1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What effect does the hardware used have on how ACC is perceived?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Luis Branco, Jul 9, 2019.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Oh, okay, wow, you are heaps older then?
    :p

Coanda likes this.
  2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

yep, on my second hip op from all the sim racing over the years..

3. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Racer

Sorry for taking the thread slightly off topic but can you guide me on how you are using the rotary dials for TC and abs.

Can you map each detent to a separate level of TC or do you just use two of the detents, such as one for up and one for down?

Many thanks

4. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

I don't believe you can map each detent separately. It's just a click to the right for up (or down) and a turn/click to the left to move the value in the opposite direction. I don't know if it is my wheel or McLaren wheels in general, but sometimes the clicks don't register in-game, so you have to watch your DDU to make sure the change has taken effect.

EsxPaul likes this.
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Lol, you need to take up something less dangerous, maybe dominoes or cards

6. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Racer

Thank you very much. I'll give this a try as the rotaries have been sitting unused due to me being unsure in how to map them.

7. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I'm struggling to remember now. When the wheel first came out it wasn't properly supported and you had to mess around with it to get it to work. It is supported now and works perfectly, I don't think you have to do anything really. Just know that when you first enter the sim, the TC and ABS settings defined in your setup that you enter the track with will define what they are in car, not what tehy say in wheel. So before entering the track, go to setup, see what TC and ABS are set to, and set your rotary dials to that. Then when you enter the sim, it will be 1:1 aligned -i.e. if it starts raining suddenly and you turn the TC up to 10 with your rotary, it will detect that in the sim. It is super immersive!

@DHMoto I'm afraid you may have a problem with your wheel :-( Mine works OK..

EsxPaul likes this.
  8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The new Fanatec drivers/firmware, activate a new entry in the config screen of the wheel. It should be called MPS and once in there you should be able to choose between: AUTO, ENCODER, CONSTANT, PULSE
    I think you need to select CONSTANT, or PULSE not sure. Play a bit with it and you'll instantly understand that it works. Had me confused too at first.

EsxPaul likes this.
  9. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Oh yes, that's right.. I think it's CONSTANT that it needs to be set to. Works like a dream - this wheel was made for ACC and it's $169. Absolute bargain, can't recommend it highly enough if you're into this sim.

10. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Racer

@DHMoto @Aristotelis @warth0g

Thank you all for the tips and advice.

I'm using a usb conversion on my rim and believe that makes the R/H rotary unusable. I'm also locked into the firmware version that was uploaded to the rim before being converted (Version 25) if I remember correctly.

I'll have to have a play around and see what I can get working.

Thanks again and apologies for taking things off topic.

11. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Nice one, u gonna enjoy your sim a lot more. :)

12. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

It give another immersion. I was in a desk with an office chair for many years, because the lack of space to have a rig. The wheel was always moving because it was fixed by the clamp, also the chair was moving, so you can imagine the picture.
    Now it's solid as a rock and driving position is perfect.

13. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

The need for a desk becomes important if you also want to play non-driving games with the same PC/monitors. Especially those using keyboard/mouse. I see various people simply setup their driving rig near/beside a desk, and have both available (or attach their wheel to the desk). I don't have the space for both, but I've found a pretty good option:
    - recently I was able to purchase a nice SimLabs P1. Just... superb. Should have done that years ago.
    - I got an inexpensive desktop (solid wood, not one of those ones filled with cardboard), that wasn't too big, but big enough. I cut some holes in the desk-top to allow the P1 uprights to pass through.
    - So now I can remove the wheel from the wheel deck, and just put the desktop on top. Adjust the angle of the wheel deck so it's level (easy on the P1), and secure the desk using screws through the holes in the wheel deck mount. It's very secure. Just use the same mounted seat that I use for driving.

Total change-over takes about 10-15 minutes. I have the seat sliders, so I can move the seat forward and back enough to get in and out. Works great, and now I can use my same setup to play either driving, or keyboard/mouse games quite nicely. Best of both worlds actually.

Quite pleased with myself about this....

14. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I thing you got me.
    Something like this?
    [​IMG]

Atak_Kat likes this.
  15. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Here's a poor quality pic of mine with the desk attached. I think most here already know what it would look like with the wheel mounted...;)

20190920_074953.jpg

16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Love the small PC with the monstrous Noctua in it

Atak_Kat likes this.
  17. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Well, very interesting thread. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    I do think that the hardware makes the connection to the virtual world much better. The case of the FFB is particularly interesting, because is actually the way it is programmed (software) what really makes the hardware so valuable.
    But I'm sure that @Lord Kunos (one of the main brains behind this sim) can give you a better insight into this. If you follow him on socialmedia or in this forum, he tends to share technical opinions about this particular subject.