1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BOP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by redlinemotorsport.co.uk, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. gcx

gcx Gamer

Nice data, it would be awesome if Kunos could tweak AI difficulty based on those times, that way the AI would be balanced based on what human player can achieve.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Dobermann92 and romandevision like this.
  2. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

Especially that when the AI drives the NSX EVO it is so painfully slow, it feels like those cars in a different league.

romandevision and gcx like this.
  3. Ogvai

Ogvai Gamer

The issue with posts like this, is that every car is hyper close right now (cept my boat :'( pls fix kunos) so it really comes down to what the driver can extract from the car, while this shows what the cars can do, its just showing the best what that driver can do.

During Mrgits Spa race last night A BMW did a 2:16:XXX around spa, so take this with a grain of salt, Nether the less this is a good post to show how close the cars can be nicely done.

romandevision likes this.
  4. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Yep, yesterday I saw XKR, which was very fast. I don't remember the time, but I was very surprised by the pace on Monza.:eek:

5. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

The car was driven by Mr Nobel a well known alien...

chksix likes this.
  6. Ogvai

Ogvai Gamer

Yes, It was mike, But my point still stands, He may be an alien, Heck the guys that set these lap times we see here are "alien" to mine.

i mean a 1:53 around Nurbs, im doing 56's 57's, end of the day these lap times arent to be taken seriously via 1 driver, if they did this with 10 drivers each car, for each track and then got a mean laptime for each car across each skill level, that would be perfect, BUT thats a silly silly amount of work.

7. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Your point is valid.
    But remenber that if i'm right, the IRL BOP are made with only 2 drivers, so not so far than what OP made.
    Obviously if they coule have made experiment with a lot more drivers, it would have been better.

8. flihp

flihp Racer

Slower driver here:D... using default safe setup no change at all , 1 to 1.5 sec slower than OPs detailed times, so far on a few tracks I am seeing a similar trend, Lexus, Porsche, Ferrari are my fastest, although I am also getting very good results from the NSX and Bentley... I’m guessing maybe the later two suit me better at default setup... when I get the chance I will test with same method as OP.
    Having said that, the Porsche,Lexus, Bentley,and Ferrari were also my best in the 2018 season. Once again possibly suited to my style at default and I’m just not getting the best out of the other cars:D

9. planinggg

planinggg Gamer

McLaren seems really faster than the others, absolutely.

There are some cars easy to drive and fast, like Audi, Lexus, Aston and Ferrari. Porsche is insite this group but is more difficult to drive.

Other line of cars is Bentley, BMW and Nissan. A little worse than the second group. Lambo is insite this group but is more difficult to drive.

Finally, there are 2 cars really bad, imposible to go faster... AMG and Honda. For example, AMG have excesive oversteer and the shif 1 to shif 2 have a delay and is too much inestable if you are turning.

My conclusion, I think that mcLaren is too OP and has to be fixed and AMG and Honda have to be improved.

10. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Unexpectedly.:eek::confused:

Dobermann92 likes this.
  11. Default

Default Racer

I've seen the AMG setting 1.46s at Monza and 2.16s at Spa.

Son and SimGuy_1 like this.
  12. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

The Honda is a bit off but the AMG once you have it figured out is probably the fastest across all tracks car in the game. I suggest you spend some more time with the Merc because once you get it figured out (both setup and driving are important for it) it's capable of winning at all tracks. 2:15.7 is my PB at Spa with it so it ain't no slouch :) It's interesting that you've mentioned oversteer as a problem, out of the box the Merc understeers like crazy. First time I've heard someone complaining that the Merc oversteers ;)

Freddie Seng likes this.
  13. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Strongly disagree.
    The Mclaren is only faster at Silverstone (maybe) for 2 reasons. Firstly everybody is using it there for the shadow competition, and secondly, there's a slight error in it's BOP on the 2019 Silverstone that makes it faster. I cannot change that until the competition is over of course.
    Even as it is, the Mclaren is not that fast in the rest of the circuits and still there is no clear winner from circuit to circuit. On top of that the cars are very closely match so even the winner at each circuit, can easily be down to driver's personal preference, or other random issues.

The Mercedes is fast almost everywhere and with a massive acceleration capabilities that make it the perfect weapon for race trim in between other cars. It needs a slightly different driving style, more aggressive one, it needs to be forced to do things, but then delivers. It also has one of the best TC if you know how to deal with it.

The Honda NSX is not a top class car but it is still very very close and in the hands of a driver that can deal with the big turbo lag, can give great acceleration and very competitive laptimes.

So all in all, again, there's a car for everybody and no real OP. Performance changes from circuit to circuit and in race trim the grid gets even more mixed up.
    I write all of this to make it clear for other users that they shouldn't get carried away that a car is better from another, only because they saw an alien hit some top laptimes with it. 2018 grid e-SRO events, proved that there were at least 4-5 cars capable of winning in any circuit and 2019 grid is much more closer than that!
    As usual, we'll be watching very closely and tweak things if we notice anything strange.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its nice to get some data but its far from definitive, it does show though overall the bop is pretty close now and you cna be pretty competitive in many cars at most tracks.

Theres always those people that claim one car is clearly faster and you see the popular car of the week. Its always quite fun picking any other car and beating the supposed best car most are using. ;)

15. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

The question is how much effort it takes to be better than car X. They can be with the same potential, but in fact it's easier to drive a 720 than a Nissan. So we see a grid of 911 and 720.

16. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

BoP is very good indeed, OBVIOUSLY you cannot expect to some cars to have top pace on all tracks, but these cars can get you back at long races or stability etc.

At the end of the day it really does comes down to your driving style and setup you use.
    Believe it or not with very little tweaks to setup the car can actually be faster and can be more suited to your driving style.
    For me i generally always go with low drag setup AS LONG AS i can brake late, braking distance is similar.
    Maybe honda NSX does not have pace of lamborghini or ferrari but with good driving skills and setup you can get within 1 seconds of those cars top pace.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  17. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I disagree, it might be true for you but not for everyone.Someone with good throttle control can drive it car quite easily infact i never found that car hard at all.

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If you want a more diverse grid pick one of the other cars ;), the cool thing with ACC is you can run any car in any server. The general population like to be sheep and tend to think its the car others are driving that must be the quicker one. Im not sure what they think when they pick the car and magically its still not as fast as some one else in it or someone joins in a different car and gets to the top of the timing.

There are plenty with potential and in a weaker level server it can be more fun to pick a slightly underperforming car for more challenge to try and get more out of it. Over a full fuel stint the pecking order can change too, after all its an endurance racing series not a time attack.

Looking at the data in the 1st post there is rarely 1 second between the fastest and slowest cars at all tracks.

19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

well the experiment was conducted by finite drivers so results are not universally true.
    I have posted better lap times than OP on porsche, so according to OP porsche is behind but according to my laps it is faster than what OP has stated.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

That would be why I say its nice data but far from definitive the post before. ;)

I have gone faster then them in a few cars but they are decent times there and IM sure people can do better in most cars. Still the main reason I hoped for a special event at all tracks open to all cars where we could see data in a larger user base and be a good way to test cars out against eachother while seeing where we sit amongst all others.