1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Sorry, I don't understand.

2. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Does this help?

upload_2019-9-14_19-47-29.png

Seven Smiles, sps_for_race and tjr like this.
  3. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I think he means both will give a 'screen' that is roughly 1.7 times as wide as it is tall.

3no. portrait 16:9's will be larger though, so you'd be able to have a higher FOV all else being equal.

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Three 24" screens would be about the same size as a 40" TV.

5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

And there are 65" Free- and G-sync TV on the market, so no need for triples in portrait position.

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I can get 3*FreeSync 24" FHDs for roughly 400 €. How much is that TV?

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes. I understand you mean that it's roughly the same aspect ratio. But you said it's "the same" and that's wrong. It's way larger of course so...larger FOV.

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Curious.. Providing you can get them to line up can you run a 21:9 centre monitor with 2 x 16:9 side monitors?

9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Don't see why not. As long as the vertical dimension of the monitors is the same. ACC is only projecting one long image across all three monitors.

Coanda likes this.
  10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

triple 24" in portrait is like a 52" screen, without any frames in sight, let me say, this triple setup idea doesn´t make sense at all.

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I'll keep asking odd questions.. :D

I genuinely am curious.. Can you run 1440p centre 1080p sides?

12. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You maybe find screens wich fit perfectly in that way mounting, but I don´t know if every natively triple screen supporting game could handle that unusual style of setup.

Edit: AC wouldn´t, you choose once the screen width for one screen, valid for all 3 screens.

tripl.JPG
    Picture taken from the internet, not my personal settings.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Coanda likes this.
  13. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I said it's 'almost identical'. If you don't think that's the case, please demonstrate how.

More like 42", but otherwise I totally agree.

sps_for_race likes this.
  14. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Wouldn't think so. It would all have to be 1080p.
    You could use resolution scale though to bring the central screen up to a fake native.

Edit: but it feels like you may as well just run 3no. 1080 screens then, unless one 1440 monitor is useful for other tasks for you.

Coanda likes this.
  15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

The size inkl. frames of those triples would take space almost like 52" in the room, pure screen size would be more like 42", right.

Example:
    ASUS PG258Q ROG SWIFT 24,5"
    As triple in portrait: w: 1152 mm h: 564 mm

Edit, got wrong data, wide is only 990.

So yeah, somewhere between 42 an 46"

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

That did cross my mind. I am not sure which way I'll go yet.. Hopefully I can hold out another 12 months and see what the next gen GPU's bring. I am more just thinking out load and crosschecking every angle to see what is possible in the world of triples. I do like the sound of the new 49" 32:9 1440p however its pricey and hard to get where I live. That said 3 x 32" 1440p's are not cheap either however the extra FOV is really nice. I have never owned a 1440p monitor before. I think it must be a really nice sweet spot for gaming.

Thank you guys for all your help. :cool:

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, yes - but you never mentioned aspect ratio in your initial post on this. So it looked like you think that those 2 setups are generally "almost identical". Since I referred to vertical FOV in the post you quoted, that was very confusing. Triples like I described give you a lot of additional VFOV. Screen height would be ~50 cm, which is more than I have right now.

18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

19. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, having a 4k monitor is great, and running stuff at that resolution can look very good, but it's such a massive FPS hit that I just just can't realistically run it on my rig. I think that the jump from 1080 to 1440 makes a big difference, but going to 4k isn't as big a visual jump for me. The extra pixle density is lost at a certain distance, for me.
    I run ACC at 1440p and it looks sublime on a single, lowly 28" monitor. I'd be very tempted to get triples if I thought I could realistically push that many pixles, but I know I'd really struggle ATM. A 1440p ultra-wide would be nice, but very expensive, and narrower FOV.

Coanda likes this.
  20. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

But the graphics load that 3 x 1440p monitors would put on your system is enormous. A 32:9 1440p monitor has 7,372,800‬ pixels. 3 x 1440p monitors have a total of 11,059,200 pixels - considerably more than a even a 4k monitor (7,516,800).