1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Graphics and Performance Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by MonzterPixel, Oct 29, 2019.

1. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

Hello everyone, in the forum so far there is no special thread to discuss graphics and performance, welcome.

You guys of the forum believe that in the future we will see improvement in performance and in low and medium graphics, currently with the 1.1 in ACC there was an important improvement which I deeply appreciate, I ask because even if you have the graphics in epic or high leftovers still appear Suddenly, the trees change graphic quality as I approach, and not to mention that in low and medium graphics there is still a lot of blinking, although I have achieved a pretty good configuration leaving the shadows to a minimum with triple screen runs at 27/30 fps with 25 cars in the rain all this with a sapphire r7 370 4gb this is really impressive.:D:D:D:eek:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC on PS4 Pro low graphics Jun 24, 2020
    Screens & Videos ACC Mirror Graphics are Reality Jun 1, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Guide to Graphics Settings and Performance in ACC Oct 25, 2019
    ACC General Discussions [BUG] ACC - Tyre Temp Graphics Oct 12, 2018
    XBox One Discussions graphics and performance are UNACCEPTABLE Aug 26, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Game not accepting graphics changes? (issues with xbone pad) Jul 3, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports ACC Restrictor parameter Feb 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024

3. Turk

Turk Alien

Yes, when I buy a new graphics card. :D

Graphics tweaks and optimisations probably aren't going to bring any massive performance improvements. There are some bugs in game like the stutter when people join a server, I expect things like that to get fixed so the sim runs smoother and maybe brings a few extra FPS, but if I want to start turning on extra effects and bump my pixel density in VR I'm going to need a better card. Looking at a 2070 at some stage over the next month or so.

4. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

One thing i would like to have is even lower settings on some of the graphics.
    I mean i don't care anything aside from track, there are still way too many useless trackside objects animation costing performance, Yes even if turning it off gives me just 5 fps boost i will still lower it.

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  5. dave967

dave967 Racer

The game is stunning on my 3440x1440 monitor. I have a core I7 5820 stock clocked, 16 gigs of ram and an RTX 2070 ultra. everything on epic including antialiasing I get 75-85 fps.

MonzterPixel likes this.
  6. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

in recommended requirements for the game says that with an amd radeon rx 580 is enough for the game, the gtx 1070 is the closest to this amd card, will it be enough for triple screen and vr? I'm about to buy it the other month. :D
    Does anyone work with rx 580 on triple monitor?:):)

7. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

If your triple monitors are 8" and 1024x600 I'm sure it'll be fine.

Micii1, CmdrCody, sissydriver and 2 others like this.
  8. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

On the contrary, I want the low and medium settings to be better because they hardly give any graphic damage, such as the shadows or the distance of the shadows and the arbloes still appear suddenly and everything moves in a psychedelic way:confused::confused:

9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Don't be offended by what i'm about to say
    If you notice such things while driving or racing you are not going fast enough.

10. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

do you use the rx 580 card? I currently run ACC at 1336x768 for each monitor that is 1080 and does not look bad in low quality, the only thing I would like to know if the rx 580 8gb is enough for triple screen and vr:rolleyes:

11. Turk

Turk Alien

I have a 1070 but my CPU is a 8086k. I run in VR and I can only run it with low settings, I only have something like 10 cars on screen at any time, my rear view mirror is limited to only show a certain distance, pretty much all effects on low. On a single screen my PC would be more than enough to max most settings I think. In VR I'm getting 45fps. It sometimes goes higher when I'm alone on the track but it's basically 45fps on average. It's a useable 45fps, it's stable but I'm not really happy with it. I feel like I'm loosing out on a lot of the details, especially rain effects. Cars can sometimes appear out of nowhere because of my limited mirror. A lot of the spectacle of seeing the cars line up is gone because I can't see them.

I don't know if triples are more or less intensive, but for VR the 1070 really struggles. It would be worth seeing if you can at least stretch to a 1080 even if it's second hand, or taking another look at the RTX line, I don't know how the lower end cards stack up but I'd assume they're newer so are better.

I haven't had any issues in other VR titles, but I don't play other games, so all that matters is ACC performance.

MonzterPixel likes this.
  12. McGraw

McGraw Racer

I run at 4k downscaled to 70% on my 4790k/1070.

With everything looking as I want it I can hold 60fps in the day/clear but trees kill it for me even at the lowest setting.

Brands hatch is unplayable and certain sections of Spa struggle.

Trying to figure out if anything other than a resolution change sorts it whilst still being bearable.

13. McGraw

McGraw Racer

There are plenty of straights where you get chance to enjoy the scenery, especially if you are comfortably in the lead.

MonzterPixel likes this.
  14. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

thanks for the info

15. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

It's true, I'm not going fast enough, normally my average at Monza is at 1:51 the same way that doesn't justify a graphic problem, I know they'll fix it:D

16. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

I also play at 70% resolution in 4k but I reach 27/30 fps with r7 370 4gb, I don't know why I think there would be a major performance update since the graphics card recommended for the game should work perfectly in the game to the maximum 4k quality

17. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I think ACC or what will came next, will shine even more in the future ones the graphics hardware evolve.
    The U4 prove to be the right choice with features like the possibility to set the resolution up to 200%, the multi light sources, the atmospheric simulation and who knows the real time ray trace.

mr Switchblade likes this.
  18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I know that these 2 things are not related i was just joking, thanks for having a laugh.

MonzterPixel likes this.
  19. jesker

jesker Gamer

it's an italian video but you can see how it perform on a 1080 Ti and oculus rift, i think it can be very hard to run a triple screen or VR on GPU less powerful than a GTX 1080.

there is a GPU benchmark topic with some useful data, a graphic settings description topic and a screen/vr topic, all of these are rich of informations.

20. ShObiTho

ShObiTho Rookie

I was doing it with an RX 570 with 5760*1080 resolution and 70% Capped at 35fps, dropped the triplets for ACC because I need 60fps!

MonzterPixel likes this.
  21. Briklebritt

Briklebritt Simracer

Try racing with 20 opponents and then check fps again ;-)
    RTX2080Ti overclocked here @3440x1440 > maxed out GFX will drop down to 60 fps with 20+ opponents!