1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. DrFugazi

DrFugazi Rookie

Hi @Minolin, All,

few bugs which I found in last (and previous) versions of server - game release 1.0.10, server version 253:
    1. Second Qualification session do not set grid for R2. I set: FP, Q, Q, R, R and the grid for the R2 was from Q1 - this probably is not working from v1.0.7 game release.
    2. When forceEntryList is set to 1 and entry list is in place, there is no PlayerId in results json files anymore. Without entry list the results are fine.
    3. When forceEntryList is set to 1 and drivers are in entry list - according the docs - SA rating should be omitted for them, but it still works. I needed to lower SA rating to allow them to enter the server.

Best Regards, Piotr.

2. gijzijtdood

gijzijtdood Rookie

Hi @Minolin,All,

In the result files, the playerID is frequently missing. This is bad for making leaderbords because this is the only unique parameter per driver.
    Is this a bug that will be adressed or is this ment to be?

Kind regards.

Piret2000 likes this.
  3. We also got "yellow thunderstorm" the full weekend, and actually had to red-flag our online race and reset the server to be run dry, because we could not complete a single lap under that weather, and we did not know a way to avoid a thunderstorm apart from running a dry session...

Previously the conditions seemed to be working more or less as desired (it could all be a placebo when the server weather ends up meeting the expectations set up), so a more in-depth explanation about how the weather configuration changed would be welcome, so we look forward to the next update of the handbook :)

That said, thank you as always guys, for all the work you are putting into making this game so diverse in terms of options, as it is already unparalleled today compared to others!

DiRTMark and martcerv like this.
  4. DiRTyDRiVER

DiRTyDRiVER Hardcore Simmer

Quote Admin Manual:
    trackTemp
    Obsolete: Track temperatures are always simulated based on ambient temperature, sun angle, clouds and other aspects.

5. @lbert

@lbert Rookie

Hi to all,

I need some help creating my own server. I execute accserver but received a resetting event type message in comand window and don't know the reason. I set first P event day 1 at 10h but server start at 23h...

Log comand:

Server starting with version 253
    Starting server TTserver
    SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.893701
    Track barcelona was set and updated
    Event changed
    SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.943822
    Significant change detected, updating lobby (1|1)
    Resetting weekend to friday night
    SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.939940
    Listening to TCP 9232 | UDP 9231
    Trying to connect to lobby (0 times, interval 10000 s)
    Session changed: Practice -> Practice 0
    Detected sessionPhase <waiting for drivers> -> <waiting for drivers> (Practice)
    TCP connect returns: 0
    RegisterToLobby succeeded
    Sent lobby registration request for barcelona
    Lobby accepted connection
    Lobby accepted connection
    TCPQueue now: 4
    New TCP incoming pakSizeMax, 0 => 2
    Updated lobby with 0 drivers

My event.json is attached on the post and config below:

{
    "serverName": "TTserver",
    "adminPassword": "",
    "trackMedalsRequirement": 0,
    "safetyRatingRequirement": -1,
    "racecraftRatingRequirement": -1,
    "password": "",
    "spectatorSlots": 0,
    "spectatorPassword": "",
    "maxClientsOverride": 10,
    "dumpLeaderboards": 1,
    "isRaceLocked": 1,
    "allowAutoDQ": 1,
    "shortFormationLap": 1,
    "configVersion": 1
    }

Thanks in advance for your help,

Attached Files:

6. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

Dear server admins, do you have problems with driver swaps?
    We tested them week ago and in 2 hours we did only 2 successful swaps. 5 teams tried to change driver every lap, but any time we had some different bugs. For example, UE crashes, empty car, which standing without any driver and others. But some guy on the facebook said to me, that they made 3 hours races without any problems. Well..I thought, maybe i making something wrong? Do you have discribed problems?

kro likes this.
  7. Rolz

Rolz Alien

We’ve had crashes and everything with driverswaps... still not fully working from our experience

kro likes this.
  8. kro

kro Simracer

You have P1 & Q on the same day..

Try setting P= day 1, Q = day 2 , race = day 3 ..
    This is how kunos set up the race weekend ,3 day event fri- sat -sun

@lbert and Rolz like this.
  9. @lbert

@lbert Rookie

Hi kro,

Thanks for your fast response. I try the settings you propose and check it.

Regards,

Update

Same result... I tried to set 3 days event and return same error message, first day resetting to night (and I set 17h)...

I attached log information and new event.json file:

0: Server starting with version 253
    0: Starting server TTserver
    0: ==ERR: preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds (60) has been set to 80s, 621155008 seconds are too low for public Multiplayer
    0: SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.930790
    0: Track barcelona was set and updated
    0: Event changed
    0: SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.927437
    0: Significant change detected, updating lobby (1|1)
    0: Resetting weekend to friday night
    0: SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.922771
    0: Listening to TCP 9232 | UDP 9231

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  10. kro

kro Simracer

something looks odd with your event files .. try this :

"track": "barcelona",
    "preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 60,
    "sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
    "ambientTemp": 20,
    "trackTemp": 20,
    "cloudLevel": 1.0,
    "rain": 0.0,
    "weatherRandomness": 0,
    "configVersion": 1,
    "sessions": [{
    "hourOfDay": 17,
    "dayOfWeekend": 1,
    "timeMultiplier": 1,
    "sessionType": "P",
    "sessionDurationMinutes": 20
    }, {
    "hourOfDay": 10,
    "dayOfWeekend": 2,
    "sessionType": "Q",
    "sessionDurationMinutes": 10
    }, {
    "hourOfDay": 13,
    "dayOfWeekend": 3,
    "sessionType": "R",
    "sessionDurationMinutes": 20
    }]
    }

11. gijzijtdood

gijzijtdood Rookie

Hi @Minolin,All,

Please release an rcon tool for server controle. The community is ready for it ;-)

Regards,

A big fan...

12. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Is there still no Rest API for the Server or anything like this?

icemanzp likes this.
  13. @lbert

@lbert Rookie

Hi againg kro,

Thanks for your help. I will come back with news after I will try new settings.

Regards,

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Usually I was quite late keeping this handbook updated. Please allow me to overcompensate this time, and already hand out the new handbook v4 for the upcoming 1.1 version.
    Main changes are 2019 tracks and the now fully functional pitstop rule toolset.

Filip Janota, cestcomi, Rolz and 6 others like this.
  15. kro

kro Simracer

@Minolin I have a question regarding the pit stop rules in the manual it shows like this :
    Desktop Screenshot 2019.10.22 - 11.12.04.80.jpg don't we need this line > "raceMandatoryPitstopType": 1,
    anymore??
    Thanks !

16. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

Question about the cars vs BoP changes:
    How do the BoP updates for the older cars fit into multiplayer? For example, in the new handbook there's no distiction between the 2018 cars with 2018 BoP and 2018 cars with 2019 BoP. Will the track choice (2018 vs 2019) determine which BoP is used in multiplayer?

EDIT: Nevermind, got my answer here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ACCompetiz...infos_on_how_they_are_dealing_with_cars_that/

Also, is there any chance for the manual start command to be converted/moved into a server config option instead (obviously something that would only apply on passworded servers)?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Daniel Monteiro likes this.
  17. Minolin

Aeh no, I think that's a value from the preview, right? Manu reworked the pitstop rules infrastructure completely and now MP has included everything needed to run it. Forget all you've seen before :D

Yes. You can use the figure that from now on, you select both a track and a season context ('18 or '19) together with the track. Aris applied some magic that all cars then find their correct BoP, or at least something that allows every car to race while avoiding "weird" situations like having an old car ruining a field of 2019 entries - in doubt, the wrong BoP will be on the lower end for sure. But overall, this means "think less, drive more" :D

At some point, yes. Just a matter of time/todo list / effort.

Daniel Monteiro, kro and baakstaff like this.
  18. kro

kro Simracer

Ok thanks ! one can assume now that when simply setting the pit window turns it off & on ?

19. Minolin

Base is either the mandatoryPitstopCount, or the maxStint time - two different things to control pitstop rules. The window is additional flavor for 1 mandatory pitstop.

kro likes this.
  20. Rolz

Rolz Alien

so still no forced pits on pub servers?

Captain Barracuda likes this.