1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

True Hudless screen

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Stains, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Stains

Stains Simracer

I dislike having a hud on screen and in all Sims turn it off and use the car dash board or Simhub for any info I need.
    ACC has limited Simhub info available, hopefully that will be fixed soon.

But my main question here is, can I turn off the hud and any associated info? eg. the subtitles from my pit crew and all the text that comes when I need to pit! I heard my pit tell me, I don't need or want a text reminder holding my hand for the whole time while the pits are open or telling me the pit window has another 10 minutes till it shuts!

Please Kunos give us an option to turn all the text crap OFF! This is supposed to be a Sim, i don't have this text irl so why in a Sim trying to replicate RL?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC (PC) crashes on startup [Logitech G923 Trueforce hang due to outdated G-Hub] Jun 8, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Custom Championship And True To Life Feb 14, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting [Merged threads] Logitech G923 Trueforce crash Oct 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals True Force Logitech G923 Oct 30, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC][GT3] ROS X TrueForce | Logitech | Europe | rsim.org Sep 9, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G923 TrueForce support in ACC Aug 5, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals SC2 Pro settings (SIMUCUBE2) True Drive and in-game Feb 6, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues SC2 Pro settings (SIMUCUBE2) True Drive and in-game Feb 6, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos TRUE VR video recording? Jan 1, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #153 – A team come true - Total tribute to Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes-AMG P Nov 9, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Can this be true? 80 € for Oculus Rift!? Nov 20, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa Achievement : True Story (GOLD) May 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Is that true that "Italian Pack" is come near? Jun 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room New Tyre V7: next step to realism or just a trueman show? Apr 4, 2016
    General modding discussion TrueLightsUltraV4 Mar 26, 2016

3. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

F2 to cycle between HUD modes.

Stains likes this.
  4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

WOW, now that was complicated, well for some, I guess.

5. Stains

Stains Simracer

I've heard about the lovely people here but never had any experience with the top people in the AC community.

F2 doesn't remove all text though!

Loren Thomas and Cascader like this.
  6. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

If you cycle F2 enough times, the only text you will see, its called a dash board.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  7. Hobi

Hobi Rookie

I think he means the subtitles of the pit crew - if a spoken comment of the engineer comes this is also always displayed as text (and further pit open / closed, etc.).
    And if I remember correctly, these texts are also displayed in the latest version, even if the HUD is set to "blank".

Cascader and Stains like this.
  8. Stains

Stains Simracer

Amazing! Someone who understands written text! This is exactly what I asked and need from ACC, no other "Sim" has text on screen that can't be removed!
    I have ears that work and I know some may not and need text but there should be options to disable text in a Sim!
    Thank you for confirming not all the AC community are all in the same category!

earlyapex and Cascader like this.
  9. Try to find a button to change your attidute o_O

10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Options > Audio > Radio > 0% and no more pit crew talking to you :)

Stains likes this.
  11. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

But he wants to hear the audio.
    Its the text he doesn't want to see.

Stains likes this.
  12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

My bad then...i thought he wants all help gone :D XD

13. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I haven't tried this myself, but worth a try :

Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config
    Edit the hud.json as follows:

"safezoneLeft": 20,
    "safezoneTop": 15,
    "safezoneRight": 20,
    "safezoneBottom": 15,
    "defaultHUDPage": 0,
    "newOverlayHUDPage": 18,
    "raceNotificationsVisible": 0,
    "ratingWidgetVisible": 0,
    "ratingWidgetPracticeFocus": 0,
    "ratingSensitiveWidgetVisibility": false,
    "basicCarInfoVisible": 0,
    "fPSVisible": 0,
    "electronicsVisible": 0,
    "hotlapStandingVisible": 0,
    "laptimeInfo01Visible": 0,
    "leaderboardVisible": 0,
    "trackMapVisible": 0,
    "raceDirectorInvestigationVisible": 0,
    "raceRealtimeStandingVisible": 0,
    "raceStandingVisible": 0,
    "radarVisible": 0,
    "sessionInfoVisible": 0,
    "tyreTemps01Visible": 0,
    "timeLeftWidgetVisible": 0,
    "wrongWayVisible": 0,
    "virtualMirrorVisible": 0,
    "proximityIndicatorsVisible": 0,
    "useMPH": 0,
    "showDriverNamePlates": 0,
    "chatMaxMessageCount": 30,
    "chatShowTimestamps": 0,
    "chatFadeoutSeconds": 7,
    "communicationPanelVisible": 0,
    "communicationPanelMinPriority": 0,
    "communicationPanelMaxVisibleTotal": 4,
    "communicationPanelMaxVisibleSticky": 4,
    "communicationPanelMaxVisibleNormal": 4
    }

Fremen_78 and baboon like this.
  14. Rovlgut

Rovlgut Gamer

As I remember Black HUD remove all and engineer text below. Beacuse when I was driving race with stints, engineer didn't tell about stint time end and I have to turn on HUD to see how much left.

15. Stains

Stains Simracer

Yeah i still want the radio as in a real GT3 car but just no text on screen. Thanks though as it's a good thought.

16. Stains

Stains Simracer

My OP said text crap as I see it ;) my tude came because of the reply that was not at all trying to help but rather just being a smart arse. Thanks for your suggestion though, another great help.

17. You're welcome :confused:

GCCRacer likes this.
  18. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

I don't get having RCTL messages concerning the AI in SP mode. I guess it helps to know why late in the race a car ahead of you is pitting (received a "drive-thru for exceeding stint limit" as an example), but I would rather have caught him (or not) on my own. I guess it makes sense to have the AI do things like crash and go outside of track limits or exceed their stint limits, but in the case where they receive a penalty, I would prefer to hear an Eduardo Freitas-type voice calling it out rather than distracting me with text in the screen. When they are talking to me, OK, display the text and hold it there for a few seconds so I can make sure I got it - as an option.

I have not checked, but is there a way post-race to pull all of the RCTL messages from the race?

baboon likes this.
  19. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

OH, now I get it, he meant pit crew communication duplicated in text, NOT ,... "all the text crap".

20. Stains

Stains Simracer

Like I said in OP "can I turn off the hud and any associated info? eg. the subtitles from my pit crew and all the text that comes when I need to pit!"

Nice to see you finally understood my question, it only took you some 24hrs to reread and comprehend it, lol. A few stubbies short of a six pack this one is :p

Cascader likes this.
  21. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I understood the point you were trying to make, but did not understand your childish attitude, but I guess its easy, when hiding behind the net to post "crap", isn't it.

Not wasting any more of my time on you.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019