1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Manual

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by max21, Sep 26, 2019.

1. max21

max21 Racer

Dear all,
    I hope this post is not considered a wish list, in case you tell me where to move it.

ACC, in my opinion, has certainly reached an excellent stage of development, personally I never had so much fun with AI as in the last version (1.0.10). And even in VR it's a show!

Now, I don't know about you, but personally, and after several hundred hours of play, I struggle to remember all the possible options of the game, the meaning of the variables, the various configuration files, the details of the game modes, setup options, etc.
    Of course there are the blog of @Aristotelis and some other developers, as well as the whole forum of course, but it is increasingly difficult to find the information you want.
    I think it's time for someone to think about building and then maintaining a solid documentation. Undoubtedly it is a very expensive activity, so I don't know if at this moment the developers can afford it, certainly it would be a very useful tool.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 1.8: Manual gears using square and x buttons? Sep 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Manual for ACC PS4 Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Physics Manual clutch + Manual Engine Start -> Accelerator moves car even with engine off. Jun 19, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Can't read ACC server manual no permissions Apr 4, 2019
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports ACC Restrictor parameter Feb 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Time Trial Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC me funciona mal Jan 17, 2024

3. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Racer

The changes and updates that are coming in the game would probably make a manual release outdated quickly - an online wiki style manual would be nice - a lot of the options, in cart setup in particular, would be great to have a hint or explanation of.

4. VeryStef

VeryStef Gamer

5. DiRTyDRiVER

DiRTyDRiVER Hardcore Simmer

Hi
    I am currently creating a German ACC game manual. The focus is currently on multiplayer. If want can create English version.
    http://bit.ly/2TVJnHl

greeting
    Heiko

Johnnie Dax, kro, manu68 and 9 others like this.
  6. max21

max21 Racer

Great job, it could be the starting point for a documentation project?
    The English version would be very welcome.
    thanks

7. Yes please!!! This will be so very helpful. I salute you!

8. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the work, Heiko !
    If you need help translating it to english, gimme the word .

9. Dom Tuso

Dom Tuso Gamer

I concur 110%, great sim, but wildly lacking documentation. Please Please Please put together a single document/place/wiki with all of the goodies in understanding ACC. I mean, I'm an engineer, but cannot figure out for the life of me of how to read the tire temp graphic completely. What the heck does blue tips on green tire mean? Also when in the setup mode, nothing is documented very well for the various options.

Mudguts and WallyM like this.
  10. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Racer

Even the Blancpain rules would help with an understanding of how the multiplayer events can be configured. There is nothing out there. All trial and error and maybe a lucky spot on the forum.

11. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

kro and EsxPaul like this.
  12. Turk

Turk Alien

I guess part of the problem for Kunos is that they've made a sim so true to life that now that we basically need a manual for Blancpain GT racing. Which is no small feat.

I thought there were more tips in the past though, the setup tips seem to have been simplified or am I imagining things? It can be helpful to have those tips there as a reminder after I watch a setup video on youtube.

I don't know about anyone else but I often need to have a notepad and calculator on hand when doing basic things like deciding how much fuel to put in the car. It would be handy to keep notes, have a calculator and access to data from previous sessions. I appreciate it's a bit late to be saying this now but I think the "career" could be dropped for a training academy or a series of events that are educational, I did the special event at Spa (#43) and it was a great event for making a setup that needed to span two different track conditions. That kind of event is kind of like a puzzle and educational, if the "career" was made up of learning driving and set ups and then your actual "career" is competing online. Unless Kunos is planning to do cut scenes and all the other in between stuff that the likes of the F1 games do then there isn't ever going to be much of a career. I find the special events more informative and valuable as learning tools than the career.

I know that isn't really helpful to Kunos, sorry about that. But with the last few updates the sim has become more and more complicated and is becoming a bit daunting to keep up with it all. I also appreciate that because it is so big and complicated now it's hard to cover all that in any kind of manual. There's really a number of manuals involved and creating setups isn't an easy thing to make a manual for as it can be somewhat subjective. There is some excellent user created content out there too though, I don't think it all has to fall to Kunos. There's people with the knowledge and experience out there that can do setup guides as well as anyone.

I don't know if I'm representative of a standard customer, I only play at weekends and have very limited time, so I can't invest the kind of time I feel I need to learn everything through trial and error.

The game is addictive, it's gotten under my skin and now I want to be more competitive at it.

I'm not complaining, I appreciate this is a whole other level of work and it's not easy, it's not a deal breaker for me to not have this stuff in the sim, but anything you can do to help with the daunting amount of data and options would be helpful. Mentioning the calculator and notepad is just an example of what I have to go through to be able to handle all the variables, I'm not expecting those things to be implemented.

warth0g, VAPORE_, viffviff99 and 2 others like this.
  13. max21

max21 Racer

You made the idea of the situation very well, for example even for me the career mode is lacking, there is no prior indication on how the stints will be managed, so you always have to interrupt to prepare the race setups.

Given the interest in a manual, it would take someone could activate a wiki project maintained by the most "expert" users. In my opinion, two conditions must be met:
    1) Kunos does not write its own manual;
    2) Some of the developers become a reference for specific questions and assume the task of validating the content.

What do you think?

14. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

A little manual would be great, seeing many guys in this forum who can explain things clear and simple
    Put those posts together and in same shape could be a nice thing, as .pdf for example, but a lot of work needed...

15. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I am preaching it since years. a simpel doc-file in a folder in the AC installation folder, that gets repalced with an updated text when an update to the sim is downloaded. This instead of scattering in parts important information on options, and background technology , all across the forum, the web, in dozens of threads and leaving it to people to search and look and ask. More efficient. More effective. More ergonomic. Everybody would have all answers he could ask for on his HD already, always, and knows where to look them up, even print them out. As much as I like their sims and their support, as much I dislike their documentation policy. The work it takes to write on thre web, shpould be spend for doign the same text work for a manual/pdf/doc. And please: printer friendly page design. No ink-consuming fancy artwork and watermarks on the pages needed.

Microprose. :D THAT was the way how to do these things. LOL

16. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Funny you mention that. Something in-between a Falcon 4.0 manual and a "top 10 things to know about ACC" was what I've been thinking for a while now.

goldenage likes this.
  17. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

If I thought people would participate I would make some "top 10 things to know" posts on things like running the game, playing the game, driving the game, car setup etc. Just not sure I know the top ten things to know in most categories.

18. manu68

manu68 Gamer

Thanks a lot.
    Great job.

You are very kind to make the job instead of the kunos team.

Respect.

19. manu68

manu68 Gamer

Just reading your document.

My rating is above 9000 for a pretty long time now, and i am not rated as platinum .
    Are the figures right ?

20. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Why not make a Wiki together?

Also the Server Administration would be nice to Document it more and keep up with updatens and stuff. (I could host a Wiki for sure)

jörgen wahlby likes this.
  21. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

@manu68