1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC content

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by TheBoss, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Turk

Turk Alien

While all that would be great we have to bare in mind what's actually possible for a small Italian company. Travelling all over the world to multiple locations is probably out. Maybe there are local companies that could acquire the data for them, I don't know.

I do agree with everything you say, more tracks would be better, but for smaller companies they have to be really intelligent and realistic about how they spend their money. If they don't get that money back it could ruin them.

I've experienced this kind of thing in my own business at trade shows. A person comes up and starts suggesting all kinds of upgrades and improvements to the product and while they may be correct they don't realise how much work those changes involve, how much those different parts cost and how difficult they'll be to put into production. If I put all those things that person wanted into the product they would just turn their nose up at it and say it's too expensive.

We have to appreciate that the people at Kunos have had all these discussion, they've costed out the possibilities and picked goals that they think they can achieve within their budget. That's what businesses do. They aren't holding back, they aren't trying to do a bait and switch, I'd guarantee that at times they had a sinking feeling as they had to abandon something they really wanted to do because it would be too costly and they had to stick to budget. Luckily in the software business they have the opportunity to fix problems after the fact. In a manufacturing business if you find a fault after the fact your just ****ed and no one will give you the benefit of the doubt.

People won't pay for the product they want, what they want is too expensive, so you have to be careful trying to meet their demands because they will leave you high and dry when it comes time to purchase.

JanR, Freddie Seng and sps_for_race like this.
  2. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

The only thing that make me sad is about the custom skins limitations.
    Maybe some U4 guru can came with a solution.
    For leagues it's a absolute no go, what make sad again.:D

popo87 likes this.
  3. jt7166

jt7166 Rookie

While I won't say most, a lot of circuits have been getting their own laser scans done every year or two, they can then sell them to race teams (for driver in the loop sims) or to studios. I would imagine if they can purchase a scan of the track a scouting trip or two would still be needed, but you aren't sending an entire studio. And I doubt that Kunos has their own scanning tools so they would most likely hire an American company to scan Laguna Seca for example.
    Either way it is expensive, but that's the precedent ACC has set. I can't imagine a great reaction if they released a DLC with non laser scanned tracks at this point, so if they are going to add new tracks, they'll figure out how to offset that cost. I can't imagine they are done adding tracks

Turk likes this.
  4. Psit

Psit Alien

Some of us are still recovering from the uproar the news that Zandvoort wasnt laserscanned in AC caused. :p
    In the end, the track was awesome.

jt7166 likes this.
  5. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

]
    Proof that health care is too expensive, lol.

MTv likes this.
  6. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

I think you missed his point. By quite a lot, lol.

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

If you say so. *shrug*

8. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

So in Marco's interview he mentioned 7 new cars for the 2019 update.....

If I'm correct, we have 1) Audi, 2) Lambo, 3) NSX, 4) Porsche, 5) Aston Martin

The 6th I'm assuming will be the Porsche Cup 1969 Tribute, so what's the 7th car? Could it really be the McLaren 720S or am I missing any other car?

I don't think there's any indication that it will participate in Barcelona but what other car could it be? Also considering traces of it have been found in ACC files.

Could that be the surprise they talked about months ago? We'll get a car that's not in the calendar? I can only hope :oops:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  9. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

As a Canadian living close to Mosport aka Canadian tire Motorsports park. I would love a laser scanned version of it if they did the America’s series. I loved the AC version of the track.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Not sure, but there was a 720s driving on the test day of Paul Ricard. Fingers crossed :)

fsuarez79 likes this.
  11. when last year ended, I read that porsche, honda, mclaren, lambo, audi and aston had to deliver new cars.
    There is the new bettle porsche cup, but it could be the mclaren. Anyway the mcl is a new car, if acc lasts for years, we will enjoy it!

fsuarez79 likes this.
  12. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Custom skins limitations TM. Please Kunos, at least reserve a little spot for teams stickers.

13. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I don´t think it can be fully custom logos / stickers, as you could put any content (racist, sexist, political, etc.) there next to an officially sanctioned sponsor. It could only work with some approval process, but who should do that?

Pandora, sps_for_race and Son like this.
  14. then any editor out there? At least text could be implemented, so that I can put my team name on the car.

It is not like that anyway. If we start not implement things for potential risk of racism, sexism, terrorism and all, we will be limited in our freedom.
    When you find something like that, it is up to you to report it to the right authority to arrest/(other terms, im not english) them.
    And when you find it, you have the duty to report it.
    Otherwise...people will start saying:
    -you can't **** because you damage the ecosystem
    -you can't write "yo" on your car because...
    -you can't put this logo because...
    That's not the way.

And that's not the reason in this case.
    The reasons why they cannot make a huge editor are: licensing and time. For me time plays the biggest part.

Perell0ne likes this.
  15. DiRTyDRiVER

DiRTyDRiVER Hardcore Simmer

We server administrators have the power that such a crap is not seen. Just do not enter in the Entrylist.

popo87, Perell0ne and Salvatore Amato like this.
  16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

First point, as far as I know for the moment official servers don't allow custom skins, but if future brings it that small spot for personal logo sticker or what ever, it could be block by server side.
    What came to private servers is always it's admin. responsability.

Second point, the approval process had cross my mind, but I am almost shure that it will mean more work to Kunos.

Anyway ACC for me is the very best, but I am afraid that more profissional leagues go away just because of that.

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Kunos has said in the past that track licences are very expensive, especially iconic places like Suzuka and Bathurst. For AC to include Suzuka Honda wanted crazy money, according to Marco. He suggested that scanning a venue really wasn’t that expensive, licensing however... Then there’s the man hours, making tracks to ACC standards is a lot of work especially for a small team, most of the ACC tracks had already appeared in AC however so they had a head start.

I’ve no idea what bearing having a series licence would have on the situation. I’d be surprised if we see a DLC with multiple scanned tracks unless sales of ACC go totally crazy, which seems unlikely.

18. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Marco already hinted that they have plans of new content for next year. What else could it be than additional SRO series like Blancpain America/Asia and therefore new tracks? Any way you want to look at it, they'll need to add new tracks.

I've also heard that Suzuka's license is very expensive and Blancpain Asia also has GT4's, that's why for me the obvious choice is Blancpain America. No need of new cars, only 6 tracks and better exposure of ACC to the North American market.

With all current tracks being laser scanned, there's no way they'll release a bunch of new tracks with lower standards imo.

warth0g, LATE4APEX and EsxPaul like this.
  19. are you sure?
    Zokder, hungaroring, Misano, Paul Ricard,
    next year the world challenge won't be just a rebrand, if I remember the sro press.
    Which means in 2020 there will be a gt3 only world championship.
    I just finished to watch a thriller cop movie. My investigation senses are at their top now.
    I think I solved the case.

20. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Beverly Hills Cop? :p

Salvatore Amato likes this.