1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1:48s at Hungaroring: does that make me slow?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Strummer, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Low 1:47s now. Getting there. I hadn’t driven either the Hurracan or Hungaroring before. I will be content with 1:46s, I’ll never threaten any of you guys who regard 44s as the low end.

Coanda likes this.
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Congrats :) When you reached your goal, if you're not too hung up about the car maybe test out another one? Like for me, changing from the Lamborghini to the Mercedes made me more than one second faster.

3. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Thanks, yes, I’m not sure that the Lambo is a great fit for me but I was intrigued by the high regard in which it is held. As you will have gathered by now, I am a terminal mid-pack racer but am faster in some cars than others. I can see why it’s so fast in the right hands. At Hungaroring it’s a constant process of getting it to change direction while still carrying a lot of speed so I have had a major refresher course in trail-braking and using all of the track. And patience. You can’t hustle it like you can the McLaren, you have to go easy on the throttle mid-corner and its not as forgiving — the liftoff oversteer can ruin your day — but I can see how fast it can be in more skilled hands than mine. As Aris says in his excellent blog, you have to WORK for the laptimes, especially at a go-kart track like Hungaroring; I’d have had an easier time in the McLaren — or in the Lambo at Spa — but what I love about ACC is the genuine and deep differences in driving dynamics amongst all the cars. You fast guys will laugh but my aim before I move onto another car/track combo is to do well in a 30 min sprint race with pitstop against 19 AI at 89/80. That’s the best challenge for me. Taking on you lot in MP would be an exercise in humiliation!

4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Ha, I wish :D I think the most valuable thing is to have a goal to work towards. It keeps you motivated to practice, and once you reached your goal you can set a new one a rung higher. My goal atm is to be able to consistently qualify in the top ten with AI on 95/75 and to be able to stay in the top ten over the course of a standard sprint race.

I'm actually not that much faster than you, depending on the car and track. Hungaroring is one of my better tracks, because it was new to me in ACC, and I could learn in from the ground up, but I'm still struggling immensly on the "better known" tracks because of bad muscle memory. Over the almost one year in ACC I got myself to the point that I can keep up well with AI on 95/75, but I'm not overtaking a lot on those settings.

5. Goes To 11

Goes To 11 Gamer

This thread was making me feel slow. I was getting 1:53s in the Gallardo when it was first posted. With all the great advice here, I was only able to get it down to the 1:51s. I switched over to the Merc and was able to cut my time down to the 1:47s. Not sure why I was having so much trouble with the Gallardo. Thanks to the OP and everyone who has posted advice.

Strummer likes this.
  6. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Well done! But the Gallardo is not supposed to be competitive with the 2018 GT3s, is it, or am I mistaken? I don’t think we get the choice to run it in an “official” event…

7. Goes To 11

Goes To 11 Gamer

I didn't know that. Besides the odd lap, I've just really started playing ACC. The Gallardo was one of the choices in career mode so I just assumed it would be competitive.

8. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Gallardo isn't competitive unfortunately (isn't competitive IRL either). Its closer at Monza but still ~1 second slower than the top tier cars

9. bratt01

bratt01 Gamer

The one thing that stands out for me - something I would tip you on. Be smoother, turn in smoother, get off the brakes smoother, apply throttle smoother. You are overdriving the car.
    In a lot of the corners you punch the throttle too suddenly and also too early, making it push and subsequently forcing you to make steering corrections too often.
    Try and drive slower, and you'll be quicker.
    Make a deliberate effort in trying to take longer to go from full brake to brakes released, and also from no throttle to full throttle.
    Hold the steering wheel in your finger tips while doing this for a couple of laps to get used to feeling the grip.
    Then when you can do a lap like that without any tyre squeel (don't worry if you aren't fast) , grip the wheel like normal and start going a tiny bit faster and faster.
    You'll soon find that smooth if fast and fast is smooth.

Strummer and Eric Rowland like this.
  10. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

This is good advice, thank you, and you nailed it; I always, always fall into the trap of overdriving a car when either the car or the track is unfamiliar. I am in the low 47s now and will be happy with another second; I think it's attainable.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  11. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

I was In the same boat at this track frustrated because I couldn’t put together consistent laps and I was 48’s and 49’s. for me I fixed my FOV (which help with the consistency) and played with the setup in the Ferrari as I wasn’t comfortable with the aggressive setup and now I’m in the 46’s with more time to find

12. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

What are your FOV settings?

13. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

On a 43 inch tv @ 32 inches away I set my fov at 40. At first it felt like my face was in the front windshield but once I got used to it I was able to bang out consistent laps.

14. Goes To 11

Goes To 11 Gamer

Not sure if I should post this here or create a new thread. Don't want to hijack the thread. I'm starting to get into the 46s. Any tips would be appreciated. I think that I messed up the chicane but still my fastest lap.

15. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Nice lap, nice and smooth. I could learn from this. What was the actual time? The in-car display is obscured by that text overlay.

16. Goes To 11

Goes To 11 Gamer

It's a 1:46.533

17. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

1st corner ->wrong apex, u turn to early in...try 2nd gear
    2nd corner -> wrong gear, take 2nd gear
    chicane -> wrong turn in, stay completly 2nd gear but turn in later, dont cut to much in 1st turn, never cut the 2nd turn, the high curb isn´t good, makes the car jumpy
    corner 12 -> 2nd gear, if u can handle it dont take the high curb
    corner 13 -> 2nd gear
    corner 14 ->come from more left side so u can go a bit faster and straight to turn in

good luck

Goes To 11 likes this.
  18. Filip Janota

Filip Janota Rookie

While I probably cannot add anything else for OPs lap, seeing there are already two guys asking for help with their laps got me thinking. I can provide server environment (I'm admin of Lamracing servers, we have instance for each track with a room for more), we could hop on Discord and do some training sessions in a group of people. I'm no alien and could use some tips and tricks myself but I can drive 1:46 on Hungaroring consistently so I might be able to maybe help a little. And if someone from 1:44 teritorry would find time to join us, it would be even better. And of course, we could do this for all tracks, not just Hungaroring. Let me know what you guys think :)

Strummer, f1200racer and EsxPaul like this.
  19. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

46 guys lose time in 3 corners:

T5
    T 6/7 (chicane)
    T11

Weight transfer is essential to tackle these 3 corners and make it into the 44s

Goes To 11 likes this.
  20. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Racer

I think that's a great idea. I haven't put that many hours into ACC but I know reading through this thread has made me feel very humble.

I'm not even capable of getting a 1:48 myself. I think a 1:49 is the best I've achieved so some basic coaching to point out where I must be clearly going wrong would be a great help.

Strummer and f1200racer like this.