1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What screen are you using for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Stekelly1980, Apr 13, 2019.

?

What type of screen are you using for ACC?

1. Super ultra wide monitor 32:9 (chg90 etc)

11.8%
  2. Ultra wide 21:9

19.2%
  3. Wide screen 16:9

36.8%
  4. Triple screen

14.3%
  5. Vr headset

17.2%
  6. Dual screen

0.7%
  1. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

Are you serious? 144hz makes a massive difference over a 60hz screen. This is especially the case if you're going to use your screen for any first person shooter games but even just playing race Sims it's night and day difference to 60hz.

Michel, aaaape and tlsmikey like this.
  2. ▣ HiTzz

▣ HiTzz Gamer

Its very subjective and really depends on user, 144hz is nice but its not going to make you pro or anything. My main gripe with it, its the requirements, unlike with higher res monitors you not only have to have good gpu but good cpu too.

3. aaaape

aaaape Racer

Pretty good representation from VR users here especially since I saw "screen" in the question and passed by this thread several times and also didn't know it was a poll. Pretty surprised it's close to 1/4 of us. That's awesome.

I use Samsung Odyssey plus and my other screen prior to going VR was an Acer 21:9 1080p 200hz ulra wide. I've had my eye on those 49inch ultrawides for a while now. Would love to have one but don't know how much I would really use it. It is really strange trying to drive on a monitor now. Very disorienting.

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I didn’t think VR is as high as it is, this will undoubtedly keep climbing as well.

aaaape likes this.
  5. ▣ HiTzz

▣ HiTzz Gamer

Probably, but this is best case scenario since this forum does not represent majority of people only the most enthusiastic who follows at least acc in this case closely.

Mogster likes this.
  6. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I’ve got some older (now days) benq 27” 3x setup but I thought going full vr would be good, but I’m burned on on VR now and reshuffling everything again is a nightmare, so I was thinking of upgrading to this; https://www.techspot.com/products/monitors/dell-alienware-aw3418dw.172872/

Anyone own one of these? Or have a reason they chose a Predator or ROC instead? They have come down in price quite a bit, and all 3 cost the same.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  7. ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 34" Curved Ultra-Wide 3440x1440 100Hz

8. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

As it says in my sig.... ;)

Quite rarely though as GT3 isn't really my thing and also work and life etc...

ACC is coming along very nicely though, great work again @Kunos.

9. Max von Laube

Max von Laube Rookie

Heyho Mr. Git! So YOU're the one rocking this screen! At least one person found! It is hard to find any material about this specific monitor for simracing-(ab)use.
    So, you're the man!
    I think the form-factor of this thing is almost perfect!
    Could you help me out and tell me if ACC or maybe any other Sim out there has problems with that rather exotic 32:10 resolution?
    I'm driving in ACC, AC, R3E and am just giving iRacing a try (but I don't know..).
    Also: Are you missing the sync-feature here? How's the monitor holding up performance-wise?
    In short: Would you do it again?!

10. McGraw

McGraw Racer

40” 4K Panasonic TV. Picture quality Is amazing and I don’t really notice the lag.

may go VR next but with 50deg FOV and trackir I’m not desperate regardless of ACC.

will probably spend a load of money when flight sim 20 comes out.

11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I upgraded to the AOC C32G1 Monitor, I like it and it’s curved too:)

12. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

3 x Asus Rog Swift 1440p

13. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Rift S and triple screen (3x 27" 1440p AOC Q2790PQU) here, thought I mainly use VR for the better fov, the fact that it’s proper 3D and the higher immersion.

14. Perell0ne

Perell0ne Racer

55” 4K tv 60Hz, close enough to get FOV52. (Run smooth at 60fps with a RTX 2060 with minor tweaking).
    Not sure about the input lag since it’s not declared, but “measuring” (compared to the notebook with declared lag) shall be around 50ms. Never tested higher frame rate nor minor lag to judge how good or bad is it though.
    I tried triple once and immersion is way better, mostly in racing where you can spot where are the other cars around you.
    I’ve got Oculus and now Lenovo explorer, but for me are impossible to use. FOV too narrow ( you see just in front unless you turn your head) and picture quality is too low for me: in oculus cannot read text (motec data for example) but see a bunch of pixel; acceptable in Lenovo but the sweet spot is too small and any text at edges is so blurry you can’t read it.

15. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Is that the FHD resolution or the UHD?
    I am very curious because I may upgrade in December to that monitor?

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

16. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

FHD, I haven't really adjusted many settings out of the box. Highly recommend.

17. f_deutsch

Thanks for answering. Sounds great.
    With that size and pixel density, do you see any pixelation? What FOV are you able to use?

18. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Nah no pixilation that my old eyes can see :)
    FOV is 47 and adjust height & distance, but I always sometimes tweak FOV even more. I personally don't like the fov calculators but that's me.

f_deutsch likes this.
  19. f_deutsch

Thanks, thats good to know. One of my concerns going to a wider/bigger monitor is a higher resolution that could result in less fps performance. Keeping on FHD would not be an issue but was concern about the visibility of pixel size.

bgil66 likes this.
  20. 15" laptop monitor.