1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

Just try yourself and you will understand.

If you want to play that resolution you' ll have to run everything on low/medium graphics (no high, no ultra, no epic) or else you 'll play at 20/25 fps.
    It's up to you to choose what you like but please don't come back here asking why your FPS are so slow, and you want to run ACC at High settings because you have a super top notch PC from outter space :D

A 1080TI will never drive a 7680x1440 with high/epic graphics and high FPS !

2. is it possible to know of to do that change? ( sorry if I don't know how to change in the menuSetting.jons file):confused::)

3. pro_nike

pro_nike Gamer

Thank you

this problem is only in ACC ..

in AC online game with full room at 100 fps ..

4. pro_nike

pro_nike Gamer

before touching anything, if I set the three screens without bezels in Nvidia surround ..

When I change the game do I have to reconfigure the screens in Nvidia surround with bezels?

5. its.me

its.me Racer

I am happy with the triple screen support. Improvement would be if it would work without Nvidia surround like PCars2. Activating surround with key combination does not work. Deactivation does work though. It is the same key combination since.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Daniel Franken and Jemm like this.
  6. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

If I understand you correctly, no

7. pro_nike

pro_nike Gamer

[QUOTE = "fnegroni, publicación: 1098887, miembro: 201758"] Si te entiendo correctamente, no [/ QUOTE]

I do not understand.

8. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

The shortest instruction to enable triple screens in ACC in nine easy steps:

Only follow steps 1-9 and you will be sorted - you may skip the rest of the text ;-)

1) Set up NVIDIA Surround in your GPU driver panel (BOTH native 1:1 resolution AND bezel corrected resolution will work)
    2) start ACC
    3) open VIDEO options
    4) choose correct NVIDIA surround resolution
    (either native or bezel corrected to your taste) 4
    5) ENABLE triple screen rendering
    6) start a session and go to the track
    7) hit ESC and enter the VIEW SETTINGS
    menu
    8) adjust all triple screen relevant settings here to neutralize any perspective distortion and adjust bezel correction (ONLY IF YOU USE NATIVE RESOLUTION)
    9) enjoy

What is the difference between choosing to run native resolution NVIDIA surround (without bezel correction) and bezel corrected resolution you ask?
    native resolution:
    - you have to use bezel correction settings in VIEW SETTINGS in session to correctly dial out any bezels
    - some in game elements will not be bezel corrected currently (for example the showroom, UI backgrounds, etc), as VIEW SETTINGS bezel correction only influences in game session, not the UI
    - depending on your system setup you may or may not be able to run ACC this way in borderless mode and be able to more quickly ALT-TAB to other applications
    - all in session cameras work properly bezel corrected

bezel corrected resolution:
    - all in game elements will be properly bezel corrected (including full UI and showroom)
    - some rare cameras like free camera (F7) may not be bezel corrected this way - but all relevant cameras such as all driving views work PERFECTLY corrected ;-)

Personally I prefer to run ACC currently with a NVIDIA driver panel bezel corrected resolution as it provides proper bezel correction in all game modes and interfaces (only exception so far is the free camera (F7) which I rarely ever use when actually running ACC outside of fiddling around ;-)

9. pro_nike

pro_nike Gamer

many thanks !!!!

perfectly explained.

it's like I have it, with the bezel corrected from Nvidia, and it's going perfect for me.
    what I have always referred to is that it is going to pull me in some moments
    It will be a matter of performance or touching parameters.

but I am surprised that I see AC better than ACC, and that it goes infinitely more fluid AC.

10. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Has anybody else noticed some white lines on the border between the screens when in triple screen rendering using the built-in bezel correction? I will try and post screenshots later if I can.

11. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@fnegroni

Nope.

Maybe you're in windowed mode instead of fullscreen...

12. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I'm using windowed mode and I'm not seeing those white lines either.

13. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I found the issue: I had render resolution set to 83% instead of 85%. With 83%, I get these horrible white lines.
    AC2   28_11_2019 00_05_12.png
    Who would have thought uh?

Whitestar likes this.
  14. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@f.e.negroni

I guess it's a side effect to underscaling the resolution.... but i would advice to never go under 100% and lower some render settings instead if you need to gain some FPS ;)

15. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I actually prefer 85% scale with temporal upscaling. Some of the debris for example looks more realistic than lowering the quality of materials or effects. Especially since my 1080p centre screen is only 60cm from my eyes so a sharper image makes the pixelation distracting. It’s down to personal preference I suppose.

Whitestar likes this.
  16. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I also prefer a slight downscaling. Easy fps gain without much loss in quality.

fnegroni likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Lets say I want to buy 3 monitors with freesync. Although there are only 12 freesync monitors nvidia recognize to pass their g-sync standards I have read that a nvidia 10/20 series GPU can somewhat utilize this technology for monitors not within that 12 monitor list however one of the requirements is that a display port must be used rather than hdmi. The issue i have is my gpu only has 2 x dp and 2 x hdmi. Am I screwed for this scenario? If I have understood this correctly I must upgrade my nvidia GPU to one with 3 display ports.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  18. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Yes

I have four monitors. Two on hdmi two on DP. If I use my gsync monitor on DP in the middle and the hdmi monitors on the side, and enable nvidia surround, I can still have the centre monitor in gsync mode. But if I connect my non gsync monitor to DP and try and use the free sync support, it doesn’t work.

Coanda likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you for the confirmation. Curious, what are your thoughts on adaptive sync? I have neaver had any tearing issues on my 120 hz monitor. I do however get a little once in a while on my 60 hz hdtv. My concern is I can tell when my 120 hz monitor is accidentally running in 60 hz mode therefore if I have triple 144hz monitors there is no way I can run 144 FPS therefore the refresh rate may drop to 80 or 90 etc.. If the monitors don't tear wouldn't it be better to leave them on 144 hz and leave adaptive sync off?

20. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

TLDR:
    If you can get a gsync centre monitor, two 144hz side monitors, same make and tech (TN orIPS) and colour calibrate the triplet to match somewhat, you would enjoy gsync and wouldn’t notice tearing on side monitors.

I have triple 144hz. I can’t see tearing and I average 90fps (peak 120) in ACC. Can easily go past on AC1 and iRacing for obvious reasons.
    When I tried my gsync monitor (144hz), which is used for FPS games these days, as a middle monitor in a triple setup, I could tell gsync was working well and making the image much smoother. It was definitely noticeable in the middle screen. It wasn’t so noticeable on the side monitors, but could be noticed on 60hz, but I’ve not had tearing issues since going for a triple 144hz and no free or gsync.

Coanda likes this.