1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

clickable cockpits

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Luciano Micale, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

to the developers and to everyone interested...what do you think of the possibility of having mouse clickable cockpits for cars?!?Is a feature of lots of flight sims and i think adds immersion, i know there are a tons of things to do before but maybe in the future, one day...

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Menu minimizes game and menu not clickable Aug 23, 2017
    Suggestions Electronics app clickable Oct 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Serious post- 1.0.1 career glitch: events no longer clickable Dec 24, 2014
    Screens & Videos How to get clickable fullsize-pics with flickr! Nov 9, 2014
    ACC General Discussions Any way to make the cockpits less claustrophobic? Sep 5, 2019
    Console Lounge console, cockpits, and 3d printed addons Mar 3, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Oculus Rift cockpits get warped when looking around Jul 15, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Blurry Cockpits Feb 14, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Cockpits detalization Oct 22, 2014
    3D car models high res cockpits Jan 16, 2014

3. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

I don’t see how can it be used if you’re using a wheel except during pitstops.

4. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

did you ever tried dcs world flight sim?!?if you can click something on a fighter jet with mouse while in vr, then of course you can turn the engine on just clicking the right switch...it would add immersion to the game and who knows...if tomorrow you would find yourself in front of 911gt3 cup car...you can steal it, start the engine and fly away ;)

AchillesXI likes this.
  5. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Been there, done that :)

Kunos already did this with NetKar Pro in 2006.

Some liked it, but for me it actually broke the immersion. Using a mouse made it painfully clear this was a computer program.

rycil likes this.
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

You usually have a free hand in a flight sim, no? For me personally, although I can see the appeal in VR, I don't think this would be very useful, I'd rather press the physical buttons on my wheel and buttonbox. On the other hand, if in VR there was a way to have a cursor in your field of vision with which you could "target" a button and use a button on your wheel to activate, that might be something, but you'll still have to look away from the road for some time.

7. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

mmm
    mmmm...are you thinking to project...2?!?i remember a certain cursor... ;)

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Don’t really see this working in vr so much. I have my button box positioned exactly where the Lambo console is so the feel and reach distance is about the same.

If the in game burins were used for activating g stuff I would need to take my hand off the wheel, pickup a controller for tracking and go for a button on the virtual dash? Would take too long and you would almost certainly bin it.

9. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

in flight sims ypu can use keys mapped on your joysticks, click on the cockpit or just use the keys of the keyboard, so one does not mean you do not have the other, but is just a matter of preference

10. rikirk

rikirk Racer

It is going to happen in VR sooner or later with the haptic gloves.

11. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I wouldn't be able to keep my car on the road while I grab my mouse, have to look around the cockpit to find a button, then try to click it before putting my car in the wall. Don't see how this would add any immersion tbh.
    Trying to type something on a straight is hard to do already, and that's without having to move the camera to look around the cockpit. I can only imagine how many people would bin it with such a feature.

In flight sims you have time to look around the cockpit, sim racing requires a lot more concentration and eyes-on-the-road. Imagine having to use your mouse on tracks like Zolder.

So, no thanks. I've got all buttons I need mapped to my steering wheel.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Perell0ne and JanR like this.
  12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

But do you want to press a virtual button or a real one in the right place?

Think I’ll stick to my button box with all the buttons and rotary’s I need

13. rikirk

rikirk Racer

I would not mind ;)

Attached Files:

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Good setup

15. DCS World Flight Sim amazing

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I for one would like to see it coming back to a Kunos game. It wouldn't replace key bindings, you could just ignore it (like you could in netKar?).

And it would require implementing a way to look around, so you can actually look at the gorgeously made cockpits without a head tracking device or free cam. That would be a good addition also...

sherpa25 likes this.
  17. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Would you mind sharing woth us this beautiful buttonbox? Is this DIY? And if so can we check somewhere how it is made?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

18. rikirk

rikirk Racer

Serge M and Guido Trampe like this.
  19. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer