1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The BMW M6 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Sticky thread in the physic section

2. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Did u seen this one? it is before V1.0, so not all cars listed...someone got actual version?

Attached Files:

tw1st likes this.
  3. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

oha Physic section, saw it too late, sry

4. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Why can't I choose the BMW in career mode?

5. Ducati

Ducati Rookie

No idea there, I'm using it in career right now. My favorite car.

Try starting a new career?

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  6. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Does anyone know, why the BMW is dated 2017? Its first year in BPGT was in 2016 and it got its an EVO-package in 2018.

7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Many times they launch a car with the following year on the name.
    As far as I remember, the Audi R8 LMS non evo version competed in 2015, but was called the Audi R8 LMS 2016.

I'm not sure, but if I had to guess that is the reason.

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Model years for production cars being one year ahead of the production year is an American thing. The R8 LMS was homologated in 2015, went on sale in 2015, raced in 2015 - it is a 2015 car.

9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

If you buy an Audi Street car, wich is produced after factory holidays in summer 2018, it is called model 2019.

10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

But it is called the Audi R8 LMS 2016.
    What's your point?

11. Probably they were just ea

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah. What's the point... :rolleyes:

13. Stefanoes

Stefanoes Gamer

Does someone have a tip on how to drive/setup the BWM for silverstone?
    I just can't get reliable in the 2:00 / 2:01 mark. It's bouncy and (for me at least) very understeary. I have tried tweaking a bit in the setup, it does help a bit, but not enough.
    I have a feeling I am just driving it wrong or something. I like driving the BMW, it's a bit of an underdog right now and everybody loves a underdog ;)
    I can make a video of my driving if it is helpfull.

14. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

So i've finally gotten some quality time with the m6 and i'm as confused as i have ever been (in Simracing).

The m6 has decent power and torque, so it's only natural to be fast on the straight. But what happened to it's acceleration? It's a turd on corner exit, no matter how much you preload that twin turbo.
    Well, that's surely to balance it's supreme handling characteristics you'd say? Nope. It understeers on corner entry (tbh not as bad as it could be), has a twitchy rear end mid corner and isn't as planted as it should be on corner exit (judging by it's lackluster acceleration and massive wheelbase).
    Did i mention that it has arguably the worst brakes of all gt3's? Not much point in having insane straight line speed if you have to work that brake pedal miles before everyone else, is there?

I get that the car was never that competitive in real life to begin with, but it's an utter enigma in this game.

15. trutya

trutya Simracer

not easy to work with this car, but to be honest, it hever has been competitive (except for Spa) in real life too...
    i place reality over equal cars, so i'm fine with it.
    my biggest problem with BMW is that despite it's a big battleship, it feels so light and not planted at all, very slidy and unstable on curbs.
    harder to handle this for me that the understeer.
    amongst the older cars (like old Nissan, Bentley, McLaren) it is relative competitive, but the newer cars outperform it, that's true
    try the 650s if you want the challenge ;)

16. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

i get that. I've tried all the cars. Spend the most time with the Lexus, followed by the Audi and Porsche.

What i do not get is how the physics work with the m6's acceleration and deceleration.

Let's look at deceleration. It's basic dimensions are similar enough to the Lexus. Similar weight and balance. Same tire width, brake pad and disc size. The cars should essentially decelerate in a similar (if not equal) fashion from medium and low speed. But they don't. The Lexus seems to have a slightly higher overall brakepressure with the abs intervening earlier.

Again, i get that the bmw is not supposed to be the most competitive car. But i don't think that it should be 1-2 sec slower across all tracks.

17. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

I don't know how much help I will be as i'm no alien but the M6 is my go to car and at Silverstone with the base aggressive setup i'm consistent 2:01. I think my driving style suits it I like a bit of understeer in my cars. I have a light touch on my wheel and also i'm very smooth with with inputs I don't saw at the wheel, which I think this car likes as its big and heavy fast changes are a big no-no with it. I do agree the brakes are the worst of the bunch but I have learned to deal with it. I may be slower into the corner but usually I'm on the power sooner (slow in fast out) I find it can trail break fairly easily. I have not really noticed its slow acceleration I can usually keep up out of the corners. As for setup if I change anything usually I will add one click stiffer front springs and almost ride the bump stops and 1-3 clicks more slow bump and rebound again in the front. I haven't played around with much more.

as a comparison if you put me in the lambo or porsche i do not like how twitchy they feel and it looks like i've never driven a car before when i'm off in the weeds somewhere every corner LOL

18. iVG

iVG Alien

Car choice doesn't matter if you're 2+ seconds off the pace and use default everything. The disadvantages only become apparent (and therefore can be fixed with setup partially) once you really try to squeeze in the last second or two. Until then - work on your driving.

19. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Is there any likelyhood of the BMW BOP changing anytime soon? It was so off the pace at Silverstone in the SRO race last weekend.

20. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

update 1.4
    is it finally happening boys?