1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Lol, too funny, did anyone win?

2. Turk

Turk Alien

Sounds like real life to me. One countries thunderstorm is another countries Tuesday.

I think you have a point, maybe there should be a way to set a limit on how bad things can get, but it's not really a problem with the weather.

3. Cravenor

Cravenor Gamer

Your way of expressing yourself is very… agressive, but thats just my personal opinion. Maybe you would get a Reaction from the Devs, if you wouldn´t sound like you are entitled to demand Changes in their Game from them. Many Cars in Spa were aquaplaning at the Straight this Year. If they weren´t, the Race would not be stopped. But your massive ingame aquaplaning could be the Result of a new Feature in 1.0.8. You have now to raise the Car by up to 5mm to have the same Performance with Water on the Track.

From Patch Notes:

- Wet asphalt water film depth now influences aerodynamics.
    NOTE: you might need to raise your ride height up to 4-5mm to regain the same splitter and diffuser balance and performance on a wet track.

They could reduce the possibility of heavy Thunderstorms, if they make them optional, they could remove this Weather Condition totally. Almost everybody would deactivate this. A Safety Car Feature for such Conditions would be nice. I would prefer a Slider with a Percentage Chance for heavy Thunderstorms under variable Weather. Something with 5 up to 100%, so if it rains you have at least a 5% Chance that it evolves to a big Thunderstorm. That should make this a very rare Event, but it is still possible. Just my 2 Cents on this. :)

Epistolarius likes this.
  4. Mjolnir1

Mjolnir1 Rookie

i think race was cancelled, a much longer clip shows all the cleaning up afterwards and not much else happening so...

F1Aussie likes this.
  5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

No, no, no, you can watch the full race, this is the last part:

The brake was between 5:45 and 11:30h.

6. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

You are not talking about the same race:D

sps_for_race likes this.
  7. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

True, just found out, you guys are not talking about 24h Spa anymore.
    That was page 21.

8. Mjolnir1

Mjolnir1 Rookie

i think the merging of the threads caused some confusion hehe, btw i did watch the entire spa 24, rained very much :)

sps_for_race likes this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is a race I did in MP was a public SA70 limit I think. Also was a european server and I would have had a ping of around 280 but all others were quite low

It was dry first race and qualy then the heavens opened on the second race. Forecast was white storm into yellow storm and stayed as a storm all race.

Its fun in its own way managing the carnage and the weather is done very well in ACC. But realistically this would be red flagged in any real racing these days for safety reasons. We have no safety concerns other then hurting our SA in these conditions, the low vis and massive aquaplaining is about as tricky as it gets and you need to drive just to survive in these conditions.

Even after my first lap issues I figured it was unlikely anyone would avoid a spin in 20 minutes and I was surprised a few still hung in to the end.

Coanda likes this.
  10. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

I guess next time they will give us an update where drivers will need to raise their spliter another 100 mm to accommodate track turning into river. Trouble is there are already not many people to race with on public. League that I raced in original AC a year ago (that had literally 100s of players in GT3 chapm) had a GT3 championship (8 races) in...wait for it.... AC ORIGINAL running through all this summer. That is a sad reality of AC vs ACC. But Kunos of course may exercise their right to develop more realistic driving in undriveable conditions. I am glad that their physics engine can do such things but for god sake make your game playable to the point that every league will take it and say "Yes, ACC is the way to go", not as it is right now. ACC was diamond in the rough and continue to be in that condition. P.S. BTW, last race in that wonderfully recreated thunderstorm the guy who was driving in 6 or 7th position suddenly discovered that he was one full lap behind everyone after a few laps into the race. How is that for a change? Literally, game placed him one lap behind. I had zero complains in AC, but ACC is a different animal altogether. I have 2 more races in the league that moves away from ACC and looking at public racing ONLY. So my dilemma is either to play best sim on the market which ACC is or move elsewhere. I drove more then 3500hours in AC+ACC and ACC is love/hate thing for me. There are many who are not as vocal had left without saying a word on this forum.

11. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

While I agree that Thunderstorms have no place in a racing game your comparisons vs AC don't even make sense, do you know why? Because there's no dynamic weather in AC in the first place!!! Just turn the damn thing off and you'll have equal conditions as in AC, and then you can compare.
    I'd like Thunderstorms gone as well but your cry baby attitude isn't helping your case.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Then just turn the damn rain off and you have the AC experience you seek. How is this so hard?

13. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

Whats your guys problem? I don't get it. Thunderstorms are not even that difficult to drive in. I'd even prefer even more rain. And I don't think, that I'm the next Schumacher, although I feel pretty comfortable. Maybe you should get some practice in and learn how to drive in the rain. Don't wanna lie now, but I think I don't even have 100h in ACC and I didnt play AC too much, but if you play 3500h+ in those games and can't manage to drive in the rain, you're doing something massively wrong.
    And if you can't handle rain, turn it off. But don't try to get the devs to take take of the most fun aspects of the game out of it. Thunderstorms should be kept the way they are, even if I'd like them to be stronger, or you'd like them weaker.

And please stop writing in that toxic manner. You can always crtisize, but in a nicer way. Thanks.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I don't think anyone is saying to remove it just give some control over setting up servers within admins own limits. The way it is now make dynamic=2 you get a huge thunderstorm very often and I don't know how much you raced but it gets to some level at most tracks where you aquaplane coasting so not on throttle or brake at low speed meaning there is nothing you can do in some cars.

Try drive the 911 gt3 at Paul ricard in a yellow Icon thunderstorm and see if you can complete a lap at any speed. I tried and raised the car to max ride height and it couldn't make it around the 2nd last turn in any way. Some other cars aren't as bad in the same conditions for reasons I don't understand, possibly ground collisions in some cars are a bit off.

The white icon thunderstorm is generally still raceable but get a league race for example and try to set dynamic conditions but then make it highly likely it will be pretty much red flag conditions at some point is not a good thing. Some people want to race in these conditions but for more competitive racing its likely most admins will want to set there own levels at what they consider reasonable racing conditions.

I will race in anything but its quite easy to see in any server when the rain gets heavy most simply leave. The servers are already quite enough but if rain levels remain mostly raceable people will likely stay and race in it. Give some more control over this and everyone can be happy, there is no need to remove the cool heavy rain feature from the game entirely.

15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Don't think I've raced on Paul Ricard with yellow thunderstorm so not entirely sure how far the puddle in that corner spreads out, but you want to go around it, not through it. The farthest I've seen it spread out is to about the middle from the track. Adjust you line and go around it on the left side.

16. Sumpfgottheit

Sumpfgottheit Rookie

We had a 45min race yesterday with a 4xtime multiplier (3 simulated hours) . Rain started almost immediately after the start, made it to heavy and then the yellow thunderstorm arrived and stayed for the 3 simulated hours.

Driving in these conditions normally lead to a red flag, and when having thunderstorms, that stay for this long, it would be great, if that race can actually be red flagged. Everbody returns to pits, than a magic "Waiting for better conditions" popup appears, the ingame-time is fast-forwarded until the conditions are better and the race is restarted for the remaining laps.

This would probably simulate real races even better, but I guess there are a hell of edge cases that have to be cornered there. On Public Servers reducing the probability of yellow thunderstorms is probably easier to achieve, the red-flag needs to be thrown by the server admin, I guess.

MsportDAN likes this.
  17. popo87

popo87 Simracer

I love bad weather, scramble all the plans and everyone can be faster than dry rave, or die at First corner

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

This was me at Misano MP two weeks ago.. :eek::D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    sissydriver, F1Aussie and martcerv like this.
  19. Sumpfgottheit

Sumpfgottheit Rookie

Rain and Heavy Rain: awesome
    A bit of thunderstorm here and there: Even more awesome
    Three hours of yellow thunderstorm: A bit too much for me. (But as I love driving in ACC so much, it was still incredible, Zolder at night is very nice))

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If that was in the server with me it was nothing like that :) I tend to set them to avoid those yellow thunderstorms but heavy rain is real good fun. Then do this at night even better, you quite likely cant see chit but at least you have some hope of controlling the car.

The red flag rain would be a chance for those guys that usually dont win many races to win one but it seems they are also the first to end up like this then leave. :eek::D