1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

No.

Coanda likes this.
  2. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Yes, having a rtx2080, no Ti and wqhd triples and running around 60 fps.

User\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\menuSettings.json

"graphicOptions":
    {
    "resolution":
    {
    "x": 7790,
    "y": 1440
    },
    "useFullscreen": true,
    "mirrorQualityLevel": 1,
    "maxCarsVisible": 26,
    "isMBlurEnabled": 0,
    "motionBlurLevel": 1,
    "isAATemporal": true,
    "aACustom": 0,
    "colorSaturation": 1,
    "sharpen": 1.5999999046325684,
    "pixelDensity": 1,
    "isHDRActive": true,
    "mirrorDistance": 16000,
    "advancedSharpenFilter": false,
    "materialsQuality": 2,
    "temporalUpsampling": false,
    "volumetricFog": 0,
    "bloomLevel": 0.30000001192092896,
    "bloomQuality": 3,
    "mirrorsResolution": 1,
    "cameraDirtLevel": 3,
    "foliageLodQuality": 2,
    "whiteBalance": 9300,
    "carLODSet": 0,
    "hLODEnabled": true,
    "colorScheme": 1,
    "imageExposureGain": 0.39999997615814209,
    "imageContrast": 0.5,
    "gfxPreset": 4
    },
    "customGraphicOptions":
    {
    "resolutionQuality": 100,
    "viewDistanceQuality": 2,
    "antiAliasingQuality": 3,
    "shadowQuality": 3,
    "postProcessQuality": 3,
    "textureQuality": 3,
    "effectsQuality": 3,
    "foliageQuality": 1,
    "mirrorQualityLevel": 1,
    "maxCarsVisible": 26,
    "isAATemporal": true,
    "aACustom": 0,
    "pixelDensity": 1,
    "mirrorDistance": 16000,
    "advancedSharpenFilter": false,
    "materialsQuality": 2,
    "temporalUpsampling": false,
    "volumetricFog": 0,
    "bloomLevel": 0.30000001192092896,
    "bloomQuality": 3,
    "mirrorsResolution": 1,
    "foliageLodQuality": 2,
    "carLODSet": 0,
    "hLODEnabled": true

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Coanda likes this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@sps_for_race - bloody sweeeeet.. :cool:

Is the 60 FPS under opponent/ai/race start heavy load?

4. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Race start can go down to 54:

54fps
    20190913102436_1.jpg

54fps
    20190913102430_1.jpg

54fps
    20190913102427_1.jpg

57fps
    20190913102425_1.jpg

54fps
    20190913102359_1.jpg

Coanda likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@sps_for_race - thanks a lot for the screens and handy info. A dip of 54 FPS is ok, no dramas... hmmm got me thinking.. :confused:

sps_for_race likes this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Coanda likes this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

What are your guys thoughts on triple 21:9's?

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Unnecessary for me. Triple 24", standard 16:9 gives you a huge FOV. I don't know why you'd need more.

I'd prefer more vertical FOV. I thought about triples in "portrait" orientation. If you find screens with very slim frames, that could look pretty neat.

Coanda likes this.
  9. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Maybe it's my distance from the screen (90cm) but I find 24" triple does not give a huge horizontal FOV, I mean it's good but it doesn't get me the mirror on the passenger side, as I cant angle much in ACC (the point of this thread :) ). I'll probably go to 32" next time. However that will not be soon because it will be 3080ti (when it exists...) -> 3* 32" 1440p >100Hz.

I do agree with you about the vFOV a bit more of that would be good I dont have car dash ATM.

If I were buying at the moment I would probably go for 27".

Coanda likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Fair enough on the AR..

Personally I find 24" too small. 27" is nice however I really like the look of 30-32"..

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@sps_for_race - curious mate.. have you ever ran 1080p on your 1440p's?

sherpa25 likes this.
  12. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Just tested it:
    Normal resolution with bezel correction is 1440*7790.
    Switched down to 1080*5843 in Nvidia surround and in game didnĀ“t give me more fps at race start, just more blurriness.
    The limiting thing at race start seems to be the Ryzen 7 1800x 8-Core, not the RTX2080.

Coanda likes this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@sps_for_race - thanks for trying it out matey. Much appreciated.. :cool:

sps_for_race likes this.
  14. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Three 16:9 monitors in protrait is almost identical to a single 16:9.

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

This could be a very stupid question however i'll ask it anyway.. :oops::D

Is there any tools to benchmark your current hardware to simulate what loads and FPS you would recieve with having triples without actually having triples?

16. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer... I have no idea if you can do this, but could you set up a bespoke resolution profile in Nvidia control panel above and beyond your actual monitor's ability? I guess this might just supersample the image up to the one you want to test? Again, no idea if this is possible. Probably not.

17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Or, if the total number of pixels you'd want from triples is equal or less than 200% of the total pixle number your current monitor is capable of showing, would the resolution scale function in-game simulate the performance hit?

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@tjr - I have run custom resolutions up to 4K on my 1080p. It does hurt the performance however I am not sure if it would be exactly the same if I was running an actual 4K monitor.

19. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I have a 4k monitor. I can try and test to see if supersampling a 1080p resolution is approximate to running at native 4k when I get a moment. Likely not until this evening (UK time) though.

I'd be surprised if someone else hasn't already tested this at some point too.

Coanda likes this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@tjr - no stress if you can't be a$$ed..:) I'll do some research..