1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Getting through standing water

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by grrdabrr, Nov 2, 2019.

1. grrdabrr

grrdabrr Gamer

Just wanted to share a breakthrough I had yesterday with rain driving and the puddles. After ending up in the wall on Kemmel straight for what felt like the 100th time no matter what I tried to do or how slow I drove there, I suddenly realized - engine braking is still breaking.

What I needed to do is ensure, that there is no acceleration whatsoever, while driving thru the puddles.

Because my right foot can't be fully trusted, I achieve this, by just going into 6th gear before the puddles, and now they are a non-issue.

Seeing how many people struggle with this online, just like I did. I just thought this might help someone enjoy the rain races more and the servers won't loose 1/2 the field in first couple of laps once the rain starts.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Audio Bugs & Issues Getting no sound through Logitech USB headset May 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Getting brake data to look right in Track Attack Dec 4, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Which game to play and advice for getting good Oct 9, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I keep getting kicked from races Apr 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions when are we getting the next Update ? Setups still broken Jan 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Getting crash, when launching AC as 64bit. Nov 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox Series S - keep getting kicked from GPortal. Sep 17, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Keep getting Fatal Error [faulty RAM] Sep 12, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Keep getting disconnected Mid Race Aug 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Interested in getting a copy also on console, but is telemetry data saved somehow? Jul 12, 2022
    ACC Physics Please Devs fix the contact system, it's getting more and more frustrating to race like this Jul 6, 2022
    ACC Physics Getting stuck in second on Indianapolis exiting turn 11 Jul 4, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards New SimRacer having problems getting first TR Mar 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions So when are we getting version 1.8? Mar 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions This is the version we’re getting. Feb 22, 2022

3. Default

Default Racer

It depends on the car, some can go through flat out, some get a little unstable, and some you have to lift. The 6th gear technique you mentioned also depends on the car, some cars are already at 6th gear before Eau Rouge.

A-Jin likes this.
  4. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

OR use highest TC and WET ECU map if u can't handle it.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Don't think TC and wet ECU map changes much. At Spa if it rains and have to enter the track from the pits I end up in the wall at the start of the straight way too often, even if I just coast with no steering input, with the default wet setup.

I have to try the sixth gear method but honestly it's frustrating either way. I cannot recall having heard of real life drivers having the same issues and it tends to rain a lot at Spa. The puddles and aquaplaning need some rethinking. Puddles clearly don't always cause such issues in real life and aquaplaning doesn't only occur when driving through obvious puddles, quite the opposite. Edit: I guess I should amend this with noting that I know that aquaplaning is possible outside of puddles also on the storm weather setting and the longer it rains.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Tim Meuris likes this.
  6. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

It's the same as rl. You need to strait line the puddles.

7. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

I real life, coasting (in a straight line) through a puddle doesn't make the back your car break-out. I don't understand why it happens in ACC, as it's not realistic.

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  8. grrdabrr

grrdabrr Gamer

I probably didn't explain myself properly. The problem I had was that I just lifted completely off the accelerator in a high gear, which is basically the same as going through the puddle with breaks applied.
    The goal is to have as close to zero torque on the rear wheels as possible, neither accelerating, nor braking. Meaning you would stay at approximately constant speed, if there was no puddle, not slowing down.

And since I'm not so good with my throttle control, to achieve that in an arbitrary gear at arbitrary revs, I discovered that selecting a higher gear and applying ~10-15% throttle helps a lot with this.

lordpatou likes this.
  9. JanR

JanR Gamer

Couldn't that be achieved the easiest way by fully depressing the clutch pedal? Or am I missing something?

10. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Backing off to 95% throttle works for me regardless of gear I'm in. Sticking to far left of track is also a better line.

Jack Bancroft likes this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

really struggling with the puddles at spa - tried 6th gear "cruising" - much better than before - thanks a lot! :)

12. Willsuhr77

Willsuhr77 Gamer

Probably your car is too low, lift up a little

sissydriver likes this.
  13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Lifted up to max to test but the problem was still present. Better but present. With 6th gear it was much better. Have to test both at one time.