1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BOP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by redlinemotorsport.co.uk, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I did my own little test only with 3 cars, McLaren, Aston and NSX Evo around Zolder in same hot lap conditions.
    1:35.7 McLaren
    1:35.8 Aston
    1:35.9 NSX

In my hands only 3 tenths difference, between them, NSX felt the hardest to drive but I did make a lot of changes to the default aggressive just to give it more stability in fast cornering, traction. Confidences is key for me, I hate driving edgy cars which is why I hate Porsche’s :p

Tim Meuris likes this.
  2. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

^ did you mean Zandvort? Those times are too slow for Zolder.

martcerv likes this.
  3. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Yes o_O

4. planinggg

planinggg Gamer

what does it mean?

5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I did a 1:48:3 on monza with old porsche (991.1)

Porsche 991.1 Monza.jpg

here is the video if someone is interested->>

flihp likes this.
  6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

either it has low ballast(weight) due to BoP or has more power than intended OR it could be something else performance related.

7. planinggg

planinggg Gamer

Only in Silverstone as Aristotelis said?

8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yep, BoP is also track based.

9. Chriss

Chriss Racer

BOP is made in track categories and Nurburgring = Silverstone = same BOP, hence the McLaren is especially quick at these two tracks :)

10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I’m finding the Evo Lambo to be MUCH harder to get speed out of at Zolder then the older Lambo, just feels heavy and sluggish.

Was doing some laps on one of the ROOZ static servers and struggled to get the Evo in to the 28’s at all but the older car went straight in to 28.2 with a 27 definitely on the cards, have hit 27’s before. Conditions were identical on the server for both runs.

Seems strange that an evolution of a car would feel so vastly different

11. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

My guess is that new lamborghini has more ballast than old one PLUS more drag.

12. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

I agree with you on all things you said here, but then there is a question that came up for me: why is the AI in the NSX EVO is so slow. It always finishes last no matter what track I use for quick race. Sometimes other AI lap that car. The AI with BMW M6 is also a bit too slow, but it can shine on some tracks with more straights, so that isn't an issue. After around 20 AI races most of the races were won by either the AMG or the Lambo EVO, some were won by the Audi and one win went to the AMR. But in each case both of the NSX EVO cars were finished last. Even the Nissan GTR, which only ran at Spa beats them on every circuit.

13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'm confused, didn't the devs say a few months ago that BoP was the same as in real life and that the developers wouldn't "artificially" balance the cars in game? Now everyone's talking about the devs balancing the cars.
    Which one is it? Is it real life BoP or are all the cars balanced by the developers for the simulation?

14. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I think it mixture of both.
    If they have data they will put it or else other methods.

15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'll try to double check and see if I can fix that for the next update.

romandevision and Dobermann92 like this.
  16. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I decided to have a little fun with the data from the original time sheet.
    [​IMG]

There may be a few errors since I basically copied all the data by hand from the original image, but it's interesting to see that the Bentley, which was considered by some as OP at 1.0, is the worst with all the times added up and also has the worst top speed at Monza, so it has become pretty much useless in terms of competitiveness.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Freddie Seng and david m like this.
  17. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Might I encourage people to get on the competition server, assuming it's available to you. That's where you'll really find out the strengths and weaknesses of each car.

18. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

More data

19. keith dixon

keith dixon Racer

I'm intrigued, how does the minimum ride height figure in, there the same across the board, Asia, America and Europe, including the GT Masters, and on the older cars its been identical since at least 2016, the only thing different is the ballast and restrictor, for the record the new Aston is 53/53 and the BMW is 93/93

SRO BOP.jpg

20. bhendrik

bhendrik Gamer

Please look at the AI speed of the Porsches as well. They are fastest everywhere. In a 24 hour race with 50 cars (spa) they finish 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. At Monza, they are the fastest cars too. BMW and Aston are way too slow. I'm talking bout the endurance series, not sprint. Audi is a bit to slow too. Ferrari gentlemen drivers are faster then Audi pro drivers at Spa and Monza. There's something not quite right between AI BOP-ed Cars and driver talents

Attached Files:

john1995 and trutya like this.