1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Unreal

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by el_goe, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I find setting r.Shadow.DistanceScale=10.0 in the engine.ini helped eleviate some of the tunnel shadows on the gaurd rails and pit buildings. It also helped with T3 at Barcelona. There is also no performance hit that I can see.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    cooknn and LeDude83 like this.
  2. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

As long you can work your own new engine and keeping releasing new content on the current one, it's all right with me.:D

alex bonner and warth0g like this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Wouldnt the lower LOD also effect ray traced shadows as they would work with the less detailed objects to cast shadows. If you simplify geometry of distant objects wouldnt it have much the same negative effect on distant shadows?

m_box97 likes this.
  4. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

It's not so much post release price drops when street price kicks in that I'm referring to, it's more the overall pricing structure of new products. A good example of what I mean would be the GTX 970 vs 1070. In Australia (AUD) I bought a GTX 970 on launch day for $489 (other x70 cards had also previously sat at a price point similar to this), the GTX 1070 launched at ~ $779 - huge price point jump and the cheapest RTX 2070 supers are starting from around $850. Similarly I bought a GTX 1080 at launch for $1139, 9 months later the 1080 Ti came out at the same price. 20 series have been out for over 12 months and the Ti still starts at around $1700 (it was over $2k at launch here so yeah it dropped, but not to the previous price tier). It may not be happening to the same extent in Europe or US, but in Australia products are definitely getting more expensive each generation.

5. Captain Barracuda

Maybe a disable 3d trees option in video settings would allow people who are super bothered by the trees to fix it, it would just result in the trees looking like most other sims and people would stop complaining about them.

Personally I don't care, if I'm focused on the tree shadows I'm not paying enough attention to the on track action ;)

SylverFyre, WallyM, bondyboy and 3 others like this.
  6. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Well anything popping in your face, except for the flasher of the guy behind you in your rear mirror, is an unwanted distraction, so I second that idea. Popping trees are worse than ugly trees, imho.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

NVIDIA GPUs have become more expensive, indeed, starting with the 10 series. I don't know how much of this came from NVIDIA/AMD and how much came from the mining boom. But either way - the prices seem to have stuck on a level higher than pre-10 series. I wish they were cheaper.

But I can see that a lot of good tech has been created by AMD and NVIDIA - I already mentioned FreeSync (or "GSync compatible" for NVIDIA). Then, there's the new PP filtering (NVIVIA FreeStyle and AMD ???) with - seemingly - good effect and little FPS cost. Very nice as well is AMD Anti Lag and the corresponding NVIDIA function. At least AMDs function was tested and it works very well. So you don't need high FPS, anymore, looking for reduced lag.

But yeah...it's basically right what you say about GPU (starting) prices.

esox71 likes this.
  8. Captain Barracuda

Certainly not arguing with the new feature sets. Currently my racing rig has a freesync monitor, however it is based in a different room to my PC so I'm running a 15m active HDMI to it, waiting in anticipation for Nvidia to support freesync over HDMI however apparently this is a proprietary AMD technology so I might be out of luck there.

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

As far as I know it is only supported over DP. Curious will it work over Cat 6/7 with a DP link/convertor?

10. Captain Barracuda

Yeah there's definitely ways to do it over display port. At the time I went for the cheaper option back before the freesync feature of the monitor was interesting to me.

11. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

Regardless of whether Kunos knows what is best for them, proprietary or EU graphics engine, I express my thoughts.
    As I have read in several posts I also believe that if Kunos should design the engine he would have an immense workload compared to ACC, moreover I agree that it is better that they concentrate on everything else having an engine ready.
    Some things must be said though.
    I've read that VR and triple monitors are a niche, true, but you can't ignore them also because VR is the future or part of the future of SIMs.
    Here, however, I also believe that Epic must do its part (probably doing it) and improve its support for these two technologies.
    In the 4.23 release, is there anything new about this?

Having said that it must be recognized that the graphic quality is wonderful, last night I was on a server, at Paul Ricard qualifying by day, the night race, well guys what to say .. show!
    The Kunos will surely have had so much experience on the EU, maybe now it's easier for them to work on it.

In conclusion, I hope that ACC (which is the best SIM) is still supported for a long time, and as someone said, Kunos could finance itself by launching some paid DLCs .. then the future will be seen hopefully that ACC will have long life! And always support for Kunos!

PS. accept my english, sorry guys

SylverFyre, Adastros, warth0g and 4 others like this.
  12. chakko

chakko Alien

Kunos should do what they feel is the best for future development. I think they can much better judge this anyway.

13. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Hasn't that bitcoinhype a huge impact on gpu prices, or have till now?

tjr likes this.
  14. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, I thought that was a factor as well.

15. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Technically, not any more. Cryptocurrency prices peaked last year and have generally been much lower since. GPU prices should be close to where they ought to be by now but that's not to say that manufacturers and resellers aren't still milking the market as a result of last year's inflated prices.

16. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Milking the market...sometimes I feel like a cow, really

GCCRacer and Coanda like this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Popping trees don't bother me so much. Clouds do a little however even then im not cursing under my breath. When a mass of clouds ubruptly transition in on a beight clear sky it looks a little strange.. That said a stormy overcast day looks magical in ACC.

18. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

The future will be difficult.
    In another sim at the same time there were 2167 players

[​IMG]

19. Captain Barracuda

It really depends what time you jump on. Currently it's ~10:30pm in Europe and it's much higher. Generally around 8pm European time is when there's the most players. Not sure which region you're in though and whether the pings to European servers will be too high for you. Hopefully the game expands with DLCs of other regions to increase popularity in different timezones.

Quickjoin.jpg

sps_for_race and Coanda like this.
  20. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

Europe in the morning, as I said in another sim at the same time 2167 players

Now a Friday night 245 players, a very low number.

You don't do anything Kunos?