1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I’m frustrated but........

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by f1200racer, Aug 27, 2019.

1. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

not at the game I think it’s great and thank Kunos for all their hard work. I’m frustrated with my driving so I avoid online racing so far

Sorry for the long post but here it goes

A little background on me irl I’ve raced low level formula cars and been very quick and consistent. Taken race driving schools instructors have always been impressed. Driven Nissan GTRs on track days. I work on a race team and driver coach with motec. So I have an idea of what to look for.

On the sim side I’ve raced everything from the original nfs to GTR2 and AC and f1 and been very good at them and consistent . Not alien fast but best of the rest fast. Lol.

For some reason with acc I just can’t seem to put fast laps together or consistent laps or corners . And the Ferrari and McLaren seem to be the only cars I can hop in and drive with the aggressive setup without crashing constantly . At hungry with the 488 I’ve managed one 1:46.9 the rest are 47s,48s. Any other car 49s and higher without flying off the track. When I look at the data from the 488 my theoretical is 1:45.5 So I know I can do it. when we coach if you can get constantly within .5 to .75 of second of your theoretical your doing good. But I’m like 2-3 seconds off. Anyone else having this issue? Or is ACC just that humbling lol and I’m just not as talented as I thought I was

The other issue I have is ffb feeling through my g29 I just don’t have a good feeling and maybe that’s all my issue is. Does anyone have a suggestion ffb settings on this wheel. Keep in mind I prefer a heavier feeling wheel. With GT cars I expect to feel it leaning on the front tire but I don’t get the sense yet

If you made it this far thank you

EsxPaul and chksix like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I’m off..... Nov 13, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions My controls are locked from the beginning like I’m in pits Aug 6, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I’m loving it more and more. Jul 4, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Frustrated lol.. SA Sep 11, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Totally frustrated Nov 2, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Frustrated with the penalty system Apr 11, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions another frustrated user Sep 4, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Frustrated trying to save replay from online race Oct 21, 2014

3. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

If you’re running 46.9 at Hungary you’re definitely not fast of the rest. That would put you and mid/end of midpack.

Aliens runs at 42 high, 43...

Upload a video of your lap. See if you’re doing a lot of coasting, it’s working for me. Adjusting dampers on all cars is a must. I can get to low 44 in almost every car that I’ve tried with very small tweaks on dampers and driving style.

If you prefer a heavier feeling wheel, I would strongly suggest an upgrade. The hardware simply can’t deliver enough power.

4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I think we have a very similar real life racing experience.

For me, having fenders covering the wheels, makes it difficult for me to initially use all of the track, kept on pushing that boundary, made a big difference in my times.

Also, even as I understand that Dynamic Dampening was created to smooth out our geared wheels, but too much will remove FFB info that you are looking for.
    DD will add weight to your wheel, but at the expense of feed back.

Were did you race F1200, I raced at Mosport and a small track in Michigan, called Waterford Hills.

5. Borbor

Borbor Racer

ken

i'll ping you when my season dies down and i get my basement cleaned up :) you can have a go on my csw v2 with pt1 pedals and see if it's hardware related. if you can make it up to ctmp on regional weekends, durham can't be that far of a trek i hope.

6. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

Wheel upgrades are out as I just updated to the g29 buget and all dictated that. I’ll try lowering dd and see what that does. Funny enough I was faster and more comfortable in a sedan than the f1200. I raced at mosport and Shannonville. It was 17 years ago I raced f1200 but have been part of a crew up till this year when my new job requires me to be away weeks at a time

Thanks I’m about 1.5h from ctmp up till this year I was there 6-7 times a summer for years

LATE4APEX likes this.
  7. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

Little update my fov was wrong. I fixed that and my consistency much improved. Got it up to an 88 in a few hours. Now I need to work on finding time

8. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Ferrari has quite light feeling, instead of trying to fix it with ffb settings, I would suggest adjusting car setup. Try putting castor angle to close 14 and possibly front toe close to 0

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its not always easy to go from real cars to sims and some struggle more the others. If you have done lots of sim stuff in the past you should be able manage the limitations of a sim setup.

Lap times themselves dont mean too much as it will depend on track condition, temps fuel loads, hotlap or open practice etc. However the consistancy does say a bit as I think the quicker guys could probably get within a few tenths of their potential most laps. Obviously it doesnt mean to your optimal pb as a race run is very different to hotlap mode in which if your using you should be able to get well under .5 per lap variance and to your session best.

If you can vary by more then 1 second per lap it must mean some pretty big errors and these are likely over driving and most likely braking too late missing apexes by a fair amount. If your making too many errors then backing off a bit will likely find more consistancy and even pace.

If your fast laps seem like a fluke then its really not saying much and if these laps arent even that quick you could likely find a couple seconds just by being cleaner and more precise at each corner.

10. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Yes it is true that increasing caster will give a heavier wheel feel but it's totally the wrong way to get around FFB woes.

Caster is a fundamental setup component that completely changes the geometry of your front suspension affecting how the car reacts to bumps, tracks in a straight line and the way the camber angle progresses through the steering range - do not change caster to tailor your FFB feel!

mibrandt likes this.
  11. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

I was not talking about ffb feel in general, but how Ferrari is and how I got it feeling somewhat what he describes is missing. If it helps, its not wrong.

12. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Have you tried creating a LUT file for your wheel? I have a G29 as well and this really helped make the FFB more effective in the central weak/dead-zone. Basically removed it completely.

PuRe_AdDicT likes this.
  13. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

G29:
    80% Gain (even there sometimes skipping)
    0% Minimum Force
    10-15% Dynamic Damper
    Road Effects 0-5%
    Lut-File (worth a try!)

Watched Michi Hoyer at Sebring with G27 (I think), top Alien Times...
    No excuses for slower times because of wheel, unfortunately :(

14. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

That's pretty much what I have, but no road effects and Lut,... and very happy.

15. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Racer

I never had the chance to try ACC with my G29 but during the time that I did own it I would run around 15% minimum force (give or take a few %) in all of the other Sims R3E rF2 etc. If I ever ran 0% there would be a large deadline around centre.

Are you guys experiencing this feeling with 0% minimum force or does ACC behave differently with the G29?

16. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I was also running around 15 min force to compensate for the dead-zone until it was possible to write a LUT file. With the LUT the min force should be at 0.

EsxPaul likes this.
  17. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Ferrari is one of the easiest car to drive
    not gonna lie but you seriously need to work on your skills as putting a good lap is on that track is not that hard.
    infact i just set 1:44:6xx with porsche with TC off just with default aggressive setup with rear wing one click less and front ride height plus 1.
    with ferrari it's even better 1:44:00 so that car is definitely better and easier.

Edit: my wheel is g27 so g29 is definitely not issue here.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    f1200racer likes this.
  18. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

So I’ve come to the conclusion I just suck :( however I started with the aggressive setup and completely changed just about everything with the setup of the car. Tire pressure, Springs, Arb’s, diff, dampers, ride hight. And I’m down to constant 46’s now and it feels way more comfortable for me to drive. Guess I just need more practice but it’s hard with only a few hours a week I can get on my rig

19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

If i may i would suggest you stick with std aggressive setup and adapt to it.
    If you change cars setups without putting consistent laps on std aggressive setup then there is no point to touch the setup.
    Go load aggressive setup change tyre pressure (keep them in psi range of 27-28.3). Just accept the limits of cars don't bully it or it would cause both understeer or oversteer.
    I also have problems but i generally get power on understeer(porsche)since i'm impatient driver don't like coasting or doing nothing for longer periods of time.(my weakness due to i come from rally and f1 cars which are constantly engaging ).

20. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

Last 2 nights all I changed was my fov and the consistency came with the aggressive setup but never felt comfortable with it. This morning I started with setup changes little by little and now with what I ended up with it’s way more comfortable for me and I was 2 seconds faster consistently than the aggressive setup. It’s just going to take me some time at this.

21. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

well 2 seconds is huge gain so changes worked that's great just keep practicing it will get easier.