1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What screen are you using for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Stekelly1980, Apr 13, 2019.

?

What type of screen are you using for ACC?

1. Super ultra wide monitor 32:9 (chg90 etc)

11.8%
  2. Ultra wide 21:9

19.2%
  3. Wide screen 16:9

36.8%
  4. Triple screen

14.3%
  5. Vr headset

17.2%
  6. Dual screen

0.7%
  1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Using a 32” also but UHD, and planning to get 2 more (if I manage to find the space as my stand holds only upto 27”) to run triples but in FHD. Was wondering too how a 32” would be at FHD, w/c I’m guessing might be fine for sims.

2. dave967

dave967 Racer

3. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

I decided to go with the Samsung CRG9 (1440p, 120hz). Quite happy with it, honestly. What is most annoying is that I cannot understand if ACC will eventually allow the movement of the apps, because having them on the far edges of the screen is annoying to me. I'd rather have them more towards the centre.

Racert46 likes this.
  4. dave967

dave967 Racer

5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

@dave967 Are you a bot?
    Your first 3 and only posts have all the same content.

6. dave967

dave967 Racer

do you have a pic of what the apps look like on your monitor?

7. dave967

dave967 Racer

I didn't know there was a forum rule to diversify your 1st 3 posts amongst different content... I will now begin to diversify...lol...should I come back here and show you my next post on another topic?

grandepunto likes this.
  8. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

You can't move them individually, but you can move them all more towards the center by adjusting safezoneLeft and safezoneRight in your hud.json under Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config.

Atak_Kat likes this.
  9. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

oooooh...... i will research and try that. Any link to a how-to that you might know???

10. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

I don't have a link. Increasing "safezoneLeft" simply increases the gap between the left edge of the screen and the left-side apps, vice versa for "safezoneRight".

Atak_Kat likes this.
  11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Yeah I think you'll be good with 32@FHD, ACC looks great!

sherpa25 likes this.
  12. ozzyneil

ozzyneil Gamer

I'm surprised most are using 16:9 monitors, I thought they were just a novelty :)

13. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Indeed. 32:9 is where it’s at

14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Is it this one you are using?
    Samsung C43J89

If so, could you post any photos/videos of it with ACC please?
    How do you find it?
    I have one in my basket at the moment with Ebuyer for £529 and still hovering over the 'buy' button.

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Same here. Awesome screen, if you ask me. :)

Atak_Kat likes this.
  16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The Asus Rog Strix 49" doesn't really do anything that the C49HG90 can't do.
    Possibly even uses the same Samsung panel (but different illumination).

Since the Samsung is cheaper I don't really see why you would rather buy the Asus instead.

17. McGraw

McGraw Racer

Nah, if I’ve got a 49” super wide I may as well have a 49” 4K.

anything other than 16:9 is a novelty.

18. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Really not sure how you come to that conclusion. a 49" ultrawide gives an excellent amount of visibility and you can have it right up close. Watch any of the esports competitions, they're using them now. Each to their own of course, but I love mine.

19. McGraw

McGraw Racer

a 49” 16:9 screen has a bigger diagonal than a 49” 32:9 screen even when forced into 3840*1080. The screen area is getting on for double the size.

I’ve tried running an UltraWide res in a 49” screen but can’t see the point.

If you’re going to have a big (wide) monitor on your desk, what’s the point of losing half your vertical screen space and resolution?

20. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Or in actual fact, an identical diagonal length of... 49"!