1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

F1 by Kunos(discussion)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by romandevision, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudski

Rudski Alien

If they did simulate the current F1 season and simulated the air dynamics, all we would have is cars following each other and zero racing..:rolleyes:

Perell0ne and MsportDAN like this.
  2. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I guess you missed the last four races :)

3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Kunos have already said their no Codemasters, F1 license requires being a "game" for the youngsters. That's the target audience for this new age of f1.

4. chakko

chakko Alien

I assume a "classic" F1 license wouldn't cost that much? Tough to model the cars though, without much data.

5. geforth

geforth Gamer

If you want to play formula classic (60s) you can't beat grand prix legends. It is old, yes, but it works fine with win 10 (tested) and with aa and af it looks okay (tested). I tend to think, there is also a classic mod for assetto corsa or you play automobilista :)

The great advantage of gp legends are the original tracks

chakko likes this.
  6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Does a classic F1 licence actually make sense without a detailed damage model?
    I mean one of the characteristics of many of those cars was that the engine would blow up or some other part would fail out of nowhere at some random point. :D

romandevision likes this.
  7. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agreed.

That's what I've been thinking for a while now, the older F1 cars Kunos has already done in AC1, plus, were you actually have to physically shift the gears, like real men,... :)

But please leave out any hybrid cars.

A-Jin likes this.
  8. Turk

Turk Alien

I kind of doubt Kunos are in a position to create an F1 title based on the current game on the market at least not without expanding the workforce which is it's own headache. I don't think they could just hire a load of people and expect to make the next version of F1.

To give you an idea of where the thinking is at the top of F1 management. The numbers of people that watch F1 has fallen significantly since moving to paid TV, but the money they make has increased. So that's a win as far as any business is concerned.

I don't think F1 will ever regain the fans it had at it's peak because it's just not the same sport anymore, it's not a spectacle where you see machines doing things you can't see anywhere else and people don't die doing it as much as they used too, so it doesn't have mass appeal anymore.

The owners of F1 will do whatever makes the most money and that's selling a casual game to a casual consumer. They won't be making sims anytime soon and won't allow any other company to undermine their current gaming model by providing a better sim.

MTv, chksix, tjr and 3 others like this.
  9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

After seeing all these difficulties in making or even getting f1 license,What If kunos grab license of NEW hypercar class ? I have no doubt that this new hypercar class is GT1 return and if kunos can make such a amazing job in making each gt3 car feel unique just imagine such quality simulator in new hypercar !

IMO kunos should really grab the license because their physics are actually at top now unless AMS 2 beats them,still kunos is king of physics now.

A-Jin and Turk like this.
  10. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

I'm sure Kunos could make an excellent F1 sim, but that doesn't interest me.

I would, however, pay $100/year for a fully licensed WEC sim, updated to the latest cars, regulations, and tracks each year.

Sentry87, Gopher04 and Tkeg like this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

I think that's a much more appealing license to get. It's new, so maybe better value for money because they want to promote the class, it's exciting and interesting, most people would love to try the cars. It fits in very well with what they've already created.

If it could be done I think it would be a winner. I'd like to see them expand ACC and make it a bit of a platform, I thought that's how it would work with AC, but seeing the jump that ACC was over AC, it made sense to start from scratch. They could sort of ignore road cars because they don't fit into the racing theme and hopefully make some road focused version of AC2 down the road, it would be a crying shame if Kunos never made another road going Ferrari.

A-Jin, chksix and SimGuy_1 like this.
  12. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

It is? Maybe I'm the only one who thinks its a backwards step from true prototypes.

eracerhead likes this.
  13. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't really see it as a step down, it's different. Prototypes had their issues, companies didn't want to race them so they were pretty much gone anyway, it's just a matter of what do they replace them with. There's no reason why they couldn't bring them back in the future but in the mean time hypercar is going to bring some interest and clients back to the sport.

It is what it is, if these things become financially unviable then companies just won't do it and we end up with nothing. Hypercars keep them interested and give us similar racing to watch.

14. chakko

chakko Alien

Yeah... surely with a good damage model then. :)

15. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

The are a lot of other formula championships to be explored, for AC2 off course.

LATE4APEX and chakko like this.
  16. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

I think that the whole ACC experiment is speaking by itself.
    In a niche like simracing is, today, offer only one single class can't be a success. Simply, if that simulated class/championship/cars doesn't like, the sim doesn't sell, even if you do all perfect into the game.

All racing Sims in this "era" offer more than a single class, variety is the key for obvious reasons.

For sure i'm wrong, but i think that Kunos has learned many things after this project...

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  17. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Is not a question of learn.
    They did what people asked during AC development fase.
    The fundations are here. Shure they have more plans for the future.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  18. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Meh, i don't think they have done what people ask.
    I mean, i don't remember people asking for a single series title after AC.

19. jaykinch

jaykinch Gamer

I think f1 by Kunos would be too much of a hard sim, people fly off the track as it is with tc and abs, it would be carnage

Thing they should go down the touring car road

20. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I saw a lot of moaning from people wanting specialized sims like GPL or GTR2 during the last "generation" of only Jack-of-all-Trades sims. Now that we have ACC the other side is whining constantly about "only GT3" not having the same as AC again, while still having a vastly improved AC available that is still being modded and AMS2 on the horizon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.