1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1:48s at Hungaroring: does that make me slow?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Strummer, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Slow, very slow or acceptable? I am driving the Lambo GT3 with race fuel (45L). My 1:48s are feeling fast but I see that the fast boys are putting me in my place with 1:44s on YouTube. Dang!

Coanda likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error - ACC Crash to desktop during loading Hungaroring championship Oct 6, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Hungaroring, track limits in the last corner Feb 16, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Hungaroring | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Sep 23, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Hungaroring | Hot Lap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:42.888 Jul 10, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crash always with Hungaroring Line 3168 [.pak signature mismatch] Apr 8, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3] ACRL 6 Hours of Hungaroring | 16th January | acrlonline.org Jan 8, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room SRHI 3H of Hungaroring - 28-11-2020 Nov 11, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting CTD when starting race 2 - Hungaroring career Aug 7, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions The are 51 server on Hungaroring and 1 on Nurburgring! Jul 11, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI Hungaroring Oct 17, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Hungaroring Qualifying Lap - 1.42.8 Mercedes AMG Oct 3, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting [1.0.7] Pit message on Hungaroring Aug 4, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Hungaroring Hotlap M6 - 1:43.326 + Setup Apr 30, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Server with Hungaroring Apr 27, 2019
    ACC Physics [0.7.2] Ai Hungaroring Slow + Wrong Gear Selections Apr 22, 2019

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hi there. Yes 1:48 is a bit on the low side. Obviously it depends on the ambient and track conditions (hot, cold, green or rubbered track) but still a bit slowish.

Post a video or replay and I'm pretty sure the whole community here will help you go gain at least 1-2 seconds in less than a week.

Marceline and Coanda like this.
  4. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Thanks! I made a vid of my PB yesterday so I will post that here — unless you would prefer me to post it elsewhere — in an hour or so. I read your blog on the Hurracan carefully and thought I had come to grips with its particular challenges but there is obviously still work to do.

5. Aristotelis

If you have it on YT just share the link, or any other link you might have. I don't think you can upload to the forum a full vid, it's too big.

6. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Yeah, sorry, I misspoke. Link only, of course. Incoming within the hour.

7. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Well, here it is, fast lads, please be kind (or at least constructive). 1:48.7. I'd like to see 1:46. I thought I had learned to deal with the Lambo's pushier tendencies but perhaps not. I am pretty sure I am taking several corners one gear too low (patience is a virtue with this car). I am going to attach a faster lap by a quicker guy below for reference but here is mine. Sorry about the jagged resolution; I play ACC in very high res (and it performs superbly) but there may be an issue with either my recording or rendering settings.

And here is the faster lap. I can't get the "Copy video URL at current time" to work so please start at 1:21 on the timeline.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Liakitsos likes this.
  8. Aristotelis

Some short advice from my phone and more tomorrow.

- first mistake that I see is that you almost always exit too “narrow” without taking advantage of the whole width of the road. Of course that means your exit speed is also slower.
    That happens though because...

- - your braking is ok but after the initial turn in you turn too much. You really hardly need to turn more than 90° - 100° at any turn. You need to try hard (it’s difficult I know) to restrain yourself from turning too much. If you need to turn more than that then you are doing it wrong with the pedals. Stay at 100° and work the pedals.

- - after the initial turn in again you’re tentative on the accelerator pushing (together with excessive steering input) the car in under steer. As I said above, turn less and let the car coast (no throttle input) until the apex. Stay close to the apex and then gradually accelerate again and drive the car towards the outside taking advantage of the whole track width. Takes some used to but you’ll be surprised how much speed the car can carry mid turn if you simply let it coast without upsetting the aero platform by tentative pedal inputs.

There are also some turn lines to improve but more on this tomorrow or others might join with good advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maelstrom2000, RAF2, go.neil and 9 others like this.
  9. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

This is really helpful and much appreciated. I'm using the default aggressive setup (with 45L fuel) and, having read your excellent blog on the car, I certainly understand the need to coast to the apex rather than be trying to rotate the car with throttle, which just makes it push. I have not fiddled with TC or ABS settings as I think you are correct in identifying driving technique rather than setup issues as the source of my problem. You are right in your blog: it's quite a lot of work getting fast lap times in this car but it's worth it because it's very capable when driven "right".

10. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

I think the biggest loss comes from turn 2 and mainly turn 3.
    You lose approx 1-1.5s only in these turns and in the straight toward turn 4.
    Since you miss the apex in turn two you certainly cannot go into turn three in a good angle and with good pace.
    Turn 4 is a bit too careful either.
    The chicane is OK I think.
    You miss the apex a bit in turn 13, too since you turn too wide. 0.5s there.
    My best lap is 1:45.9xx, so I'm far from being the fastest guy out there but still, I think those are the errors you make.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Hobi, Pheebau and Strummer like this.
  11. nimp

nimp Racer

All of this is just a symptom of a bigger issue in your driving. You brake too much in a straight line without feeding in steering and feeling the front limit while trailbraking into the corner. And then you release brakes without turning an appropriate amount. This results in not knowing how much grip the front tires have left to provide and consequently overslowing a lot of corners. This leads to low apex speeds and everything Aristotelis already mentioned in this post.

Main thing you need to fix is your braking. You are basically guessing every braking zone how much you need to slow down and since grip levels/tires change slightly every lap, your best guess is never as good as feeling the front grip and adjusting your braking accordingly.

12. FLATPAT

FLATPAT Gamer

I would say you could be at least 2-3 seconds faster if you adjusted your car's position on the race track to the ideal line. Brake a little earlier and drive closer to the apex.
    Maybe adjust your FOV closer to the front, this allows you to drive more precisely.
    And then move on step by step...
    Have fun and enjoy every tenth of a second you gain. Don't look at the aliens times.

Check this video, it may help

Pheebau and Strummer like this.
  13. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

Timestamps are from the video not the lap timer.

0:31 You drive too far to the outside, keep inside so you can attack the next corner without lifting, the further you are outside the slower the next corner will be. Shown at 1:57 in the other video.
    0:43 A little bit too hesitant on the throttle
    0:48 The way I brake here is I position my car on the left and position my car so that the right tyre is facing the grey curb on the right and brake
    0:52 Too hesitant on the throttle you can accelerate earlier here.
    1:03 In these next corner being precise means being faster, not bad here.
    1:32 When braking here position your car so that the left tyre faces the grey curbing.
    1:42 Same as before but now your right tyre has to face the red and white curbing on the right, just a short but strong touch on the brake and coast through the corner, very easy to unsettle the car here.

Pheebau and Strummer like this.
  14. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Thanks, gents. Fr0zzen, can you explain what you mean when you refer to tires facing the curbing? Many thanks.

15. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

With fast track you should aim for 44 low. Diving into 43 with optimum

Strummer likes this.
  16. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I am on the controller and am doing on optimum track with 45L and aggressive preset 1:47:3xx. Guess thats respectable for controller?
    Half a second more is in there, but for more i might need a wheel.

Strummer likes this.
  17. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

20190822084025_1a.jpg 20190822083850_1a.jpg 20190822083641_1a.jpg

Strummer likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It's great that you posted your lap. A 1:46 is a realistic and achievable target. I think you have enough advice on the driving side however I am curious though... Have you ever tried using the default cockpit view (not the helmet view) with a high lock to horizon setting (80%+)..? It's all personal however for me I found with the helmet view and all it's camera movement this cost me lap time because I wasn't able to see the chassis movements and track contours etc...

Good luck on your quest :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    th3o likes this.
  19. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Coanda, my bad, I always use the default cockpit view when driving but changed it out of habit for the video without thinking. And after making the video I did a lap with the helmet view still in use and found it impossible. Your point about the lock to horizon setting is well taken; I will experiment with that because I do find that in the LH at this track I am not seeing some of the apexes from as far out as I would like. Thanks!

Coanda likes this.
  20. surephiel

surephiel Rookie

A 1.45 is definitely possible with a gamepad. I managed a 1.46.0 in the Audi in an online race a few nights ago, which was by the far the fastest I've ever gone there.
    I think the braking zones are where its easiest for pad-users to lose tons of time compared to wheel-users, especially when trailbraking is required.

th3o likes this.
  21. Coanda

Coanda Alien

You are spot on. It's a track I haven't put the hours in and I can do high 45's/flat 46's on a gpad in the Lexus with no assists. On average your always going to get -2+ seconds on a wheel.

th3o likes this.