1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #150 – W.H.C Number One hundred and fifty

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Here we go! It’s WHC 150!
    A very warm and excited welcome to the thread for the Weekly Hotlap Challenge #150 – WHC One hundred and fifty.
    Are you ready for a big one? WHC150 is 5 Challenges over 2 weeks!
    upload_2019-10-13_18-37-18.png
    On Sunday 3rd October 2016, John Gordon, posted the very first Weekly Hot Lap Challenge thread in the Console Lounge called “The devil wears Praga.” The title was one of the best ever and by this time 3 years ago, the first six players had posted a time for the first WHC hot lap.
    I have tried and failed to get in touch with John Gordon – there’s a reward for anyone that can! I’m sure he would be very proud to see his idea still going strong three years later. I’d love him to see it!
    Nonetheless, here is the picture he used for the very first final standings and it also reflects what we think of his idea! Top bloke!
    upload_2019-10-13_18-38-38.png
    To celebrate 150 WHCs, the WHC150 is a multiple challenge event – five varied challenges to tackle, over two weeks. Here’s a summary of the Challenges on offer, you’ll find all of the details below:

1. Qualify for the WHC150 Club - Achieve an average speed of 150mph around the Highlands Circuit!
    2. Classic Hotlap – 2 car choice - either with slicks and downforce, or without…
    3. Race – show off your overtaking skills!
    4. Concours d'Elegance – Just show off! It’s non-competitive, not very…

The details for each event are as below.

-----------
    Challenge 1. The WHC150 Club
    The Challenge: Beat the time of 2:01.500
    Car: Your choice
    Track: Highlands Original Layout
    upload_2019-10-13_18-39-22.png
    Challenge yourself, be the envy of your friends! Achieve an average speed of 150mph around the Highlands circuit to qualify for the WHC 150 Club. If you manage a lap time of 2:01.500 or less, which equates to an average speed of 150mph, you gain the honour and prestige of membership of the exclusive WHC 150 Club. Include this on your cv. You have a free choice of car, but your car choice determines your membership level as shown below:

Membership Level………….…Car Choice…………………………….………Recommended car
    ***Platinum……………Mas MC12, Tatuus, Any not below……...Mas MC12 GT1, Ferrari LaFerrari
    **Gold……..….………...Group Cs, Can-Ams…………………………..Merc Sauber C9, Porsche 917/30
    *Silver…..………….…..Post 80’s F1, single seat prototypes
    …………………..………..LM hybrids…………………......………........…Ferrari F2004, any F1 car, Exos Step1

Time guide – How fast do I need to be?
    Platinum: Only for the chosen few - Requires approx 5-10sec improvement on the RSR fastest time
    Gold: Will need an ace lap - Requires an RSR time of top 3 or better, in the case of the Sauber C9
    Silver: Manageable for all - An RSR top 20 time
    **Please only post your time once you have beaten the the 2 mins 1.5 secs time limit. Do not post times slower than this. Keep trying!
    Your membership level will be displayed in the weekly rankings.

How to take part - The WHC150 Club :

To enter, select Hotlap and choose any car in which you think you can beat the time of 2 minutes 1.5 seconds around The Highlands circuit.
    To enter you must beat the time of 2 minutes 1.5 seconds
    Please use Hotlap Mode, all other settings are Free
    Mode: Hotlap
    Time of day: Free Ambient Temp: Free Setup: Free -Assists: Free - Stability: Free

-------

Challenge 2.The Classic Hotlap
    Challenge: Hotlap – The Norsdchleifemeister
    Car - Either: Lotus 98T and/ or Nissan GT-R Nismo
    Track: Nurburgring Nordschleife
    upload_2019-10-13_18-41-50.png
    upload_2019-10-13_18-42-0.png
    The world’s most challenging race track, our favourite race track, with or without down force! AC enthusiasts are split fairly evenly between those who love downforce and those who don’t. So there is a choice of cars. Complete a hotlap in both for a combined time and be a Norsdchleifemeister! Both cars have plenty of power but otherwise are about as different as you can get.
    - The Lotus 98T, Ayrton Senna’s motor, with everything turned up to 11, is selected not only for its historical significance, but also for the way fifth gear is dismissed as easily and as fast as first! The acceleration is surreal and wild. All assists off…can you tame it?
    - The Nismo GT-R, - born from Gran Turismo, the gamer’s car turned into reality - heavy, very very rapid, thumps the road into submission, sounds epic, whilst feeling effortless. Crashes will be enormous. To focus your attention, in 2015 some plucky fellow drove a (heavily tweaked) GT-R Nismo around the Nordschleife in 7 mins 8.70 seconds.

How to take part - Hot lap:

To enter, select Hotlap, choose the Lotus 98T and/ or the Nissan GT-R Nismo and the Nordschleife circuit. You are are encouraged to run both! There will be a Norsdchleifemeister leaderboard for combined times.
    Please setup the session as shown below:
    Mode: Hotlap
    Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: 26 Degrees
    Setup: Free - Assists: Free - Stability: Free
    To qualify you must have the ambient temp set to 26 DegC.

--------

Challenge 3. The Race – A sting in the tail!
    The Challenge: 8 Lap Race
    Car: McLaren P1 GTR
    Track: Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
    upload_2019-10-13_18-43-12.png
    This Challenge is to set the fastest time, for a standing start, 8 laps, whilst having to pass slower opponents. Sound easy? It is a twitchy test of fast reactions, cool headedness and overtaking skills. The astonishing, eye-widening difference in power and speed between McLaren’s P1 GTR and the Abarth 595SS should make you laugh aloud! You should catch and lap the buzzing roadblocks at least 3 times in the 5-6 minutes it takes to cover the 8 laps. You will be hoping it is on the straight…

You must pass them cleanly. In testing, anything less than the merest graze sent you flying off…

Damage must be set to 100%, show respect and be courteous!
    Tyre and Fuel use also set to On for this Challenge.

Complete the 8 lap race unscathed and post your total time.* (*How to get the total time explained below)

How to take part – Race:

To enter, select Championship mode, set-up a race and select the McLaren P1 GTR and the Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.
    Please setup the session as shown below:
    Championship mode set -up:
    - Circuit: Brands Hatch Indy
    - 8 lap race
    - Practice and Qualifying are up to you
    - Your Car: McLaren P1 GTR
    - 6 opponents - Abarth 595 SS
    Race Set-up:
    - Opponent Level: Alien
    - Opponent Aggression: 100%
    - Time of day – Weather - Track Surface: Free
    - Ambient Temp: 26 Degrees
    - Penalties: On
    Car Setup:
    - Damage 100%
    - Fuel use: On
    -Tyre Wear: On
    - All else - Free
    *(To get total time, select "Session" from pit lane after the race and wait for about 1-2mins for all the cars to finish, your lap time displayed will then change to the total time for your race. Screen grab and post.)
    _____

Challenge 4. The W.H.C. Concours d'Elegance
    The Challenge: Show some real style
    Vehicle: Your choice
    The Prize: The Winner chooses the combi for WHC154
    upload_2019-10-13_18-48-23.png
    Zandvoort - WHC’s favourite circuit in your favourite car! Or if you have a better idea, choose your own circuit. Competition is not the goal - unless you want to challenge someone – it’s about letting rip, with your imagination, not the throttle. You can use a boat, bicycle, plane, car or multiple cars of your choice. Why not team up with another player? As before PC players are more than welcome to do laps with mod cars, boats or planes!
    This challenge is an exhibition, however entries will be judged to determine a winner. The forum will decide, @Lewisxbone and I have the final decision in case of an unclear result. The criteria for judgement are to impress, amuse and delight the members of the forum with your post – it can be by speed – eg: smash the existing RSR record - or an extraordinary vehicle, or by unusual style – eg: a drift lap of the Nordschleife using reverse gear or a selfie…?

A leaderboard will be posted for controversy. The winner will be asked to suggest a combi for WHC#154.

How to take part - Concours d'Elegance
    To enter do something at the Zandvoort circuit and post a pic or vid with explanation.
    Please setup the session as you wish!

:):):)
    Many thanks to @Moodyryrder who came up with the Keke Rosberg inspired, genius idea of the WHC150 Club. Many thanks to @Lewisxbone for testing the race idea months ago! Many thanks to @Hugo Catarino for the Concours d’Elegance idea introduced for WHC100. Many thanks to @Graveltrap for his time and cautious response, having sense-checked this post.:D

Deadline: Sunday 27th October 2019 - by 18:00 BST.

Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm. WHC 151 will be posted on Saturday 26th October shortly after 18.00BST

………………………….Posting your entries
    You can run in as many events as you like and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa. All Platforms are welcome.

Please mark your entries with the name of the Challenge:
    - WHC150 Club – Hotlap Lotus – Hotlap Nismo – Race - Concours

To apply for WHC150 Club membership or submit a Hotlap time
    - pause the game and select 'Session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used! Only enter the “WHC150 Club Challenge” if you have beaten the time limit.

To submit a Race Challenge time
    - set-up and complete the race. After the race, once your car has returned to the pit, pause the game, select "Session" and wait for about 1-2mins for all the cars to finish. At that point, the total elapsed time for your race will appear.

To enter the Concours d’Elegance, you can do what you like!

……………………Please use the following format to post your entry:

1. Challenge Name: WHC150 Club – Hotlap – Race - Concours
    2. Improvement (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    2 or 3. Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    4. Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    5. Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    6. The screen shot showing your time.
    7. (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts and comment

Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but, save for the Concours, without the correct format or session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Celebrate the WHC 150! Please join the WHC150 Club!
    Say a thank-you to John Gordon and raise a glass to him!

Then let's burn rubber... lots and lots of rubber!
    Happy 150th!:D

uelas_77, Tvvang, DonZmeuheu and 13 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

fly robin fly....

150_high_jump_3.jpg

150_high_jump_1.jpg

:confused:

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

WHC 150 Club
    Sissydriver
    pc

1 56 147 whc150 _1.jpg

Silver is where i belong ;)

5. Big congratulations @sissydriver!
    The first member of the WHC150 Club!!:cool::cool::cool:

PS - I think the Sauber C9 is the one to go for, amongst the Gold members is where you belong.:)

6. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Hotlap - Nismo GTR
    Leif
    PC

upload_2019-10-13_19-49-11.png

First lap was 7.31, went back and slightly adjusted the psi and second lap is what you see here

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Race
    Sissydriver
    pc

whc 150 race_3.jpg

:cool::cool:

whc 150 race_4.jpg

:p:p:p:p:p

and here is something really familiar to me. after a long and frustrating whc i normally do exactly that kind of race. i am in the f1 and the other ones in something emm.... different!

the result is good for my spiritual balance and my digestion!

:D:D:D

after totally messing up the qualifying i had to start from downtown...

whc150_racestart_1.jpg

luckily, my lightning-fast and razor-sharp precision reflexes saved me and I was able to reach the first corner in the lead

whc150_racestart_2.jpg
    *cough*cough*

;);):):)

edit:

*ouch*:(

6 opponents, not 8 ...:eek:

so there is room for improvement!! :cool:

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Hotlap
    Sissydriver
    pc

7 47 930 150 nords.jpg

three times in the barriers, one clean lap only....o_O

9. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Great Idea...not sure I'll have time to have a crack at everything, so I'm going straight for the:
    Concurs
    Mike Reynolds
    PC

Having added a Heusinkveld Sequential Shifter to my rig this week, I've been playing around with cars with a sequential stick shift, and in particular the RSR GT car mods. This one is the GT-N Ferruccio 36 V8 an absolute beast to drive and IMO the best sounding car in AC - Driven around Road Atlanta at night

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  10. That's big and hairy-chested! Great style. A frisson of menace too.
    Very nice indeed, you can really feel those shifts being banged home:)

11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Concours d'Elegance
    V8_KB
    PC
    Ford Mustang Boss 302 HPE650 @ Laguna Seca

Since you can post a video instead of the usual screen for this part of the WHC 150 (looking at the two posts above mine) and it doesn't say it has to be recorded after the challenge is posted, I guess I can participate in the #150 after all. Not in a way I'd wish, but still. ;)

Congratulations and thanks to all of you taking care of the WHC in the past years, making it an enjoyable experience for us.

12. Neilski

Neilski Alien

ROFLMAO! Nice choice of opponents there :D

13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@V8_KB - sounds like you are not able to do sim racing atm?? :(

Hugo Catarino and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  14. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

I really wanted to do the race challenge but I have a technical problem if anyone can help. I did setup the race but for some reason I have to do 2 other races to unlock mine? Any idea anyone? Maybe it's an Xbox issue. Thanks

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  15. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Think I got it

365gt, Totall Wrytoff and sissydriver like this.
  16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

pc is too different (especially with content manager), sorry, cant help (if necessary any more) :(

17. When you are setting the championship up, in the Track selection section, highlight the Brand Hatch race and it's either R1 or L1 to move the selected race upwards or downwards.:)

18. Good to see you @V8_KB and again, another real bruiser of a car. I lked the way you were veeeery gently feeding the power in on the corner exits!
    I hope you get your equipement sorted out soon, we want you back!

Neilski, V8_KB, Lewisxbone and 3 others like this.
  19. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@Totall Wrytoff ,but monsieur you are spoling us:p.Hopefully I will manage a challenge or four. Good to see the banter continuing:DThanks to the others for this weeks ideas;)

Hi to all the oldies and to the newies;),hope you are all well and good:)

20. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

May I suggest a 5th challenge,Poo Sticks!!! i might get into the top 5,i was good at thato_O:confused:

21. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

WHC 150 club

Lewisxbone
    XB1

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk