1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dear devs any plan introducing safety car and pit animation?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by teaminfinitespirit, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Even with the fastest ECU you should save fuel, since you don't go full throttle and full revs. It could only be a problem, when the clock would be stopped.

2. redadeg

redadeg Racer

BTW: Is there somewhere a suggestion how much fuel i need for the race?

I mean, calculating how much laps been driven in a xx min race and then calculation how much fuel i (maybe) need, is kinda annoying.

After_Midnight likes this.
  3. Chriss

Chriss Racer

4. LukFry

LukFry Racer

Eazy-E cruises down the street in his Saftey Car :D So if Kunos give us a "real" pace/saftey car it'd be awesome :)
    But nice idea thou

GroteBakkes likes this.
  5. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Litres = Minutes * 2 is a safe rule of thumb.

6. LukFry

LukFry Racer

+1

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  7. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Plus a little extra for Monza.

8. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Haha, just lost 2 Postitions at the end because of your hint ;-)

Psit and Felge Schneider like this.
  9. aotto1977

Damn, really?
    Recently I even thought they reviewed the fuel consumption with 1.0.7 for I felt like having too much fuel left by the end of the race. :confused:

10. Turk

Turk Alien

It would be a completely false and necessary feature because safety cars aren't necessary in sim racing. They serve an actual purpose in racing, if they didn't they wouldn't be there. In long races it wouldn't be too much of an issue but in short races all it would do is waste two or three laps, after 30 seconds the cars would be clear and you'd spend the next 5 minutes driving around at slow speed for no reason.

A line on the road holding cars back for half a lap would achieve the same thing at a fraction of the expense in time and labour. I don't particularly want to spend what little time I have driving around in a traffic jam for no good reason.

11. redadeg

redadeg Racer

No offence. Just joking. Just watch my last lap :)

aotto1977 likes this.
  12. aotto1977

Haha, well, my 2L/minute prediction lasted for the 10 minutes, better add a safety reserve for the final lap. :D

13. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Yeah, learning by doing :)

14. baboon

baboon Alien

Not only waste of time but it's also messing with the race for no good reason. It should be priority to minimize the influence of the safety car on the racing with tools like yellow flags, double yellow, slow zones, full course yellow.

Turk and Jebus like this.
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Yes a safety car, optional, would be great, it would add to the immersion and is relevant since it happens on every Blancpain race I have ever watched. Either we simulate or we don’t.

16. Turk

Turk Alien

I think Kunos can simulate an e-sport equivalent without all the work involved in putting an actual car on the road. The line in the road achieves everything your asking for without all the work.

If e-sport is to be a new form of entertainment where people watch it the same way they'd watch any sport are they really going to want to sit through a safety car procedure that doesn't serve any purpose other than to create a false imposition on the drivers that do everything right.

I'm not against yellow flags and slowing cars down around an accident but e-sport has benefits over the real world in that we don't need to waste time behind a safety car.

I really think it's a feature that would get very little use. If it's easy to implement, then sure stick it in. If its more trouble than it's worth, I'm not going to miss it.

I could see safety cars used in a manged races where there is someone driving the car and there are marshals to make sure everything's working as it should and it's a broadcast event, but I don't really trust AI to do it at this stage.

teaminfinitespirit and Oblit0r like this.
  17. Tristan Cliffe

Tristan Cliffe Simracer

If we simulate the safety car, we need to simulate the marshalls, tractors, cranes (including breakdowns of all three!). Maybe there's an e-sport sim to be a motorsport marshall or a crane operator?
    The quicker they clear the car the sooner the safety car can come in.

18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

As long as you can't beach yourself, can't destroy your car to the point it becomes undriveable and you can press ESC - Return to garage, then there's absolutely no need for a safety car.

romandevision and baboon like this.
  19. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

It could be a fun feature well into a long race but I can't see how it could be implemented except as a random occurrence, which would be a bit o_O

20. Also, need penalty for breaching yellow flag! Instead of one crash, multiple causes by this thing.