1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Ferrari 488 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 6, 2019.

1. where can I find those infos?

Epistolarius likes this.
  2. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Would you mind telling us more about this aero thing that helps with high speed drag? would really appreciate it.
    Oh also is it also implemented in sim in any way?

3. We're never going to know for sure, but I'm assuming the shape of the car's body causes some aero elements to stall out at higher speeds. It is present in the simulator as the speeds we reach down the main straight of say, Monza, are really close to what was achieve last season in the series.

4. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

@Aristotelis you should add these kind of tips in the career mode. In the end it assumes you are approaching GT3 for the very first time and these are key to survive, not to be just fast.

Viggdred, chksix and Fremen_78 like this.
  5. Metzger

Metzger Racer

We live in a weird times.
    Normally, you would expect to make a road car engine more powerful to be used as a race car, instead, they cut off power from the normal road cars so to use them as a race cars :)

chksix likes this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That's been the case for quite a while.

7. @Aristotelis I am afraid there is some bug with upshifting and probably downshifting.
    if you upshift at almost 7300 rpm the car has a strange acceleration behavior and looks like it reaches higher speeds than normal in some conditions.
    it is like if the car has a second pitch of power at the overboost signal. I probably got the optimal shifting i don't know... but I ask you because it looks weird.

I don't know if it is possible with other cars.

8. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

I saw this behavior hunting down a ferrari in MP, pulls away shortly, thought it was a ping thing or something like that

9. guys this car does not exit the corners with the same speed as the other cars.
    there is no more the super bmw of early access, but amg Audi and Lambo are too fast on the exit.
    and I'm sure it is because of the tc.
    it is just like 0.6

10. even if I am at their a§§, they leave once we touch the trottle...
    I tested any combination.
    the best are 3-3 and 3-6.
    But anyway it is too slow. too slow.
    Any race is about defending even if you are faster. Even if you are a lot faster.
    it may not be a priority, but please think about it.
    I don't need the fastest car. but I don't think this car is the slowest at exit of the corners so, please.
    tell us something more about this new tc or consider to change it.
    thanks.

Primetime likes this.
  11. Primetime

Primetime Rookie

I feel the same way, don't know if TC is meant to work this way especially TC2, in 1.0.6. traction cut would never light up and now it's a Christmas tree every time you get near throttle. I think TC is not totally fixed since they already reworked it for this car, hoping for an update.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  12. after a few hours I feel like there is implemented the pre v1 bop. the car is not that faster than the Honda and a lot slower than the Lexus for instance. Mercedes is almost impossible to overtake.
    I see people having 2.16 on spa again. with Ferrari is almost impossible now.
    Probably not impossible since I do 2.17s, but for sure a lot more difficult than 1.0.6,in which I did 2.16 (not easely, but not this difficult). the car has no power.

Primetime likes this.
  13. I have to agree with you but with TC on 2 I can do 143's on Barcelona again. But even a 154 on the Nurburgring is very difficult. However I think we just have to get use to it, because I did see someone lap a 142.3 on Barcelona which is very quick for the car and a 147.5 at Monza.

14. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

It is not just ferrari IMO other cars i drive are also tiny bit slow in corners.
    old default setups won't work anymore.

15. For sure but once I lowered TC they were basically the same (except for Nurburgring) you could even put TC at 1 if you're just hotlapping but would never do this in a race.

16. I think it is slower on the exits 53 in the ring is also difficult 42 in barca also very difficult. because the car is overall slower on power. you have to go crazy in the corners

17. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I'm running level 1 TC at nearly every car i use(audi,mercedes,lamborghini and porsche) except ferrari which i always run on 2,2.
    Infact some corners are producing power on understeer for me even on TC so TC off makes it much better.

18. I don't understand how you go below 3

19. Yup you just described the 488 perfectly. Strangely (I guess because of the view) it feels so much faster than the Lambo but it just isn't.

20. Oh (this is just preference though) steering ratio on 12 helped me a lot too. But this is might be because the Lambo is at 12 and it was the car I learned on. Worth a try I think. And TC below 3 you just have to get use to it. Also I've raced with you many times on CP servers and I think you use a gamepad maybe its harder that way.