1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The Best Cockpit View - Single Screen

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by R3jn, Oct 31, 2019.

1. R3jn

R3jn Rookie

Hello all!

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

Now to my Problem. Yesterday i decided to test the new update ( i know i am late, had much work :D ). So i tried the new Porsche, Audi, Aston and so on.. But somehow i can't get my view seetings right. It's not a Problem of the game, its more a Problem from myself.

Normally i always drive without the steering wheel. I Drive in the dashboard cam, so i just want to see the display with the gears and so on. Actually i cant get a good feeling in the cars..

I play on a Single Screen, it's not the best solution - but for me as a Hobby Sim Driver it is okay. It's 27" and it is a little bit curved.

So after i watched some FOV calculators my have to be 42. But the big Problem is. If i take it like that, i can't really see the gear lights from BMW or from the new Porsche. And if i change the Seat position INGAME i can't see the corners really good because i look more into the sky.

So what i want to ask is, what for an attitude you can reccomend? I think i dont need the 42 POV Setting, maybe 50 will be okay.

The Screen is seeting right in front of my Thrustmaster Steering Wheel, and i am behind in a Playseat Challenge.

Mabe someone have a good solution for a nice view.. ?

Thank you guys.

P.S: Kunos, it is the best Sim and it brought be back to the sim racing. Last SIM was 10 Years Ago with Race and the WTCC Games... so thanks for the support, the game is amazing!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Best version of Sebring Jan 6, 2024
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    General modding discussion Whats the best way to use mods for AC ? Feb 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Best way to setup reverse grid-second races offline? Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Best settings for Nitro 5 with I7 11800H, RTX 3060 and 16 GB of Ram Jun 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Best Lap Problem Apr 18, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Dlss 2.3.9 is the best experience so far [Not recommended] Apr 15, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC G923 PS5 Best settings Force Feedback??? Feb 25, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Simple BestSetting VR for G2 3080ti 90fps Dec 17, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo Incorrect Lap shown as Best Lap on Q Dash Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality About pull the pin - latest thoughts on best VR headset for ACC? Nov 5, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality What is the best cpu/gpu combo to run ACC at max settings Sep 2, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Best Wheels to Play Assetto Corsa Competizione Aug 18, 2021

3. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I highly recommend using the correct FOV.

Take a look at the thread below, you can use this to show the dash display on your phone which I find works excellently. I mount it behind my wheel so it appears almost as it would in the actual car.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...e-complete-dash-set.60156/page-2#post-1097545

EDIT: also, 42 seems quite a large pov for a 27" screen. I use a 28" and mine works out at 30 degrees with the monitor right up against the back of the wheel base.

R3jn likes this.
  4. R3jn

R3jn Rookie

Thank you, bit with 30" FOV i dont see anything on the side of the car?
    Acutally this with the phone is a nice idea, but i have no option to mount this in the Playseat Challenge.

5. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

No, you don't see out the side of the car. For that you will realistically need triples. The radar app is very good at giving you peripheral 'vision' and I have an on-off relationship with TrackHat. :p

6. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I'm using single 27(1440p) monitor and FOV 51 - it all feels great. But this is for those who sit very close, yes.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  7. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Wow! You sit just 14" from your screen!? That's close! :D

8. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Hm, ~30 centimeters away. Is my FOV wrong? :eek:

9. MARCOITA20

MARCOITA20 Rookie

Hi everyone, I use a single 24-inch screen placed a short distance from the base of the steering wheel (but I can not approach it more than that), the correct FOV would be 20 degrees (assuming ACC uses the vertical FOV), what would you recommend?
    To use the correct FOV even if it is so small that you can see very little, or use kind of a 30-degree FOV (as I am doing now) that is not too far from the correct one and allows me to see a sufficient portion of the track and also the dashboard.
    And also what view would you recommend? I now use the internal one which hides pilot and steering wheel.

10. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

How far are your eyes from your screen?

11. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

+/- 30 centimeters just the way it is )
    In the evening it may be a little closer, but depending on the fatigue of the eyes - I have very specific vision and have myopia, but I only wear glasses when driving (in real life)

12. @R3jn To be honest I would go with the statement of David Perel in this case. Especially at a single screen setup. Just set up your FOV and seat position to a point you feel comfortable with.

GoBo, Freddie Seng, natloz76 and 4 others like this.
  13. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Assuming your screen is 16:9 aspect, sitting with your eyes ~30cm from the screen your FOV will be ~52 degrees.
    30cm would be a bit too close for comfort for me, but if it works for you then go for it! :D

sissydriver likes this.
  14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I still think "realistic FOV" is nuts on a single screen. You are really cutting away two thirds of information (your peripheral vision) you would have in the real car.

No offense to those who got used driving that way, but it seems similar as strapping a large tube to your face and driving a real car.

15. R3jn

R3jn Rookie

The Big Problem i have is: i would love to put the FOV more in 55" pr 60", so i can see more of the dashoboard. But i have a eye disease and because of that i can't wear glasses and the horizon and the track will become blurred if i see too much dark and then the colors of the track ( hard to explain ) but however, i wil ltry it at home and i will find a good solution.

It's not much about the FOV more about the settings where i can change the hight and so on..

16. R3jn

R3jn Rookie

Yeah, maybe this is the answer i wanted to hear.. that it's not possible to do it like a real car..

17. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

In that case, I'll leave it at that. Thank you. :)

18. Thanks for making my day mate :D:D:D

19. ohyeah2389

ohyeah2389 Racer

Yeah, if you have a single screen that isn’t very close to your face, then those FOV calculators probably won’t do you much good. Instead, I would just set what looks good to you. If you do want to use an accurate FOV, then I suggest moving your screen much closer to your face. Like almost over your wheel close.

corey.rogers and After_Midnight like this.
  20. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Then again driving with higher FOV is like looking through binocular backwards - objects are closer than they appear!
    Instead of higher FOV one can try to solve the problem with look to apex option but then its harder to detect oversteer.
    So pick your poison.

sissydriver and LeDude83 like this.
  21. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I'm running the 720S now with 45° and moved the camera closer to the dash, mostly to avoid all the "dead space" on top that has no information or immersion value. I think that's an acceptable medium.

I do like seeing more of the cockpit, but then again there isn't a lot to see here. Coming originally from Motobike and F1 games, I still miss all that graphical feedback around me and sense of speed.