1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BOP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by redlinemotorsport.co.uk, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Here are my Zandvoort times with each 2019 spec car:

Conditions - hotlap, 25% cloud cover, 20 degrees celsius avg ambient temp, optimum grip level

1. Porsche 911.2 GT3 R - 1:34.434 (Potential 1:34.1)
    2. (+0.387) Ferrari 488 - 1:34.821
    3. (+0.636) Lexus RCF - 1:35.070
    4. (+0.708) Aston Martin Vantage - 1:35.142
    5. (+0.786)Audi R8 EVO - 1:35.220
    6. (+0.825) Nissan GTR - 1:35.259
    7. (+0.849) Mercedes AMG - 1:35.283
    8. (+0.912) BMW M6 - 1:35.346
    9. (+0.981) Lamborghini Huracan EVO - 1:35.415 (Could be couple tenths slightly faster)
    10. (+1.035) Bentley Continental - 1:35.469
    11. (+1.062) McLaren 720s - 1:35.496
    12. (+1.071) Honda NSX EVO - 1:35.505
    13. (+1.194) Lamborghini Huracan (Last gen) - 1:35.628

Porsche is wayyyyy too quick! lol, Ferarri is pretty speedy too. The Honda is hard to drive with that turbo lag. The rest of the field is super duper close.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  2. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Oh god unleashed drivers is here making my laptimes useless BUT Thankfully i got one for brands hatch on porsche 991.2
    Cloudy conditions and aggressive preset.

Porsche 991.2 Brands.jpg

3. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

From my own tests the AMG is capable of topping that table.

4. Chriss

Chriss Racer

That is a VERY good sign for Kunos‘ BOP! Everybody can be fast in the car of his/her liking... my guess is that if any, Ferrari and AMG may be a bit „undervalued“ in our table. These can also be very competitive.

5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Especially ferrari because that car has too much rear wing and 0 bump stop range hurts the balance.
    Overall ferrari aggressive setup is still pretty understeery.
    I always go down 2 click on rear wing and add minimum 3 clicks on front bumpstop range.

6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Porsche is extremely quick i agree.
    I got a question for you
    Do think that porsche is carrying even more apex speed than ferrari?
    especially brands hatch last turn and T1
    porsche apex speed is higher plus it uses much less road plus it has less understeer than ferrari despite carrying atleast 3km/hr more on those 2 turns
    Also on zolder T1 porsche is nearly 2 km/h faster apex speed than ferrari.

7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Remember, BOP it’s not the same on every track. A car being the best in one track, can be the worst on another (while still remaining very close)

Also there have been some silent updates in v1.1.1 for Lexus and Mclaren especially at Nurb. So even closer ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Please do share these stuff as well, otherwise we would be clueless why the cars suddenly got slower or faster.
    Thanks.

deadmeat2k and tw1st like this.
  9. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Don't know why you didn't publish such things in the update log...

Epistolarius likes this.
  10. Chriss

Chriss Racer

I would think because it was really really minor adjustment :)

These cars are still very fast on „their“ tracks so... all good

11. david m

david m Racer

please lets no complain cos devs make sim better. ..its hilarious. Devs can do whatever they think is better for his product without having to explain everysingle detail to people in a forum.

sorry tu quote you tw1st, I dont have anything against you, just I used it to express my personal opinion in this thing;)

tw1st likes this.
  12. tw1st

tw1st Racer

No worries :) It's just your opinion :)

Don't take my thoughts to agressive but as a 100% sim-racing game these changes should be published imo. For example these small changes could affect the car choices for many players.

Epistolarius, SimGuy_1 and david m like this.
  13. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Definitely, all these people who are doing short races are really missing out. Full length stints are where this game really comes into its own for me. I've done a number of multi hour endurance races now in the old 911, and have just started the 12 hours of Spa (with 2x time acceleration) and the way the tyres and car work over the stint is incredible.

Really noticeable right after a pit stop, even though you are now on full tanks, is the front end grip - conveyed beautifully by the force feedback . Just don't be too greedy otherwise you'll take too much life out of the tyres for later in the stint. This lasts for maybe the first 15 minutes/30 litres of the stint at which point you start to get some drop off. You're then treading water through the middle part of the stint until you have burnt enough fuel off that you start to pick up some pace again towards the end of the stint, (last 20 minutes/40 litres). What's great when playing against the AI is that different drivers/cars seem to have different strengths at various parts of the stint which means you might be closing down the car in front at the start, then they pull away in the middle and then you start reeling them back in at the end. Gives a wonderful dynamic to the racing :)

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

As a simracer: yes this is largely underestimated. A 10 or 20 minute race does not even cover half of what ACC is good at. Going a full stint lifecycle of a tyre is a completely different game, with so much depth - @Aristotelis and the other physics guys did such a good job here. Individual car performances balance out even better, and the way to approach a longer race stint is much more realistic than trying to chain a handful Q laps.

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Did a 90 min race last week against a few aussie blokes that knock around here. It was great, realy enjoyed the mental side of the stint..

popo87 likes this.
  16. My own findings around Zandvoort, getting some more experience with ACC and their cars.
    5- 10 laps with each car with small adjustments from aggressive preset setup. Only 4 laps with both of the fastest cars Jaguar and Porsche. Some more laps with the new Aston and Mclaren since I drove those before I decided to make this test with all cars and therefore no sector times (is there a way to find those sector times afterwards?).

The fastest cars for me are also those where I feel further away from the limit and there is most potential for improvement. Especially the updated Porsche, Jaguar and Ferrari.

Lexus feels the easiest and the fastest, but it isn't for me.

Biggest surprises are the 2 Bentleys, where the new one is completely useless in my hands but the old one is quite competitive. And Jaguar, has it always been so good?

Zandvoort.png

17. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I noticed that there is no laptime for spa so in my testing i got following time (on same conditions as stated by OP)->>
    20191027162721_1.jpg

some mistakes so even with preset aggrssive setup it can reach 2:17:8

On custom low wing setup it can go as low as 2:17:5->>

Porsche 991.2 spa.jpg

18. planinggg

planinggg Gamer

AMG is slower than Porsche and Audi on Zanvoort for example. I’ve tried a lot of times with this 3 cars, the result is always the same.

19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I have noticed one thing that old porsche is carrying more speed on straight after eau rouge than new porsche.(despite being slow in throughout eau rouge climb)
    Also more speed at T18(the flat out left hander)
    Anyone else notice this?

20. Updated the first post. :)