1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

F1 by Kunos(discussion)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by romandevision, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

exactly what i think, this new hypercars align well with gt3 than F1. With their modern tyre model and best in class aero simulation i think they should really hurry and try and grab the license before arcademaster gets it.

Turk and A-Jin like this.
  2. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

not gonna lie but AC feels like simcade now only other diverse simulator are AMS and RF2 but both feels completely wrong and downright easy compared to acc.
    Real race cars should be hard af which they in ACC(still could be harder IMO)
    but in AC,AMS and especially RF2 they don't have any soul,feel the thrill.

3. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I agree but quality falls to the ground when sim focuses more on diversity rather than focusing on single series.
    In all the other diverse sims(except iracing which is a scam) all the cars are pathetic to drive.

4. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Much as I've enjoyed F1 over the years (I've watched pretty much every race since the mid '90s), I don't really want to drive F1 in a sim. It's too hectic, plus modern F1 is just not that emotionally engaging for me. It's fast, for sure, but GT3 cars are more varied, sexier and produce better racing. I love what ACC has done.

I do think there's room to grow though. It's been discussed a hundred times over, but if we add the American and Asia tracks (a lot of work, I appreciate) and expand to the support classes like GT4, TC or Formula Eurocup then we'd have huge variety but all within the stable.

If we got all that - 1) I'd probably never play any other sim and 2) I'd be willing to pay a premium for the DLC to get us there. If Kunos want to run a Kickstarter with premium packages to help finance this vision, I'd be the first in line. Like many of us, I've spent $1000's on my rig - and about $25 on the sim itself.

Derrellbiffle, Son, fsuarez79 and 7 others like this.
  5. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

FUC* FORMULA 1, ASSETTO CORSA RALLY NOW!!!

thsnks for understanding my capital letters

A-Jin and Salvatore Amato like this.
  6. what about drifting? Karting?
    Anyway gt is the first choice imo

7. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yea a proper rally simulator is needed

isma_c_r likes this.
  8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

It's quite the opposite for me after driving F1 in other sims gt3 cars feels like heavy trucks, it feels likely they taking ages to turn in and reach top speed. IRL if i ever owned a gt3 cars i would be happiest man in the world but in simulator i want something that actually scares me and keeps me engaged,while gt3 does these things but f1 cars do it much much better.

A-Jin and dajdosta like this.
  9. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Try KartKraft.... or Wipeout:)

10. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

To get the F1 licence you'll need very deep pockets. Along with greasing some very high profile palms. Kunos just aint high rollers so will never get the chance. Codemasters drop a new title every year, Kunos spend 5 years developing, releasing and then fixing its games. The big boys that own F1 get a payday every year with CM, why would they give up millions to please a few hardcore sim racers?

Wont happen.

11. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

WRC 8 will be released on september 5.
    I hope it will be a worthy game.

12. Tristan Cliffe

Tristan Cliffe Simracer

Are they? Why? That's not been my experience.

Jebus and alex bonner like this.
  13. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

Those that have never driven a race car believe that. Reality is far from a game.

LATE4APEX and romandevision like this.
  14. TTM

TTM Alien

No for F1 game from Kunos. Why not create something new? Driving game with different surfaces and full surface degradation. Cars with parts which will broken/worn out or you want buy better ones to get better performance etc.

15. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

This is a matter of manufacturers' license, which does not want to see that their cars can (suddenly!) fall apart.

And as far as improvement is concerned. I hope that all the improvements will be removed in season 2021. Tired of seeing the battle picture: my money is faster than yours.

16. WallyM

WallyM Alien

What I do thoroughly appreciate though is to have all of the peripheral aspects simulated, in the context of a single series - all the rules, pitstop, stints, penalties, BOP, classes, all that stuff. I much more enjoy a full simulation of the whole racing experience, not just driving random cars around a track.

Perell0ne and romandevision like this.
  17. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

jajajajajajajjaj
    Blancpain is already difficult for Kunos, I don't want to imagine them with Formula 1.

The next sim that make it without competition licenses. It will be the best

18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Thx for suggestions,but unfortunately i'm not into karts.

19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Ofcourse you can drive normally at slow speeds them but have you actually driven gt3 car over the limit without TC ? if that's still easy for you then bravo.

20. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

We're talking about real life here. Why would you turn TC off in a GT3 in the first place? Unless you're Kevin Estre of course.
    Would you put Prius tires in a Ferrari and drive it "over the limit"?

Slowbloke and chksix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.