1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. C@rbone

C@rbone Rookie

actually we can use the name you're right, besides we do it for rfactor 2,
    but it's much less reliable than the steam ID and as it should be present,
    it would be a good thing for our leagues if Kunos quickly fixes this problem ;)

ChrisRacki likes this.
  2. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

How do we enable full formation lap on private servers
    In the handbook its under settings as "shortFormationLap": 0,
    I assumed 0 meant short, and 1 was long (Didnt work), but it does not specify what value is long in the comment.

3. Mudguts

Mudguts Rookie

1 = on, 0 = off
    So you want 0

Echo_29 likes this.
  4. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

Am i the only one who's getting this? Not sure if it started with v1.0.8 which came out today, but i can't seem to join my own LAN server. :c
    https://i.imgur.com/bQewZli.png

5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

suggest updating ur server to the latest version :)

martcerv likes this.
  6. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

Didn't know there was separate version control for the server. Can you point me in the direction of any instructions on how to update server? I read through most of the master PDF before posting here, and couldn't find any mention of how to update, or even an indication that it isn't getting automatically updated by Steam version control for ACC.

7. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

Can you post a link to the version 253 server update/download?

8. cestcomi

cestcomi Racer

The "accServer.exe" file is in your game directory (...\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\server).

9. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

I know where it is, that's how i've been starting the server. Is there a way for it to be manually updated?

10. HemiR

HemiR Gamer

I deleted it , and verified game files to get it working .. back up your configs first

11. HemiR

HemiR Gamer

@Minolin
    when setting up a driver swap entrylist, and using "isServerAdmin" it makes all team members in that team admins.. is there a way to only promote one driver in the team to server admin ? or have I missed something?.

cheers

DiRTyDRiVER likes this.
  12. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

Is there a handbook with the 1.0.9 stuff?

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Can we get an update on how dynamic weather settings should work after 1.0.8 update, the patch note doesn't really tell us what the settings actually do or how it changes things.

Using these settings
    "ambientTemp": 22,
    "trackTemp": 25,
    "cloudLevel": 0.1,
    "rain": 0.2,
    "weatherRandomness": 1,

The server had rain most of the time with hardly any dry sessions, the temperatures are fairly consistant around the same number depending on time of day and if its wet or dry. How can we make temperatures more random for the same time of day using the same cloud level, how can we set the server to get for example dry running around 75% of the time. In the dry running same time of day actual ambient temps could vary 10-15 degress C, then it may rain some sessions and the rain intensity could be anything from light drizzle to heavy rain avoiding the heaviest thunderstorm which is mostly unraceable red flag stuff.

From my testing raising cloud level and rain just makes it more likely to have heavy thunderstorms and less dry running, the same with weather randomness but higher numbers here give more clear and sunny days but also more heavy thunderstorms. It seems quite hard to set fairly dynamic conditions for a server and avoiding big extremes where I think people may want things to vary more but avoid things like too much rain or excessively hot or cold temps.

A suggestino to have for example max and min settings for rain and cloud level then some sort of scale that would control which end of the scale it would favour.

An example of my suggestion would be like below where it is (min - max + scale linearity favouring min or max with 0.5 being linear)
    "ambientTemp": 15 - 28 0.3,
    "trackTemp": 13 - 38 0.5,
    "cloudLevel": 0.0 - 0.8 0.1,
    "rain": 0.0 - 0.5 0.1,
    "weatherRandomness": 2, (overall variability still within max, min settings and linearity

Daniel Monteiro, Piret2000 and Rolz like this.
  14. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

That was an awesome idea! Worked perfectly, thank you!

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Testing weather settings, with the settings below 3rd session in had the yellow thunderstorm so it really seem to make very little sense in how this is meant to work, some help here @Minolin would be handy.

"ambientTemp": 22,
    "trackTemp": 24,
    "cloudLevel": 0.0,
    "rain": 0.1,
    "weatherRandomness": 2,

Also no matter what day I set the server if just a single session track is always green, setting a 1 min practice day 2 then 300 min qualy day 3 made both sessions start fast the first time. Then the second time I got this weather with 2x yellow thunderstorms in the forecast using weather settings above. o_O
    20190918171822.png

Rolz and Piret2000 like this.
  16. DiRTyDRiVER

DiRTyDRiVER Hardcore Simmer

Changelog 10.8
    - Added DT, 5s, 15s penalties as admin commands.

All used spellings tried. On private, public and LAN servers. Request for correct spelling of the commands.

gretting
    Heiko

cestcomi and Rolz like this.
  17. HemiR

HemiR Gamer

you need to be admin.
    /dq "space" car number
    /dt "space" car number
    /5"space" car number
    /15"space" car number
    pretty sure that what worked for me

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  18. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

/dq "space" car number
    /dt "space" car number
    /tp5"space" car number
    /tp15"space" car number

and if you ad C on the ( DQC or TPC) it will give a message that penalty is for causing collision

Piret2000 and Rolz like this.
  19. HemiR

HemiR Gamer

lol .. you beat be back to edit my post mr jankovic :)

D.Jankovic likes this.
  20. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I have this error, the server runs properly (at least with one driver connected):

==ERR: onCarUpdate: timestamp is X ms in the future: xxxxxxx (now: yyyyyyy offset: zzzzzzz)

I tried to search but I had no luck, should I worry about it/what is it related to?