1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what is it all about ? I dont understand.

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I just wonder what the long term health effects will be having one of those devices strapped to your head daily for 10+ years...? No that starring at a giant screen 20 inches from your head hour after hour is much better...

3. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Ten years of VR on your head might do this-
    [​IMG]

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Like with every new thing we won’t know for a long time. I try to keep it cool and wear a cotton carting balaclava so it doesn’t sit direct on the skin as I find that can irritate a bit in long sessions. Other headsets that don’t put as much if any pressure would help there I’d say. As far as the screens, I work in IT so the VR is the least of my issues there

LeiF and Coanda like this.
  5. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

It’s when ACC was in the infant stages before early access and his team was getting things done with a new engine, series etc. He was excited and emotional.

6. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I imagine that VR will be the future but it isn’t yet, not for me at least. I did buy a cheap one to experiment with and didn’t really get in with it. When it works it’s quite impressive - but it’s fiddly, hot, low-res, has SDE, and in the case of my headset, a rather small sweet spot. I do much prefer my 49” ultra wide which just works.

Unlike one of the earlier posts, I have zero issues with AA, ghosting or blurriness but I’m sorry to hear that that’s an issue for some.

Coanda likes this.
  7. Carbo-OZ

Carbo-OZ Racer

You can't really try a "cheap" vr headset and then claim it's not ready. Everyone obviously is entitled to their own opinion but a lower end WMR headset is NOT going to show you what's possible with VR. Also the new line of headsets"next gen, more like v1.5" have made fairly substansial jumps in some areas particularly with perceived definition and improved optics. The Rift S provides an excellent experience for not a huge outlay, or if you want to push the boat out, the Index will give you similar definition to the S, a slightly larger FOV and a more premium finish. You just have to ask yourself if that extra 10% is worth double the price.

Son and Pulley like this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I wonder if the panel type has something to do with it...? Very soon I will have my rig back up and running and for a while and I will down grade to a rather laggy 60hz 42" HDTV. I just wonder how it will perform compared to what I am using now.

I'm waiting out for a 49" 32:9 1440p @ 120hz to see the reviews however they are extremely expensive and I am not sure my 1080 ti will hit 60 FPS.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

If that's the case I would recommend snugly strapping one on for 1-2 hours per day around the waist for maximum enlargement results.. hmmm you just gave me a new business idea.. :eek:o_O:p:D

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Curious... Does blancpain GT3 permit the use of hand clutches like F1?

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Oh dear...if I had a penny for every blatant generalization of a self-proclaimed community spokesperson :rolleyes:

I had triples for AC and I loved them. There's no denying that it's an awesome way of gaming. I also used them for World of Tanks and boy, was that fun! Diving into the game with huge FOV while not having to pay a fortune for HW or having to accept poor resolution.

But then I moved appartments and although I could have made it happen, I didn't want to install triples again and went for a 24" 21:9 single screen. I'm perfectly happy with this installation - it's compatibel with almost any software or game, the FOV is good, HW requirements are moderate.
    So count me as one exception from your "rule".

If someone is a proper sim racing enthusiast, they will enjoy a title even on "lesser" hardware than what they would consider optimum. It's much like audiophiles that can only "enjoy" a song on a 20 k € Stereo and turn away from lesser systems in disgust.
    In both cases, those people have lost their passion for the content but only care about the package it comes in. They have lost the ability to dive into the music/game and turned bitter.

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

True. I'm back on a single 27" and GPAD and still loving it.. :cool:

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

Please accept with thanks :D:D:D

Turk likes this.
  14. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Some of the cars, like the Lambos and Audis, do have hand clutches or even automatic ones, so I'd say yes.
    Also, as this series has rolling starts, the clutch type does not play that much of a role as in F1 for example.

Coanda likes this.
  15. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

I drove in VR with every setting on Ultra on accident and didn't notice that it was running at like 35fps at best for like 10 minutes. WMR Reprojection deserves more credit than it is given.

16. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I think, the McLaren has one.

Coanda likes this.
  17. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

The new Porsche as well.

Coanda likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

True. I have one of these coming in the mail so I was thinking what is the most authentic way to launch from the pit or catch a spin...

[​IMG]

19. WallyM

WallyM Alien

What the hell are you talking about? Clean your glasses man, you're seeing words that aren't on the page.

20. Metzger

Metzger Racer

For your eyes specifically, due to the lenses used there is no difference using VR or watching a flat screen around 70cm away. I the near future VR will be much better for the eyes, as major VR vendors (as far as I know oculus at least) are developing variable focus lenses, lenses will move back and forth(similar to how photocamera focus works) based on where your eyes are focused so to make your eyes ciliary muscle actually move and adjust your focus, this is because one of the main issues on looking at the pancake now is cause it's flat, and too close, the mentioned muscle has to be non stop under stress to keep your focus so close which makes it weaker with time(the reason why old people need glasses as they can't focus on close objects, for people working in front of screens this appears sooner due to the mentioned reason). With the correct lens, you can simulate an object is very far by modifying the light source(like if you look trough the opposite site of a binocular) so the ciliary muscle relax when looking in virtual distance.
    Another problem in watching the pancake is blinking, people tend to forget to blink so the eye dries, but this is not only in pancake but also when you do something and you are so focused that you forget to blink. I believe this will be better in VR as VR feels generally more natural than the flat screen.

And I am still amazed why people keep saying ACC is bad optimized or not working well in VR ?!? This is pure nonsense, playing a lot DCS world I d say that ACC performance is way better, yes you need top end PC but this is the case with any other advanced game which is not strictly designed for VR, it is simply the number of pixels you are trying to push is way more, so more power is needed, no magic coding is possible to overcome this. Yes, it doesn't run as good as iRacing or AC1 but the visuals are much better so it is to be expected to be more resource hungry.

With some engine.ini tweaks, it works flowlessly in VR for me with very acceptable graphic settings.

Rolz, tjr and Coanda like this.