1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GT2 cars.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SimGuy_1, Sep 1, 2019.

Tags:
?

New GT2 cars in ACC ?

1. YES

2. NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lionbest

lionbest Racer

I think we would all gladly pay for more content, ie see AC and their DLCs - got them all

2. You asked a question. Promoted a pol.
    I got the impression that you also answered to everyone said not to care about gt2.
    In my impression you were trying to promote gt2 dlcs.
    Looks like I was wrong. sorry

3. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Sure, I’ll take GT2s - but I’d also take GT4s or Formula Renault Eurocup or TCRs as they’re all part of the Blancpain GT series. I’d also take American or Asian tracks. In fact I’d take any more content, I’m not that fussy.

What I really want is for this foundation to grow. I love what ACC has become and how it looks and feels - no other sim does it for me in the same way any more, so the important thing is for it to keep moving onwards and upwards.

grrdabrr likes this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its pretty clear you have an issue with GT3 cars and their BOP in the Blancpain series. Maybe the official game of Blancpain Europe GT3 series isn't for you.

I'm sure nobody would say no to any extra content but its an interesting way to try and make a wishlist not look like a wishlist. :p

5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

? o_O

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The OP probably should do some research into what he is asking too, GT2 is an AM car class thats meant to be easier to drive then GT3.

My reading of that is that they will be raced in Blancpain Sprint events with GT3 cars in 2020. They have more power but are heavier with less aero and slower then GT3.

7. following the last Sro press conference, there will be a gt2 championship for am drivers only.
    also a gt1.

ps
    Anyway, if anyone strongly wants another category, next gt1 is far more interesting, isn't it? ahahahaha

8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I know gt2 class is meant for AM thats not the point what i like is that they have more power hence better p/w ratio. For me having more or less aero doesn't matter i can handle the car no matter what.

9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

yes gt1 will be far more interesting but i think they will arrive even later than gt2 cars hence more wait.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

As they are supposed to be slower then GT3 and going by this line considerably heavier and more based on road cars no indicatino of better p/w ratio. Higher power may mean more top speed which would make them very awkward in a mixed class race with GT3 cars but the extra weight and less aero would mean lower apex and exit speeds, plus much longer braking distances so top speeds on most tracks may end up similar to GT3 cars with considerably slower lap times.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I also read somewhere that gt2 was to have full road car electronics including ABS/TC/SC maybe they can even add auto braking and lane assist to make them "real drivers" race cars. As in the same real drivers that can take the car to the shops and pick up the kids from school. :D

chksix likes this.
  12. Arti

Arti Gamer

Jan Erik Slooten from Iron Force Racing (he raced both the Porsche GT3 and the GT2 at Spa) said that the GT2 was around 35 km/h slower in Eau Rouge but at the end of Kemmel straight it was about 25 km/h faster than the GT3. I think you are right, racing them together could be very awkward.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

At the Nürburgring 24hr race there were gt3 drivers complaining that passing gt4 cars was very dangerous as they had higher top speeds then gt3 after they got a bit more BOP to keep speeds down, not allowing for easy passes on straights but needing big dives under braking. If GT2/3 has the same issues its likely not a great idea to put them in the same fields.

Gevatter and Salvatore Amato like this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I don't know how the LMP1 boys do it. Mark Webber was talking about this and how uncomfortable he was about the speed differentiation. It's pleasurable madness :cool:

15. there is no wait because nobody said they are coming.

martcerv likes this.
  16. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Audi gt2->>
    weight: 1350kg
    power: 640 HP
    P/W : 0.47

Audi Gt3->>
    weight(BoP): 1250kg appox
    power(BoP) : 500Hp or 510Hp
    P/W : 0.40
    Also audi GT2 will have slightly better torque

It's even better with porsche

Porsche GT2->>
    Weight : 1390Kg
    Power: 700Hp(750Nm !! )
    P/W : 0.50

Porsche GT3->>
    Weight(BoP): 1240kg appox maybe even higher on some tracks

Power : 500Hp(as aris said)
    Much MUCH lower torque than gt2

P/W: 0.40

Also i'm pretty sure you can turn all electronic OFF just like in GT3 car and road cars.

All this means GT2 cars have better grip to power ratio than gt3
    Right now gt3 feels like too much grip not enough power.

It is not about laptimes but how engaging the car is over whole lap and it pretty easy guess than have lower aero and much more power gt2 will be more engaging.

Edit: I don't hate GT3 cars at all infact i love how they look but it is impossible to be thrilled with all that aero grip on my single screen setup. I don't feel g-forces but i DO feel wheels spin.

17. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

Yeah man, but GT2 will have nearly stock suspansion, brakes and worse aero.

18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

i think that will just add to more challenging car as all aero is doing now is providing way too much grip also aero car have setup to have some understeer as aero balance is towards rear(in most cars i drive).
    This is exactly what i have to do with gt3 cars in aero corners management of understeer despite i always run on super aggressive setup.
    Yes i can remove the wing entirely but is just unrealistic and artificial it will just brake balance of the car.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  19. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

If you want a car with poor downforce and is fast in a straight line just drive the Gullardo :eek:

martcerv and Son like this.
  20. and with Gallardo you can feel the power under your ***!