1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Goes To 11

Goes To 11 Gamer

This is awesome. I can't wait for more tutorials. Does anyone have links to other tutorials that would be helpful? The linked playlist earlier in the thread appears to be dead.

I'm trying to get back into sim racing and I am still way off the pace and not sure what I am doing wrong. Does anyone have a Motec file that they could share with me? Maybe for one of the current events like the Bentley at Spa? I've noticed that similar requests have gone unanswered but thought I would give it a shot anyway. I believe that I used to use iSpeed in iRacing which had uploaded laps which were great for getting faster.

2. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

3. Metzger

Metzger Racer

+1

Perell0ne likes this.
  4. dogryan100

dogryan100 Gamer

Hey guys, been having some pretty annoying problems, I just can't seem to get it to load the actual data. It recognizes the amount of laps in the data so that part works but the rest is just blank, out of ideas as to what to do...

[​IMG]

5. dogryan100

dogryan100 Gamer

Ignore above, fixed it, just didn't know that I needed to open MoTeC with the ACC Workplace.

6. Borbor

Borbor Racer

7. Leprekaun

Leprekaun Rookie

Hey guys,

I have been struggling to understand the relationship of the histogram percentages and the softness/stiffness of the damper settings itself.

I have done two runs at Nurburgring in the Porsche. I have only changed the front slow dampers in each run, everything else is untouched

So this was my first run with Bump at 9 and Rebound at 0
    Lo Rebound%: 38.2 - 40 / Lo Bump%: 30.8 - 31.9
    [​IMG]

And this run is with Bump 0 and Rebound 9:
    Rebound Lo%: 32.2 - 34.2 / Bump Lo%: 34.2 - 35.5
    [​IMG]

So what is confusing me is the Lo percentages. My thinking is that if a damper is stiffer, the total amount of time spent in it would increase? And vice versa?

8. Goes To 11

Goes To 11 Gamer

Here is a file from Hungaroring. Any tips on how to analyze it to go faster? Thanks.

Attached Files:

9. Jamaica

Jamaica Rookie

I learned a lot about the suspension histogram thanks to you.
    However, I wonder if the anti-roll bars have an influence on it, should the anti-roll bars be disconnected?

(sorry for mi English, I use Google translate)

10. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

If the logging rate for the suspension travel is still 20 Hz as it was early on, you are not going to get anything useful out of that for the dampers

Leprekaun likes this.
  11. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

To study the work of the suspensions well we need the frequency at 100 Hz and not at 20 Hz

@Aristotelis how do you change the sample rate?

macbethmotorsport and Leprekaun like this.
  12. BurntToast

BurntToast Rookie

I've not had chance to browse through the entire thread, but has anyone shared files for particularly quick laps on any circuits? Would be interesting to see how I compare and where I'm most likely losing loads of time.

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Unfortunately the damper histograms are wrong. Motec by default does not allow the ability to put two crossover/knee speeds for dampers. A damper used in a GT3 race car could have different speeds for bump compared to rebound. If anyone has managed to sort this issue out through custom math channels so that the correct histogram can be displayed on one chart please feel free to share your wisdom as it would be greatly appreciated by myself and I am sure some others playing around with Motec. The second issue you also have is you do not know the correct crossover/knee speeds per race vehicle. The default Hi/Lo speed boundary (crossover/knee speeds) you find on a damper histogram in Motec will not be correct and will not align with the real damper values.

Georg Siebert and Leprekaun like this.
  14. Spif

Spif Rookie

Would you mind opening up the theory regarding separate crossover points a bit more, because I thought the damper speed areas are mainly just describing the areas where the damper input is coming from. I.e. Low speed represents chassis movement and High speed represents input from the track like bumps, compressions, kerbs. Based on this definition the crossover speed should be the same for both rebound and bump no matter what is the used damper technology.

Hopefully the logging rate could be configured in the future as now it's not the most useful data with 20 Hz logging rate.

15. Borbor

Borbor Racer

No. You can move the speed at which the damper transitions from low to high separately in bump and rebound.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Coanda likes this.
  16. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

I've been thinking about your statement and I think you need to disociate how the damper is setup (adjusting the LS/HS crossover knee), and how you analyse dampers in telemetry.
    Yes damper setup is often assymetrical but I don't think you always can adjust the knee on all 4 ways dampers anyway.
    When you look at the damper histogram you're looking at the time spent in a region (LS/HS) and see the shape of the histogram and what you want to achieve is an as symetrical as possible curve, so we look at a skew and try to fix it.
    Of course it might be easier to get separate bump and rebound LS/HS crossover speeds, but how hard that would be to manage especially when you change cars, differrent dampers means new speeds to be adjusted in the workbook... and you need the actual value per damper...

17. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Does anyone else have the issue where duplicate motec files are created for each session?

Today I did a test at Paul Richard (set the Telemetry in setup to 30 laps) and did the following:
    1. Pressed drive from pit and did 5 laps
    2. Came into pits
    3. Selected "Return to Garage" from Pit box
    4. Pressed Drive and did 6 more laps
    5. Came into pits again
    6. Selected "Return to Garage" from Pit box
    7. Exited the practice session and went back to main menu of game
    As a result of the above when I checked in MoTeC I had 4 telemetry files written.... 2 for the first session of 5 laps (which were duplicates of each other), 2 for the second session of 6 laps (which were duplicates of each other).

The files for the second session had all of the data for the first session as well as that for the laps in the second session.

Does anyone else have this issue? If not, does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening?

I'm on version 1.0.10 btw, but it has been happening for a while on other earlier versions as well.

Thanks,
    Brad

18. Is it possible to enable logging by default, so all laps are logged?

19. McGraw

McGraw Racer

This happens to me too. Do you get sector times? I just get a total time for all the laps added together.

I really want sector times!

20. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Thanks for letting me know.

When the files are generated, they have the total time initially listed in the open file dialog box, however as soon as I open them for the first time it then shows the best lap and all individual laps are in the data file separately as expected.

If you mean Section times in MoTeC, you can get that working by going into Properties on the "Section Times" tab, then changing the settings to:
    • Report On : Selected Laps
    • Range Group : Outings:Laps:Track Sections: default
    Hope that helps!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Thom@s likes this.