1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Crew Chief Beta

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Thx1137, Jul 21, 2019.

1. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yes, I get this too ATM. Also I'm often told I'm in first or second place when I'm not.

2. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

@Turk - i've updated that beta release to include an additional sanity check for the pit window data. The game is sending weird stuff here (if there's no mandatory pit stop, it sends pit window open at about 5 mins, and pit window closed at about 4.9 mins). If you re-download and reinstall that beta it might fix it.

tjr - the real time position reports are very hard to do because the game doesn't send them. The app has to work them out by combining the distance-round-lap and laps-completed for each car. Unfortunately the distance-round-lap data arrive out of sync with the laps-completed data, making it extremely difficult to accurately work out how far each car has travelled. Sometimes the app isn't able to correct this broken data

Black Puddin, Jakkison, Rolz and 5 others like this.
  3. for the past several days, I'm getting NO spotter calls. I say "Spotter" and Jim tells Clare to make the spotter calls, but still nothing.

I uninstalled, then reinstalled. I at version 4 9 10 1. Now, Jim cannot understand me. Have I forgotten to set some property settings?

Thx./

4. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

Try resetting the app to default settings - delete the folder c:/Users/[user name]/AppData/local/Britton_IT_Ltd/ and the start the app

After_Midnight and Rolz like this.
  5. Yes! Welcome back Clare. Thank you sir. Can you pls remind me, is there a setting in Properties that will default to always have the Spotter make calls? I seem to have to say/ask for "Spotter" for this to get turned on.

I used the search function in Properties and seem to have everything related to Spotter checked. Thx again.

Y

6. I had a similar issue with speech recognition when returning to my PC after installing a few updates.
    It appeared to kinda work on the desktop but seemed to break once ACC was booted up.
    After rolling back to the previous version, all was fine again.

I reinstalled ___.24 if I recall and all was fine again until reinstalling updates.

Unchecking a option titled Prefer Speech Recognition or something along those lines was the fix for me.
    Sorry I do not have specific information as I am away from that PC doing class work.
    This response has been drafted all day.

Good luck!

7. @Jim Britton
    I'm correct in the assumption there's an opportunity to keep games out of the games list of your UI?
    If so please point me in the right direction o_O

Thanks in advance :)

8. Qu4S4R

Qu4S4R Rookie

In Properties there is a 'Limit available games (text)' property where you can add the games you want seperated by ','
    ( You can search for it by pressing <CTRL>e ).

For example:
    ACC, pCars2, Assetto, F1 2019, Raceroom, iracing

After_Midnight and EsxPaul like this.
  9. Thank you good sir. :)

Qu4S4R likes this.
  10. Nufan

Nufan Rookie

Is someone else experiencing problems with pitwindow opening and closing announcements?
    In our league race we have 45min race and 10 min pitwindow, but crewchief announces the pitwindow opening around the same time it is actually closing. not the exact time, but in few minutes range.

11. Digger

Digger Gamer

I thought I noticed it (CC) announcing "pit open" a couple of laps before it actually opened in a short career race I had the other day. I dont get the time to race much so I havent had the chance to test it again. I think everything else is working great for me and I sure appreciate the work Jim has put into this.

12. marcos1988

marcos1988 Racer

I have encountered a few times now where I get a penalty like a drivethrough, after clearing the penalty Jim keeps reminding me to still do the drivethrough. Maybe the same kind of weird data as with the pit pitwindow?

13. Doc3d

Doc3d Racer

My crewchief sees to boot ok, but i get no audio calls at all. I did set the broadcast.json parameters. The last Message in the Console is “invoking spotter every 50”
    I get the radio check when starting and The car seems to register if I change it, so I can’t figure out what’s wrong. Any ideas what (probably obvious) setting I have missed?

14. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Is this in practise or in a race?

15. Doc3d

Doc3d Racer

That was my rookie mistanke i think. It was probably in practice. Once i started a race, all was good. Figured that out when back in practice and there was no calls made. Like I said, rookie mistake

Program works great (but sometihing is messed up with pit stops: in my first race I was told the pits were open right after green light. I thought it strange but went in. Nobody else did and the (real) pit stop window was called when I would expect it, about halfway in a 40 min race. After that I started ignoring the pitwindow message at the start)

16. rycil

rycil Simracer

Hello,

Is it possible to have crew chief sounds only in the rift s headphone while the ACC sounds in the 5.1 speakers?

Thanks.

17. Rolz

Rolz Alien

hello, any updates on this now with v1.1?
    especially with stints and pit widows now going this extra info would be good
    thankyou!! :)

18. Beat me to it!

I've actually complied with the orders to pit during the first 15 minutes which cost me the race so now I ignore it.

Pit opening is broadcasted at race start then continues for around 15 minutes until closed but don't recall ever being notified when the actual mid-race (Race 1, career) manditory 10 minute pit window opens/closes, which again cost me another race before I did some research on the race rules.

Thanks

19. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Yes it is. I do the same. You need to set your default audio in Windows to the rift and set the audio in game to your windows sound card.
    Salute
    Friar

rycil likes this.
  20. Hobi

Hobi Rookie

Hello,

I just had a weird mistake.

I drove a quick race, everything was fine. At the end I won the race but CC did not say a word after crossing the finish line.
    After pressing the ESC key, CC told me that I was twenty-fourth - while the awards ceremony was on the screen...

br
    Holger

After_Midnight likes this.