1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Ultra wide can´t be compared with a triple experience. (Except you have 3 of them).

FX2K and Coanda like this.
  2. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Allthough great not the actual replacement for tripples. The angle is to low for the vieuw on the sides that makes tripples great for racing.

sps_for_race and Coanda like this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I was looking into something similar, the Samsung CRG9 120hz 32:9 5120 x 1440p however for the money you spend you still will not have the full peripheral side view. On GT3 cars both side mirrors would still be cut off...

sps_for_race likes this.
  4. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Move it closer :D

5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Then you still have no screen left or right from you or can you bend it that much?

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

One user here is running ACC with triples with different resolutions. As long as it is done in windowed mode apparently it can be done.. hmm I wonder what a 32" 1440p with 2 x 32" 1080p sides would be like.. Thats roughly half a million less pixels than 4k..

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

With a major pc upgrade I have my heart set on 3 x 1440p 32" @ 144hz.. I like the asus curved monitors however they are expensive. Is it weird or present any issue to run a centre monitor curved and two side monitors (viewsonic 1/2 the price) that are not curved?

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

... viewsonic do make curved 32" 1440p monitors however there curved series are not vesa mountable..

9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Technically is a mix of curved and flats no problem.

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

great! if you had the choice between 3 flats or 2 flat & 1 center curve what would you do?

11. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

very nice and somewhat affordable.. :cool:

I am interested in your thoughts on my arrangement, if you had to choose between the two options..

13. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

1 curved, 2 flats.

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

thanks mate I appreciate your opinion :)

sps_for_race likes this.
  15. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

I would not mix it. Different monitors will have different colour intensities. Could be a hell
    Off a job to get even.

menos | M6 and Gaetano Cammareri like this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Very true matey. Problem is money rules an odd decision like that.. I will see how much more I can plough into this dream as I am already way over budget haha.. :eek::confused:

17. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

If you are shopping for triple screens to plan to use them with ACC keep this in mind:
    1) You will be limited by resolution (GPU + CPU)
    Currently ACC really needs a very powerful GPU + CPU to drive large resolutions with good looking effects.
    I am running a fairly powerful spec but "only" drive three 27" 1080@60Hz with it.
    A 1080Ti + 8700K + 32GB 3200 RAM machine just about drives those three screens smoothly with large fields in bad weather during the night.
    A last gen top of the line NVidia GPU and the latest i9 CPU does not do significantly better.

I could not possibly imagine driving three 1444 @144 monitors with currently available CPU + GPU tech at high graphics settings (you really want most settings set to high and some key settings to epic to have ACC look great).

My advice: before splurging money on nicer monitors you need either latest spec GPU + CPU to at least have a chance to drive those higher resolutions.

2) you definitely want three IDENTICAL monitors, preferably from the same batch if you have eyes with good colour vision and ideally profile the three monitors. If you don't have those precision eyes, go ahead and mix and match monitors (personally it would drive me absolutely nuts)

3) you do not want ANY superwide aspect ratio as a center monitor at those current relatively small monitor sizes people usually buy for gaming (27" ~ish).
    The issue with all of these monitors is that with triple screen setups and close to proper FOV settings it will be impossible to see the entire windscreen, all mirrors AND your dash board as the vertical monitor dimension is simply much too small.
    Ideally you want much larger monitors (like 32"+) but getting that size with good quality panels is costly as you know.

4) Bezels, look for bezels!!! Sure once you get used to a certain bezel in your setup, your eyes "unsee" the bezels while racing but still it is really nice to have very slim vertical bezels and also important, a slim monitor depth at the vertical bezel so you can stack the monitors to further eliminate bezel width

I am still making do with three Asus 27" 1080@60Hz monitors as there simply are no

Coanda likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@menos | M6 - Thank you very much for the in depth post. I appreciate it.. :) I am planning a major upgrade which will be i9-9900K paired with a 2080 ti, Z390 mb & DDR4 3200 ram regardless of the triple screen resolution as my current CPU is getting on a little. The 1440p 144hz monitor I have my eye on is the Asus XG32VQR.. I will take yours and a few others advice and stick to one brand and type of monitor. I am still undecided about 3 x 1440p as I know it's on the limit and really pushing it for today's hardware + they are not cheap. That said SPS is running it on a 2080 at around 60 FPS with fairly high settings. One of the other reasons I would also like to do it is because when I play other games (not often) in single screen mode I will have a 1440p monitor. I guess I really want to upgrade to higher resolution because I have never gamed with one and I think it would be a real nice experience after looking at 1080p for almost 20 years.. I am a little worried that I might have some FPS issues though if I decide to go this way. I guess I want to be greedy for once however I would hate to sink a lot of cash into a 2080 ti and it can not handle it..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    menos | M6 likes this.
  19. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Does anyone have a Samsung 43" Ultra Wide monitor for ACC? What is it like?
    The 49" will be too wide I think.
    I already have 2 monitors for my desktop for general gaming and Photoshop, and mainly use VR for racing, however I want a monitor on my rig for game that don't support VR (its not close to my PC, so cant use my existing monitors).
    I thought I could plug it in the 4 gang extension I have so it only comes on when I switch my motion rig on.
    Seen a few reviews of the Samsung, but none by true 'simmers'.

3C0E40CE-DB85-40AA-B598-954A3D962A16.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  20. I had 43” Samsung 5760x1200 144hz for about a month. Ended up returning it because I had hundreds of pixels doing Christmas tree stuff on me.

Monitor itself worked ok for ACC. If you don’t care about proper fov it’s awesome. Needed to upgrade to rtx 2070 to run it.

After I returned it I decided that $900 is better to stay in my pocket and went back to triple 1080p 144hz asus that I had. Retired my vr set and ACC and got back into rf2 since that’s the only other title with ACC like car feel and proper triple support.

I’m really upset that I had to ditch ACC...

Gaetano Cammareri likes this.