

Love the game, needs some tweaking and some extra content, and a larger player base online. So far the updates made it loads better already!

19. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

o_O
    A "Hi, good to have u here", was too much to ask? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    warth0g, zzjorzz and jaxx_za like this.