1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Telemtry App, RacingSimTools.com

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Zeraxx, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Re car parameters, even though there is list of cars provided we still need to know/enter everything ourselves? If I load ACC shouldn't I have only the cars available in the game, some are missing eg lexus? The cars that are there are they correct? Also if I have to enter all my own parameters where would I find them?
    I realise I can create my own...

2. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Please read the manual, the drop down menu is explained in the manual. Its meant to be used in last ditch effort if you cannot find any car params. You need to enter the car params for every car. The game studios do not give out the car specific information such as IRs, wheelbases, track width which is why we cannot add them to the drop down and you need to calculate them. Which the manual explains on how to do.

3. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

I purchased the software to use it with ACC but I noticed that the parameters of the cars lack the Porsche GT3 Cup.
    In the next update, can you insert them?
    Thanks

4. viffviff99

viffviff99 Gamer

It might be just me, but I've lost wheel slip info in the diff tab for ACC - it constantly reports 199% slip give or take a tiny amount...

5. Bealdor

Bealdor Rookie

Your tire diameters are wrong (probably still set to the default 1mm). Please double check your car parameters.

6. viffviff99

viffviff99 Gamer

yep. Thanks Bealdor. There were no parameters set for the car. It is a shame there isn't a set of parameters for each car in ACC which we can load by default (like we can for PC2). The car list looks like the PC2 list, and I don't know how well it would read across to ACC (and some cars not there, like the Jag XKR GT3). It is possible to build a list for ACC (there aren't that many cars thankfully)?

buellersdayoff likes this.
  7. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

We would love to, however its unlikely. The reason we had the list for project cars 2 is the SMS devs worked with us and supplied us some of the the required info such as installation ratios, CG locations etc. If Kunos wished to work with us and give us that data we could 100% get an ACC drop down car menu. However they seem to be under some pretty tight NDAs so it will most likely wont happen unfortunately.

8. viffviff99

viffviff99 Gamer

thanks for the update Zeraxx. That's a shame. Maybe they might reconsider in future.

9. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Hey guys just wanted to give everyone an update in case you were wondering where we have been. Our last update was a month ago and we at RST strive to have a release every 2 weeks, that being said we are currently working on quite a few updates. One of them being a major overhaul to our track map systems. You will now be able to overlay 10 channels on the track map including time slip. Not only will you be able to overlay these new data channels you will also be able to compare two laps with a side by side track map which will give you a quick glance where the car is exhibiting certain behavior or where you can improve as a driver.

Additionally, the real world race season is starting back up so my time is becoming more and more limited with that being said we have 2 other developers working round the clock working on future updates. Also, I would like to mention this is what sets RST apart from any other sim racing telemetry software on the market. RST is developed by real life engineers bringing you real world data analysis to sim racing. RST takes care of the math channels for you, and with our excellent documentation and 24/7 support we promise you will learn more about car dynamics than you ever thought you would need to.
    [​IMG]

10. Chriss

Chriss Racer

That‘s what I was hoping for, really awesome news guys! With that we‘ll be able to get even more out of the analyses for ACC.

The race cars are looking slick as well :cool: is that a W204 DTM spec or similar?

11. Koppel

Koppel Gamer

I just purchased the ACC license. Do I understand correctly that out of the bag some of the graphs are nonsense because you have to input car parameters yourself?
    I have recorded a lot of data... can I input the car data after I have recorded things... because I didn't before.

12. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Yes you always need to make sure your car params match the setup of the car, you can do them after you record data, just on the session click on the "Car icon" to adjust them.

13. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Yep that is exactly what it is, the thing is fully sensored as well so I have lots of fun with the data analysis lol.

14. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Hey guys starting another video series. These videos are going to be unedited and are meant to show how I use the tool and things I'm looking at when setting up a car.

keith dixon and buellersdayoff like this.
  15. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

PUBLIC RELEASE 1.0.23

- Corrected PC2 Lap Logic, if doing a practice session and going back to the pits (without restarting the game session), it will set a new RST session instead of continuing the last session.

- Revamped the Track Map, you can now compare different laps on the track map, just check a "baseline" lap and select the lap you would like to compare.

- Track Map data now includes, Track States, Lat G, Speed, Brake/Throttle, Bumpiness, Differential Locking/Unlocking.

- The Strategy tool will now only analyze strategies you have entered data for, for example if you don’t want to analyze a two stop but you do want to analyze a one stop and a three stop, just don't enter any of the parameters in the interface for the two stop. The strategies that data is entered for will populate.

- Fixed issue where PC2 Car Params would sometimes resort to previous values.

- Changed the Icon on the "Load Car Params" to be the same icon as used elsewhere in the application.
    BrakenThrottle.png
    LatG.png

Chriss likes this.
  16. Doc3d

Doc3d Racer

I am one of the users that struggle with the parameters. I have read the manual and while (I think) I have my current car working I can’t help being annoyed this needs to be done on every car. For a noob like me, I spent the first night just trying to understand how to set the car up so the telemetry is correct, and I really don’t understand why this needs to be inserted manually.
    As a paying customer I can’t help but feel this initial setup should have been done already. If I buy a new car and the sales rep hands me a tire iron after signing and tells me that all I need to do now is get the wheels on the car then I’m good to go, I would have issues. Why can’t a given setup, for ex baseline aggressive setup be used and the initial values be saved for the car from the start? Even tho Kunos does not supply this data, following the instructions they can still be inserted, so why not do that before the customer gets his copy? If the values are setup sensitive, just inform that the current start values for any given car is based on the safe or aggressive setup and I’m pretty sure many, at least the total noobs like me would prefer that over having to do it for every car themself. I start from the aggressive end baseline anyways. So instead of x amount of users each battling this the devs could do it once and be done..?
    For a free tool I would expect this kind of shortcomings, but once I pay for something, the standards go up and I expect more from the developers.

Sorry if I sound overly critical, I just struggle with the reasoning and have so far had limited use of the software because of inability to fully understand how, what and why things are done manually. I think this tool has great potential and I’m sure it’s very helpful once set up, it just takes too much manual labor to get working, sort of :)

17. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Sorry you feel that way, we support 5 games currently, there’s no feasible way we could add all the in game default setups for every car for all of the supported games. On top of that Devs change them from time to time, and some games like ACC the defaults change depending on the track. In ACC there’s only a handful of parameters you need to enter so it’s really not a big deal.

If you were struggling you should have reached out to our discord or contacted me we also offer 24/7 support. So we could have helped you instead of you spinning your wheels.

Lastly your analogy about getting handed a incomplete product after you buy it is a bad one. The beauty of RST is we have done all the math for you, your not being handed a blank Motec worksheet or telemetry with raw data, we are taking that raw data and turning it into data you can actually gain setup insights from, to do that you need to tell the program the configuration the car is in. I do it in real life for my consulting work, and it’s exactly the same in the sim.

18. Doc3d

Doc3d Racer

Forgive me if I sound overly critical, I’m really not, it’s mostly jus a matter of convenience and I think the tool is good value for what you pay. I can understand you don’t agree, but like you said, you do this irl, so you have a major advantage over someone like me who know jack about this stuff. So it might be a handful of easy tweaks for you but it can still be difficult for someone like me. I can understand there are differences in the setups and cars, but I was under the impression most of the values you need to set are standard for the car and does not change regardless of track, I.e width of the tire or the wheelbase..? Surely these must be a known number per car even tho it’s not stated in the sim, and not be changed after being set once or have I misunderstood that part?

edit: the analogy might not be a good one, my point was that in that situation I was not handed the keys to a car ready to drive, and this holds true with the tool as well, having to search and find factors before the tool does what it’s made to do.
    I get that it’s hard making something powerful with limited access to data, I hope there is a easier way in the future.

19. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

We can definitely look into having a drop down menu for the static values in ACC. Let me add it to our list, I thought you meant all the setup values. That being said we do appreciate the feedback. We understand there is a learning curve and we are always trying to figure out ways to make it a little easier for those that might not know as much. Car Dynamics is a complex subject and were constantly trying to think of ways we can make it more accessible and present the information in a way that makes sense for most gamers so we do appreciate your feedback! I do encourage you to join our discord if you interested in learning, we present new tutorials as often as possible.

20. Doc3d

Doc3d Racer

I think I’m already there, just haven’t been very active. Been using the tool since pc2tuner. (Or rather, I’ve owned it since then. Never really used it much but appreciate the effort and bought the new mostly for support for you guys).

Zeraxx likes this.