1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC 1.1 release discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Zeraxx, Oct 24, 2019.

1. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I’ve noticed it’s light on the 911 myself, but that’s not my usual ride so I’ve ignored it. Have you tried raising the caster settings yet? That’s been known to improve steering weight.

2. peregrine7

peregrine7 Rookie

Unfortunately raising caster completely destroys any understeer feeling (FY dominates, Mz is tiny).

I've taken to using a custom ffb file for the Porsche, so that I can run reasonable caster and still feel things.

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

4. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Totally. Castor is having an effect on straight-line stability/steering response and tyre wear (I think... I'm no setup God!:D). It's not a FFB setting!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

From what I understand castor is a “comfort” adjustment, set to ease the force required by the the driver to turn the steering.

While turning, the steering force increases initially and decreases with understeering.
    Increased caster will make the steering “heavier” when turning, keeping the steering force from dropping which can mask understeer.
    Less caster will do the opposite, making the steering “lighter” when turning, allowing the steering force to fall enough and notice understeer.

The caster set is up to driver’s preference but, definitely, don’t set caster so high that the steering force is such it completely hides any drop of front wheels grip when understeering.

In ACC I find that castor setting can change the FFB just as above.
    With increased caster the FFB can be upped on turning and the lightness when understeering is reduced.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

castor_angle.jpg

I always found a motorcycle representation is best to visualize castor angle. Pay attention to the fork & shocks.

[​IMG]

Tim Meuris and chksix like this.
  7. any any

any any Gamer

I am very glad that I am not alone with the problem. I see it just like another from the thread. The Porsche 911.2 is currently the worst car in terms of driving. It is absolutely no fun to drive the car. Also, the whole solution ... I say thank you first, it is still a problem. It does not do any good to replace a stain on the T-shirt with a hole. The problem needs to be fixed and good.

8. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

It's curious how the opinion about something can be so contrary.

I apologize but I completely disagree. The 911 Evo is the best driver's car.

I have driven it in hot track, cold track, optimum, fast, green, wet and thunderstorm, during the day, at night, with track temperatures raising or falling, all this online and it's always a blast to drive.
    It isn't a slow car either, it can coup quite well with any others in all the tracks. Inclusively, in some tracks, I think it is very, very competitive, like Spa, Zandvoort, Zolder and Nurburgring, only noticing to really struggle a bit at Monza and Misano (probably due to BOP, I say). The only tracks where I still didn't had the chance to race with it was at Paul Ricard and Brand Hatch.

The FFB is spot on allowing to balance car and to control it very well, always informative and, in a car with the 911 characteristics, the FFB is a plus to be able to feel the lightness of the steering to know what is happening when driving on the edge but without ever being numb or lacking detail and always with enough weight to notice very clearly the level of grip available beneath the tyres.

There are plenty of corners to talk about, but choosing Pouhon, at Spa, as just one example of how the FFB really allows to feel how the car is passing, letting the driver to have a clear notion of how to balance the brake in and then how to control the car using just the accelerator along the double corner in a wonderful dance of balance between turning speed and grip level, clearly noticeable if the grip is slipping or regained, in a pure delight of driving.

marty73 and eracerhead like this.
  9. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

And maybe bikers use images like this to illustrate fork angle- depositphotos_11470793-stock-photo-pile-of-autumn-leaves-and.jpg

Piret2000, Coanda and GCCRacer like this.
  10. any any

any any Gamer

I do not care about the car, that's great!
    I am concerned with the strong difference of the FFB that is absolutely powerless therefore. It would be conceivable that it may be different from steering wheel manufacturers. I feel absolutely nothing there.
    No dynamic when driving fast, no pulling forces when erupting the rear, or blocking wheels. Even uneven roads you can not feel. Only the curbs are clearly noticeable, everything else is so fine that it just goes down.
    Since all this is a matter of perception, what do you have for a steering wheel system?

11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

The feeling of the car and the FFB are connected.
    You just said it’s the worst in terms of driving, no fun and it has a problem, thus I’m giving my own feedback about it, because, thankfully, I don’t have any issues whatsoever with the FFB.

In my signature.

12. any any

any any Gamer

Would it be conceivable that it mainly affects Fanatec riders? The people who are satisfied with the FFB do not seem to have Fanatec Systems.

13. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I have a Fanatec system and I am really happy with force feedback in ACC.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

14. I own TS-XW feels freaken great.
    Also been waiting for the AMR v8 for ages so thank you :D as we say in New Zealand
    Bloody Great update mate!!

15. any any

any any Gamer

The FFB is also great in ACC with Fanatec systems. It is only the FFB of the Porsche 991.2 from 2019th That feels like I said very soft. And I can imagine that it has something to do with the Fanatec steering wheels.

16. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

That car is light on my Logitech as well. Maybe the car has very light steering though? Got to assume the Devs will look into it if it's a genuine issue (as the R8 had a recent FFB tweak).

17. any any

any any Gamer

I think that all 2019 cars have very weak FFB. The Porsche is really extreme. In the Porsche 991.2 Challange on Monze in rain. Since you can steer the steering wheel with 2 fingers. In the 2018 Porsche, on the other hand, you have to work really hard against the FFB with both hands. There is a huge difference between the two versions.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  18. marty73

marty73 Gamer

I use a Fanatec csw v2 wheel and the Porsche is actually my favorite car ...really surpassed my expectations!!! :) Great balance, great response when going on and off the throttle and great FF.
    Even if the FF is lighter than other cars it gives me all the information I need ... even more than some cars with heavier steering. That shows that personal prefences are different! :)

19. peregrine7

peregrine7 Rookie

I think one issue is that FFB forces don't seem to scale properly for those of us without direct drive / high force wheels.

For example, the 2019 Porsche only uses about 0.8nm peak torque on my G27 using agressive setup. This is with 100% in the wheel config and 100% gain in game.

To get around this I made a custom FFB post process file which just multiplies everything by 4. Then I can change the gain in game on a per car basis. It does seem a little bit strange though.

The issues I would say require fixing are:
    • The FFB meter in game doesn't seem to reflect the actual FFB intensity after post processing.
    • The FFB meter doesn't seem to clip at the right point for the Logitech G27 (E.g. in 2019 Porsche shows red, "clipping", at 0.8Nm @ 100% Gain, no custom ffb file, default logitech config)
    • The FFB Gain doesn't go high enough for lightweight wheels (detailed above)
    And the more optional:
    • It would be very handy to have a tool that adjusts the gain based on clipping throughout the lap (yes, like Iracing)
    • It would be handy to be able to select whether FFB simulates power steering or not - and in-game support for other FFB options (after all, gotta feel something on a G27)

DD_Friar likes this.
  20. any any

any any Gamer

Schaefe likes this.