1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

nah Marty your servers are good as gold.. :cool: I can't remember what server it was however the 10 drivers on the grid didn't make it home..

2. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Thunderstorms have no part in racing and in most series are stopped before danger to life can occur.

Not sure why just heavy rain is all we can have.

Why storms. To show off the gfx?

Why don't we chuck in tsunamis and earthquakes while we're at it eh.

As I said before weather should be taken back to the days of race 07 simple with the features we have today dryline, aquaplaning etc

DiRTMark likes this.
  3. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Weather is already quite good. Just give more control over it, let us able to define certain limits in the weather variation and randomness both in SP and MP

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

4. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

I tried that now. Manthey Porsche, Paul Ricard, Storm. First 2 laps i span out, after that, no worries anymore. I wasn't fast, but I think I could go a bit quicker still. 2:20s so far. I only took the wet default and raised the car by 5mm on front and rear. Worked fine and was pretty fun to drive.

5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

The main issue is not if it's drivable or not, the issue is first of all, a race in real life would be red flagged so it's not realistic and second of all seems there's a 98% chance you will get a thunderstorm during 98% of the duration of your race using dynamic weather which makes even less sense.
    It's the same thing as with a previous topic on this thread where setting starting race condition as random you have 98% chance of starting in a wet track, these are just not realistic scenarios at all.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Also it goes really dark when it rains, which again is not real life..

7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Finally someone seeing the real issue behind random weather OFFLINE. A 99% chance of a wet race from the start!

Cornflex, tjr and fsuarez79 like this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I will need to try it again in a sp session, possibly weather is much more sever in an mp session. I raised the car about 20mm lol and was coasting at less then half speed and it was just a boat on any line in that corner.

9. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

I think, thats bull****, sorry. My server is set on random and we barely had thunderstorms so far. Not sure, if we even had one on either server.

I tried both. No changes.

10. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

What are your server setting regarding weather?
    Because i've Seen lots of storm during last week on our server, a bit to much storm i must say.

Kopiller likes this.
  11. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

May be related to this (lifted from 1.0.8 patch notes):

- Server weather configuration now has more weight on the cloud level, configuring high cloud levels drastically improve the chances of rain (when dynamic weather is used).
    - Server weather configuration now uses rain level as a chance for a completely rainy weekend (when dynamic weather is used). Server admins can use both weatherRandomness and rain level to achieve different types of random rain experience.

So generally sounds like more rain is now made more likely, and less chance of simply cloudy but dry conditions.

12. Cornflex

Cornflex Gamer

Yes true. Random track conditions don't work well in offline mode. It should be done in three steps.
    1) Is the track wet or dry?
    2) If the track is wet, how wet is it?
    3) If the track is dry, start with a dry session

13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

So still hasn't been fixed in 1.1?

14. Cornflex

Cornflex Gamer

Unfortunately not.

15. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Let's say I want to mimic the 2019 weather at Spa for a full 24h race weekend. How would I go about doing that? Is there anyway to set the weather to change at a specific interval?

I ask because the game doesn't tell me what any of the settings do (though I suspect dynamic and variability will play a big part) could someone please explain to me what all of the settings do?

And yes, I know there was a long red flag period during the race, but that's beside the point, I just want to get the "full" experience, but don't know how too?

1st and 2nd quarter light to medium rain, 3rd quarter heavy rain and 4th quarter heavy to light rain/clouds with a lot of puddles.

Is any of this possible (custom or singleplayer with bots) and what are the best settings to get something close to this, without the fear of 24h storm or just having clouds?

I know you can select "real weather" in the championship mode, but that's not what I'm looking for, as I would be forced to complete several races.

Apologies if my questions have already been answered, but the game doesn't give me enough information to begin with.

Attached Files:

• 0001.jpg
      0001.jpg
      File size:
      316.5 KB
      Views:
    Piret2000 likes this.
  16. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

What you're talking about here is actually the way rF2 does it (scripted weather divided in 4 parts) but not currently possible in ACC and I'd prefer it over the current dynamic weather system as I wouldn't need to worry about silly unrealistic thunderstorms.

Your best bet at the moment is use dynamic weather and hope you don't end up with a 24H thunderstorm.

GRFOCO likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

The devs have said the weather will not be setup in weather slots. No issues with me. I like your idea to have an option to race a race in all modes whilst matching the real life weather for that event. If you say that option already exists in championship mode, idk as i dont play this mode, then it shouldn't be too difficult as they have already written the weather scripts.

GRFOCO likes this.
  18. Cornflex

Cornflex Gamer

Please no weather slot system! I really like it as it is now. Weather has to be unpredictable in some way. I don‘t want to know how the weather will develop before starting a race.

F1Aussie and GRFOCO like this.
  19. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

What I really would like is a general forecast for each session, this is something teams have in real life. Of course it's just a forecast and things could change when the actual session starts, but right now it happens that you do a qualy in dry and then load race and it's pouring. Not sure if it can be done though, but would be a nice touch.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

20. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

+1. Weekend and session forecast would be great, if possible.