1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

nah mate, I don't know. What are you worried about?

2. Guys watch this interview.

After having watched this interview, I must say that, even if kunos simulazioni would stop working on acc or anything related to us (to me), I would always remember their titles as the best of the best for my personal taste.
    And I am trying to stay polite and politically correct, which for me is an effort.
    In particular, I will always remember ACC as the realization of my dreams in terms of simracing.
    Thanks to kunos I can blow up my mind to understand which of the wonderful gt3s we have is more suitable to me.
    Thanks to kunos I can race other real people in the one to one raprentation of the best tracks in Europe.
    In short, I will always love you for what you have already done now, while I'm writing.
    It's thanks to you if I met a lot of new people who share my passion, not only for motorsport, but simracing itself.

This is the time to make the last effort.
    To collect all the results of your enormous efforts. I can only imagine what heavy two years you have lived, struggling against new challenges and time.
    I say: this is the best sim available.
    I say: it will be the last sim. perfection.

But guys. Please don't let negative comments demotivate you now.
    Just dont.
    From a passionate fan.

@Lord Kunos

3. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Great interview and nice explanation on lots of things that are issues, where they are with them and the struggles too.
    I am a bit of a moaner at present with where the state of ACC is so listening to this did restore some faith and slight excitement at what the new content next year could be...
    Thought sadly not nords

4. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I still enjoy playing but have the moans a bit too. When they did the multiplayer re-write it put them a month behind their public release schedule. 2019 DLC was due in Summer, the revised end of October prediction means they are now 2 months behind their schedule. With so many core game features still missing such as any kind of stats at all, missing multiplayer features, lobby filters that still produce high ping results ahead of populated local servers 2 months post release (Aussie user) it's possible they are even further behind. New game features touted for release with 2019 DLC, I hope they're not holding anything back that should have been in 1.0.0 to make '1.1' seem like a milestone release just for marketing purposes.

Apologies for the rant, I'm usually one of the people sticking up for them, but is still possible to get frustrated.

Rolz likes this.
  5. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Interesting video. I got a little worried when he said that they might not use unreal in the future - I hope that’s not the case. Yes it hasn’t been great for the minority of people using VR bad triples, but it has been fantastic for single screen users. ACC looks significantly better than any other sim and that has to be down to unreal.

Very relieved that he talked about new content being planned for next year. I’ll take that as confirmation that ACC has a future which is great to hear.

SylverFyre likes this.
  6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Tbh I was surprised how often chitchat with almost any german went towards this topic during the weekend. For sure doesn't lower the pressure to do some again, but ofc. the primary reason of "not enough time" did not change yet.

7. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

Ehm. I am single screen user (49 Inch Ultrawide) and I can't confirm your statement. For me, ACC looks good, yes, but definitely not the best out there with the bad AA,blur and ghosting. If they can get rid of the ghosting with a proper AA this would indeed be the best looking sim out there but for now it's not.

SYBER1AN, Karsten Beoulve and Coanda like this.
  8. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Revised since when?
    ACC was released on May 29th and, at least, since May 1st, it’s know that 2019 DLC is set to be released by the end of summer/beginning of fall, so an October release is very much inside of what to be expected since some months ago.

JanR, sps_for_race and Son like this.
  9. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

To be honest, it only makes sense that we will get it around October. They can't release it now, as there are still two Blancpain races to do (Hungaroring and Barcelona), and at those races one-off cars will join, for example, another Honda is meant to be racing in the PRO class at Barcelona, and if they released the DLC now then we simply wouldn't have all the content, such as that Honda. They need to wait until all the races are done so they can recreate the liveries for the one-off cars and anything else that shows up.

sps_for_race likes this.
  10. Captain Barracuda

I understand where you're coming from, and until those rounds have been run there are important unknowns (such as final BOP), but things like team skin changes or an extra Honda can be added as a patch later. Not reasons to hold back the whole lot. Codies do this with F1 games as teams change liveries etc during the season.

Adastros and Sentry87 like this.
  11. Captain Barracuda

The early access roadmap had it as Summer, not end of summer/beginning of fall (and the end of October is 2/3 of the way through fall :rolleyes:). I'm just pointing out facts about changes to the indicated schedule. I've never had that much of an issue with delays, but let's not call a spoon a knife here, the end of October isn't the end of Summer, or the beginning of fall ;)

2019 Summer.jpg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Cascader and Rolz like this.
  12. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Summer is til the 23rd of September. If they release the 2019 DLC at the end of October, they'd still be 1 month behind.

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

1 month, 2 months, 3 months... No big deal sh!t happens..

14. Captain Barracuda

Well you've taught me something, in Australia the seasons always change at start of the month, not 23rd and always thought Northern Hemisphere was just the inverse of us season wise, there ya go :) It's still late though haha

15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I rather have a quality product instead of something rushed out because a couple of people are impatient.

vortex19 and JanR like this.
  16. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

It's everywhere tho. There's 2 types of summer, astrological and meteorological. Where I'm from we primarily use the astrological summer.

17. Captain Barracuda

It's not about impatience, it's about being told something and then being told something else. I'm super patient with Kunos, they do great work and I agree that good things take time. It is ok for users to hold devs to some account regarding timelines though, or else the software industry would be even more out of control with missed dates, early access failures etc.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  18. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

I have a question.

Yesterday I was racing online on my server and I was lots of fun. I had quite a few races. I think 10 or so. 4 races were full to the brim with 22+ drivers and a few were quite empty with 5-12 people. But still it was mostly really fun. But what caught my eye was, that a friend of mine, who played the game for almost the first time, got a red starting number with AM stickers all over it, whilst me and experienced friends got a white number and PRO. So far so good, but why were there people with grey numbers and SILVER written on the car? Isn't that a completely different thing?

19. ignission

ignission Simracer

That represents the Pro Am class.

PaulPunkGTX likes this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It must be that time of the month.. Only one way to calm the nerves.. Release beta 1.0.8.. :p:D