1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Aero. I believe I can fly…

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 8, 2018.

1. 775kg (average of what you quoted) @ 250kph = ~2.6Cl. Chris mentioned a very similar Cl (2.7) though did underestimate the subsequent force as pointed out in the post immediately after that it would be closer to 500kg at the speeds Chris mentioned.

Marceline likes this.
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Insects are awesome:D

4. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

I've one question.
    Does the aero effects the cars all the time, or as in other Sims only at 130kph and higher?
    Mid to high-speed?
    Or in low speed corners like Monza T1?

5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I don't think there are sims that have the aero influence only at 130kph or higher.
    In any way ACC is influenced by aero all the time continuously and not even in linear way everytime. The equations are linear but some cars and some aero features have different influence depending on speed.

Tim Meuris and mrk1001 like this.
  6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Hello guys,
    I want want to ask whether what i'm saying is true or not.

• going through eau rouge i feel like cars like audi are bottoming out,so i increased rear ride height by 1mm and stiffen rear arb to avoid rear body roll and keep diffuser stable.Is this logical or correct to stiff rear ARB to maintain diffuser downforce?

7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

ARBS do not engage on full vertical motion, only on roll. I would go in that order:
    1. higher wheel rate
    2. stiffer slow bump dampers
    3. higher ride height
    4. less bumpstop window and stiffer bumpstops
    5. ARBS (maybe)

8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Nice thanks for info,i never felt such thrill in previous version by going through eau rouge but now idk why it is not as easy as before especially in Audi.

9. Marceline

Marceline Gamer

Is it normal that in aston's rear ride height has almost 0 influence in the front aero variation from 55 to 90 goes from 0.1 to 0.3
    And with max wing goes only up to -1.

10. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

The Aston has no rear diffuser so probably normal

11. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

@Aristotelis
    Sorry to bother but one i got another question so if possible please answer,

Is it better to gain same aero balance with the help of ride height adjustment so i can lower the wing while still keeping aero balance same as default setup or are there any disadvantages ?
    I know consequences of lowering height too much but currently i have discovered that i can achieve same aero balance with some little height adjustment WITHOUT bottoming out.
    What i think is that it is generally better to get most of required downforce by underbody because rear wing adds drag, am i wrong ?
    Does rear wing provide something extra that underbody downforce can't provide?

12. Generally, less rake means less downforce. Presumably you're lowering the rear of the car. This will make the front lose downforce (and the rear likely gain a bit), and while you can balance it out again, all you're doing is removing whatever gains had been made at the rear. Since the front still has lower downforce than before, you lose a bit overall.

In short, that kind of setup typically means less drag and downforce for a comparable L/D, but it depends heavily on the car and what part of the aeromap you're at.

13. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I'm testing it on porsche on zolder with aggressive setup.
    The aero balance is maintained if i raise the front by 1 click,reduce rear wing and finally i also lower the rear height by 1 click. So after these adjustment my aero balance is same as default nearly.

14. Sure, but that tells you nothing about overall downforce/drag/efficiency.

15. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Ofcourse but that is hardly my fault as that is all the info the game is telling me.
    It just shows aero variation and i found a way to attain same aero variation with very little changes i mentioned above.
    That is why i'm asking the question because currently i don't find anything strange ofcourse i could be missing something but i don't know what.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  16. I explained what you’re missing.

17. ACCNoob

ACCNoob Rookie

I've searched the FAQs and forums but I've not come up with the information, sorry is this is a repetition.

Whereabouts in the game should I be looking for the data which tells me the effect of the aero changes I am making? For example, I can go through the full range of ride height travel and all that changes on screen is the front aero variation. In this thread are posts about 1mm ride height making a big difference, but there doesn't appear to be anything telling me what that difference is, how to set the basic ride height, the effect of a setting change or even a starting point. There's nothing in the game in terms of tables of data with downforce/drag or similar. And I'm assuming every car has a specific model meaning it's a different optimal for each car.I've got a "safe" setup and an "aggressive" one, neither is ideal and both require optimisation. Given the number of variables (and then the different set-up modes and their interactivity) I'm assuming there is some help somewhere in terms of actual data and guides?

Hopefully I am missing something really obvious here please?

18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Data will never be made available since NDA between kunos and manufacturers
    We gotta to figure out good setup based on front aero variation (which only shows value on static flat plane condition) and driving.
    I personally never looked at that number,it doesn't tell anything.
    So what i do is go for couple of laps,return to garage make at MAX 2 click either front or rear depending on needs and go out to see the results...repeat until you neutralise car weakness
    Consistent laps will reveal the changes made to ride height WAY more clear than what front aero variation tells you.
    Simple logic is ->
    Raise the front you get understeer and vice versa
    Raise the rear and you get oversteer and vice versa.
    This is very simple explanation though but good enough for setup work.
    Most importantly check this channel of ACTUAL physics developer->>
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ArisDrives

19. ACCNoob

ACCNoob Rookie

WTF.

What about the actual ride height? Not the rake.

Thanks btw.

20. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I don't understand what you mean by that