1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Creating a Wiki for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by surtic86, Oct 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Hi @all,

All the time im stumble over some Posts where People ask for Basic stuff and then we need to Link them into a Forum Topic where somewhere in a Post his Answer ist.

What would you think if we all Build together a Wiki with all Basic to Advanced stuff? One Place we have all the needed Information about creating a Server / Configure it and how to make a good Car Setup.

Who would be willing to write some Parts?

1. The Devs from Kunos host the Wiki and allow the Community to write.
    2. We create a Wiki over https://gamepedia.com
    3. We host ourself a Wiki (I could do that)

What do you think?

Edit:
    We are now Hosting a MediaWiki instance on our own and building up a Wiki for ACC under www.acc-wiki.info. Feel free to Join and help us fill the Wiki with all "necessary" Infos.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    uff_, Claponi, Schaefe and 13 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools Web-Based ACC Setup Tool for Sharing and Creating Setups May 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Acc ps5 crashes when creating or joining multiplayer Feb 21, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Custom Liveries - Reshading when Creating DDS Files Nov 17, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Trouble with creating Hello World App May 11, 2022
    Bug reports Bug while creating the server Feb 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Creating Fuel Strategy Spreadsheet, any thoughts on features? Dec 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Creating server with Virgin SHUB 3.0 Jul 27, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Help Creating a Server Apr 21, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Creating custom championships/career Mar 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer ACC's "netcode" creating alternate realities. Dec 19, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Problems creating 2018 DTM HUD Feb 9, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI cars following slowly a damaged car, creating the train Sep 13, 2018
    General modding discussion What settings to use when creating .dds MIP maps for trees Sep 3, 2018
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Creating a Dial for a Compass Jan 20, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues doubt creating a remote server Dec 24, 2017

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Depends on how much information the wiki is supposed to contain, I'm not sure there are that many pages that'd have to be created about ACC. Most of it is probably already stickied info in sections on this forum.

Also, ideally that info should be available in the software itself. Not really into the idea of putting work in a wiki if and so long that is the case.

4. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

As much Information as Possible from Hotkeys to how to create Liveries or perfect FFB with LUT File.

Just searching for this stuff you get nuts in a Forum (in this Forum). Mot time when you use the Search you finde Threads where People talk since 50 Sites over this but you can't finde how it is really don. There should be the Wiki to get the correct Information without searching in Threads.

Sure would be nice to have much Informations in the Game itselfs. But we know that is not gonna Happen.

devil in me likes this.
  5. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Neilski likes this.
  6. Proody

Proody Racer

emerson 2 likes this.
  7. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Do you know the Creator of the Document? The good thing on a Wiki-Software is you can make it Multilingual.

8. max21

max21 Racer

I think it's a great idea, as already written in this post: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-manual.60368/ the lack of documentation is becoming a big limit to the use of ACC, it is necessary however that the developers support us, to avoid working in duplicate.

surtic86 likes this.
  9. Pentti Juola

Pentti Juola Rookie

10. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Sure they need to make Money... nothing is for free. So thats why my first Suggestion is to get hosted by Kunos. But i can also do the Job as you seen my "Test" Wiki.

Just to let you know there is also a Tracking installed but its from me and Anonymised.

11. max21

max21 Racer

Without going far, we could use a new dedicated section of this forum, perhaps with sub-threads for each chapter, for example.

12. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

@max21 The benefit of a Wiki Software is that everyone can make changes to the Page. On a Forum there you have most times Problems to realize this because normally just the Topic Owner can make changes to the Post.

And there are also other benefits. Like Translations, see changes, automatic creating of table of contents and so on.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  13. max21

max21 Racer

Sure, wiki is a better tool.
    It could be that the administrators of this forum can enable more users to modify a specific thread, thus obtaining both the control over the concession of those who can write (let's say more experienced users ...) and the possibility of updates by various users.

14. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Yes sure you can make this.

But i think Setting up a real Wiki is the right way to do it. Also to handle the Translations is nice don on the Mediawiki (Wikipedia) Software.

Dedicated-Servers - ACC Wiki (Unofficial)_2019-10-17_09-29-29.png Translate - ACC Wiki (Unofficial)_2019-10-17_09-29-02.png

15. max21

max21 Racer

I agree.

16. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

I can contribute for my language, in Italian.

surtic86 likes this.
  17. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Informed Information on ACC would be welcomed. Do new users even know that a larger number means more air in the tires?

18. Turk

Turk Alien

That's a problem throughout the setup screen, tool tips would be more useful but a note in any wiki would be helpful too.

I think a checklist would be good for people like me that get to excited to remember everything and just hit the track only to discover I didn't put enough fuel in, or forgot to set the pressure on my 2nd set of tyres.

EsxPaul likes this.
  19. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

20. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Neilski likes this.
  21. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

Will it have a section explaining how to set up and what can be set up in a online server?