1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

This Is What ACC Can Produce

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by James P, Aug 23, 2019.

1. James P

James P Simracer

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post this footage from our most recent Redline Motorsport league race to show what kind of racing this game can produce when it's at it's best.

Quick Overview

It was an hour race, both me and Chris had awful starts for differing reasons and had dropped down into the middle of the top 10.

For the next 45 or so minutes we chased each other through the pack to get into P2 for Chris and P3 for me.

Due to me driving the AMG In the first 30 minutes of the race I had to save fuel (map 2) and decided to save tyres too as we fought through the traffic.

With 20 minutes to go Chris was 3.5 seconds down the road and we were both catching the leader. At that point I decided to switch to map 1 with the fuel I had saved and try and produce qualifying lap after qualifying lap with hopefully the tyres to catch him.

With 11 minutes to go after driving like crazy we were both on old tyres, I had him locked on and what followed was a truly epic battle which was one of the most enjoyable fights I've ever had.

You can find the video below (if it doesn't start where the battle starts, the action starts with 11 minutes remaining in the race (1 hour 38 minutes in) if you want to fast forward)

At the end of the race it felt like I had been in a titanic and tense fight which is how it should be. But more importantly, the end to this race shows what kind of racing this game can produce. These 2 cars couldn't have been any more different, both me and Chris were at the absolute limit on old tyres and yet we were separated by nothing on the track.

So I just wanted to say thank you Kunos for giving us a game that can allow us to do things like this

sloty, eRacer212, Thaar and 21 others like this.

2. Always cool to see stuff like that, but I have to giggle with old tyres.

During endurance stints of 65 minutes the worst my tyres have ever gotten was 2.21 and the best 2.40, which would mean they're easily double stintable. Not sure what you guys do with your tyres to wear them out so much.

3. James P

James P Simracer

All comes down to car, pace and track conditions I guess. An hour race is a sprint, so I set my car up to be as aggressive as possible knowing the tyres only need to last an hour.

Track conditions were 34 C towards the end of the race, so pretty hot and we were lapping in the low 35's so those two factors would contribute to greater tyre wear. Not only that, the AMG really struggles with traction at Misano, and so as my pace increased I was inherently pushing the rear tyres more and more.

If you think about the wear getting down to 2mm thats still a 1/3 of your tyre life gone, that's a lot when you are racing flat out.

What car, track conditions and pace were you running at in your races at Misano which allowed you to be so easy on your tyres?

Itll be good to know for future reference for me

4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Great stuff, really love to watch videos like that and thanks for sharing!

5. James P

James P Simracer

No worries @Aristotelis I am thoroughly enjoying the game and it was a very enjoyable battle. I physically fist bumped in the air when I finally got past Chris.

I'm hoping to be selected in the redraft for the E Sports Nurburgring event next week. If I am selected and can attend in the silver class, I have some questions about the AMG regarding the TC system and its fuel consumption that I'd love to ask you.. are you there in person?

chksix likes this.
  6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you for this video/thread/post. It is inspirational. It is great to read about good sim racers taking advantage of all the sophistication and attention to details that ACC is offering us.
    I also enjoy my time in ACC, even though on a less elaborate fashion, but still appreciating how unique ACC is in so many ways.

James P likes this.
  7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes I'll be there as usual at the complete disposition for questions and advice, cya there!

chksix and James P like this.
  8. James P

James P Simracer

Brilliant I've got my fingers crossed for the redraft so hopefully I am one of the lucky ones and can go :)

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Good stuff. What was that Merc thinking on the start.. :confused:

Still blows my mind hearing real commentators on on sim racing games.. The matrix is strong in this one.. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    James P likes this.
  10. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Good stuff! Reminds me of the last league race that we had in ACC (this is with ESR - an awesome league for those in North America - although we have people from other geos too). This was a couple of weeks back and was a 40 minute race around Misano. I had someone on my tail from lap one - and he was still there at the finish line 40 mins later. He couldn't find a way through as I drove a decent, defensive race even though he was probably a hair faster than me. Unbelievably intense - we both agreed it was one of the best races we'd ever had (Ferrari vs Porsche in case you're interested!). All thanks to ACC :)

chksix, James P and Cote Dazur like this.
  11. EsxPaul likes this.
  12. James P

James P Simracer

It was a crazy start, very unlike the high standards we set In that league. I managed to escape the worst of it, but 6 laps into the race I hit the kerb at the quick kink, car reacted really bizarre and it caused me to spin.

Shame really as I believe I had race winning pace had I not lost 15 seconds on Albert.

To be honest I love the live commentary. It adds another dimension to the footage and it becomes a professional package for those who want to watch :cool:

ignission, chksix and Coanda like this.
  13. James P

James P Simracer

Great stuff! The Porsche is tough to handle round here but its agility helps at Misano. The Ferrari is very good on fuel and tyres so its naturally strong too. Sounds like you had a tough fight!

The end to my race could have ended just like yours. Me and Chris are so equal on pace so I really had to maximise the part of the track where the Merc was strong to create an opportunity. The Lamborghini is very good out of slow corners and the back straight at Misano so I had maybe 2 placed on the track to nail a move. Luckily the fuel I saved earlier on allowed me to run the car as hard as I physically could too.

Thankfully after a few attempts on the previous laps, I managed to nail the braking zone into turn 7 on the outside, which enabled me to get the overlap for the left at T8.

14. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Yeah James we really had an absolutely epic battle that night :cool: Thank you for that mate, and thank you Kunos for letting us fight our souls off in such intense races. Though I have to say RLM's Friday race did not fall short on that, also very intense and clean. And I'm sure we will continue like this in the Porsche Cup Championship we're competing in...

Having said that, guys where are you broadcasting aces and commentating stars who want to build up their motorsports TV careers? :) I am looking for someone who would like to stream/broadcast our ACC Porsche Cup races on Twitch, we have over 20 Porsche Cup cars on track and last time had up to 100 live viewers. The next race starts on Monday August 26 (race start 20:30 UK time). PM me if interested!

ACC_Poster_Cup_Champ6.png

BEsnake likes this.
  15. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Great to watch!

I've talking here for ages about replays of the action during the live streams. Doesn't the present broadcasting SDK tool allows it?

Sometimes is a little shame to hear " something as happend, but I don't exactly what it was", without the possibility to go and check it.

16. chakko

chakko Alien

Unsurprising for me... it's a great sim.

Big crash there on the start though. But, you know... it happens. In real motorsport, you see it very frequently.

Thanks for posting this. Always nice to see good, close racing.

17. Poor gianfrest very sorry for him.
    Awesomeness in this video!

18. Dcully

Dcully Gamer

Great racing great driving guys a joy to watch.

19. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Got my anwser here:

Is from a Brazilian championship, great racers there.
    The comentary is in Portuguese so maybe for a lot of you, hard to understand, but they are using the replay. And it looks to be an live stream.

Chriss likes this.