1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I guess he means the Boxer Cup in AMS. Still the best Porsche Cup car in my opinion as well, but I haven't tried the rF2 or R3E versions yet.

sherpa25 likes this.
  2. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Because it's realistic? Why would anybody want bumps on a track that is smooth in real life?

Ace Pumpkin and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  3. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

When track was scanned it was not smooth.
    We are lucky we got proper version, bumps and irregularities give character and add another immersion element.
    I understand if people want to drive on smooth surface on a real track but in a sim it is boring.

4. Jebus

Jebus Alien

And that is just your opinion, which I 100% disagree.

I don't need my wheel to shake and rattle to be immersed.

5. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

If I had motion rig with shakers I would probably change my mind.
    Until then wheel is my only tactile feedback so more of it means more fun to me.

Boris Lozac likes this.
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I seek out Sim-tracks with challenging terrain and lots of bumps. I just wish more attention was paid to car behavior, especially where the drivetrain is concerned. iRacing may be the only title to provide the behavior that makes bumps dangerous under certain conditions where momentary loss of traction related to drive-train oscillations keeps you on your toes. The ultimate rough track may be Sebring though, and that one is brutal in real life.

7. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

8. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

M2 Clubsport + N-Ring - its magic. Too bad the S397 is so lazy. After all, their engine has so many possibilities and such FFB. It is surprising that it has not become an adequate game, and still remains a tool.

But I am satisfied. I bought Endurance Pack/AMR GTE+McLaren Senna/BMW M2 Clubsport + Sebring + N-Ring and Le Mans - all these DLCs are fantastic.

I used to just hate RF2, but it's basic content. I think S397 was supposed to make a new game, not fix the crutches of the old one. Like Kunos did with ACC.

Stains likes this.
  9. romandevision

romandevision Simracer