1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Oo I think u slightly misunderstood, i was more amused then complaining about the situation, I know Monza is like this since day one on nearly every game. There just happened to be a lot of Monza servers yesterday evening.

2. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure sure about that - from some of the demos 's I've seen ray tracing is the next step towards photo realism in gaming. I don't doubt the benefit, and can't wait for it to be a reality. Now is just a little too soon though, given the state of the HW.

It is therefore unreasonable to expect the Devs to put effort into RTX, when there's other areas needing more urgent focus.

3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

RTX will make night racing more realistic with proper headlight effects from all cars. Racing at 2 fps would not even be controllable though. RTX must wait for next get hardware.

romandevision and jaxx_za like this.
  4. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

The h*ll? I have an Nvidia card but I had to google to find out what RTX even is...

I love ACC the way it is, but even so I could probably find a hundred things I'd rather wish for with priority over RTX...

Son and After_Midnight like this.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

6. Tech is good, but too heavy, when possible implement without serious performance issues, Devs around the world start to use it in their projects, at moment the cost to implement doesn't pay

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Its not just UE4 & ACC. Why do wet graphics in games show rain with such distinct razor blade lines...?

[​IMG]

9. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

It would be cool if they could make raindrops curve towards your windscreen when traveling at speed- As they appear to do irl.

10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

11. Rovlgut

Rovlgut Gamer

12. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

13. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

:D Sorry :D

14. Adastros

Adastros Racer

Can we have this as emote please? :D
    [​IMG]

chksix and GroteBakkes like this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I guess that's that.. At least I got one or two days without people ripping into each other and ACC... Great Success! :cool:

16. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

martcerv likes this.
  17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Omg..looks like sh*t will hit the fan soon.. Seen some gaming sites post the ACC is not gonna ahve RTX support :/ here comes another "matchmaking" sh*tstorm

LeDude83 and chksix like this.
  18. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

This is why you must never believe stories on the internet, There is so much misinterpretation , there will be people who don't have a RTX capable cards that start saying 'no RTX no buy'

LeDude83, MTv, romandevision and 2 others like this.
  19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

We have recently started testing some Singapore servers to try to increase the amount of people that can race together and have so far found pings very playable for all that join.
    For guys based in Australia without weird Australian internet issues it’s 90-110, Perth is closer to 50-60. Had a guy from central Japan join and he had a ping of 80 and another guy from Nigeria who was getting 215 which looked fine as well.

Singapore is such a major hub for internet traffic and would encompass the whole of Asia pacific region, west coast US and maybe Europe as well as far as playable pings go. A Competition server would be ideal there.

On that note as well, would love to know what ping people are seeing to these servers, can check in lobby by searching for raceonoz

Should be a handful marked as Singapore servers

chksix, martcerv and Coanda like this.
  20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yes, RTX is absolutely crucial for matchmaking.

Thom@s, LeDude83, Fear and 3 others like this.