1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS ACC Shared Memory Documentation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Fernando Barbarossa, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Fernando Barbarossa

Fernando Barbarossa KS Dev Team

You can refer to the attached ACC shared memory documentation for your apps, motion rigs and FFB wheels. Please keep in mind that new channels can be added in the future and I’ll use this post to keep you updated.
    I have added a sample project to get started with ACC shared memory.
    A special thanks goes to Ensi Ferrum for his work on the documentation.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    uff_, Ela Six, Sebuku and 33 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Differentiate AC and ACC Shared Memory With Different Naming. Jan 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Shared Memory: AC version still reports 1.7 Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Shared Memory Example Apr 23, 2020
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Shared Memory or UDP Reference for ACC ? Sep 13, 2018
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports ACC Restrictor parameter Feb 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Time Trial Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC me funciona mal Jan 17, 2024

3. positron

positron Rookie

Thanks for the documentation. I have two questions
    1. Currently (version 1.0.7) I always read the value 2 for the session status and -1 for the session type. Are theses fields updated in the shared memory region?
    2. Can you add a field to indicated which session of an event is currently active?
      I'm implementing a small tool to collect lap times and try to associate those laps with the correct session and event I read from the seasonEntity.json. The way I currently detect a session change via the sessionTimeLeft field works but I cannot distinguish between a session changed in e.g. a sprint weekend and a session restart.

4. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Wooohoo thanks guys!

5. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Is there a basic entry point project like the one that was available at some point for AC?

6. Jan Balke

Jan Balke Rookie

Hey Guys, i have problems getting the clutch value... evertything up to brakeTemp works, but clutch is always 0.0. can anyone help?

7. thecures

thecures Gamer

where do I insert the files? sorry for shxt english

8. bgt_dept01

bgt_dept01 Rookie

How can I resolve the problem that reading/writing concurrently?
    Is there a mutex object or something way to protect the shared memory?

9. It seems that after you exit the sim, the shared memory does not update to say the sim has exited. It is staying on AC_LIVE.

10. It also looks like the graphics AC_STATUS is always -1.

11. Another observation - it seems there are variables that stay at zero, like camber, ait/track temps, etc. Are these supposed to report values?

12. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

Following variables are not used in ACC and therefore will not send any data:

SPageFilePhysics:

float wheelLoad[4]
    float tyreWear[4]
    float tyreDirtyLevel[4]
    float camberRAD[4]
    float drs
    float cgHeight
    int numberOfTyresOut
    float kersCharge
    float kersInput
    float rideHeight[2]
    float ballast
    float airDensity
    float performanceMeter
    int engineBrake
    int ersRecoveryLevel
    int ersPowerLevel
    int ersHeatCharging
    int ersIsCharging
    float kersCurrentKJ
    int drsAvailable
    int drsEnabled
    float tyreTempI[4]
    float tyreTempM[4]
    float tyreTempO[4]
    int P2PActivation
    int P2PStatus
    float currentMaxRpm
    float mz[4]
    float fx[4]
    float fy[4]
    float slipRatio[4]
    float slipAngle[4]
    int tcinAction
    int absInAction
    float tyreTemp[4]

SPageFileGraphic

float replayTimeMultiplier

SPageFileStatic

float maxTorque
    float maxPower
    float suspensionMaxTravel[4]
    float tyreRadius[4]
    float maxTurboBoost
    float deprecated_1
    float deprecated_2
    int hasDRS
    int hasERS
    int hasKERS
    float kersMaxJ
    int engineBrakeSettingsCount
    int ersPowerControllerCount
    float trackSplineLength
    wchar_t trackConfiguration
    float ersMaxJ
    int isTimedRace
    int hasExtraLap
    wchar_t carSkin[33]
    int reversedGridPositions

13. Crt_Jokinnen

Crt_Jokinnen Racer

Is this useful for the multiplayer?
    It allows a more realistic configuration of the rooms in the dedicated servers?
    Forgive my inexperienced experience in programming, but I do not understand what to do with these folders or where to enter them or if I get any configuration expansion on my online competition server.

14. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

The shared memory is mainly to show information in 3rd party apps (SimHub e.g.).

15. bgt_dept01

bgt_dept01 Rookie

Hello,
    I noticed that you mentioned that shared memory is mainly to show information.
    What my question is that is it suited to apply on a motion platform like 6dof?
    Or did you provide another mechanism to send out telemetry data like UDP?
    Thanks.

16. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

Have a look at the documentation and you will find your answer.
    Short answer: It is suited to apply on a 6 dof motion plattform.

17. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Just to clarify, there's no Game data out there that hooks directly to a Motion Rig.....Motion software still needs to crunch the 6d0f "math" so if anything the more udp data makes the Motion software's job that much easier.

18. Will there be an update to Shared Memory that fixes some of the issues with the current version? For example it never tells you if the sim exited.

And is it possible to get information on the other car in the session?

19. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

Can you be more precisse? What issues do you mean, except the known fact that the SM did not tell when the sim has exited in V1.0.10?
    What information you want to know from other cars?
    From the documentation, SPageFileGrraphic:
    upload_2019-10-17_19-21-1.png

More info about the other cars / drivers can be found in the UDP Remote Client, a simple SDK is located under SteamApps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\sdk\broadcasting\Sources

20. This is the main one. Is this going to be fixed? (Or has it been fixed)?

21. Thanks for this - perhaps that is what we are looking for. :)

Ensi Ferrum likes this.