1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Graphics and Performance Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by MonzterPixel, Oct 29, 2019.

1. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

It is sad to read this, so I think there will be a major performance update.:(

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

I built a new 3900x system last week but kept my existing 1080ti GPU. I did a test over the weekend starting from the back of the grid in 50th position at spa, all cars visible with all setting's on high and resolution scale of 150%.
    At the start the lowest fps I had was 61. The only time it dipped below 60 was for a couple of seconds at the last chicane on the first lap, it dropped to 57. Through the rest of the lap I was getting between 71-80 fps. Was mighty impressed!

MonzterPixel likes this.
  3. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

Now for funny help me:rolleyes::rolleyes::D to know that I do badly on the track and speed in Monza since I can not improve my time I am very slow, could you give me some tips in the first round of the video, I also add the graphic features in case anyone wants to take a Look how I use it for triple monitor. I'm going 27/34 fps in hot lap:D

4. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

I imagine it should look spectacular, maybe I could opt for a 1080ti

5. dave967

dave967 Racer

when you d-load new drivers it removes your Nvidia control panel settings. Try this, it made a big difference in performance and graphics quality:

6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

First of all i must say that i basically suck at monza because i honestly don't drive on it often.
    I managed a 1:48:9 on mclaren using aggressive setups with some tweaks.(Cloudy weather preset at time: 17:00)
    Still couple of things to my understanding can be improved->>

*MOST important thing IMO always run game on atleast 70fps there are so many benifits of running on good fps.

*I couldn't see it on your video but your tyre pressures were wrong i think,Try to keep all tyre pressure at 28 Psi HOT

*T1 braking little bit late and don't slam on brakes till the end, you want to activate ABS BUT not activate it for long periods of time

*in the first chicane you are lifting off for long periods of time PLUS you are getting on power to abruptly which in turn cutting way too much power

* T3 long right hander your line is not straight enough, minimize the steering angle use whole track almost touch grass outside

*2nd chicane brake little bit late between those 2 final boards and again lifting too much and getting on power abruptly

*Also i think you are running on FAST track preset not OPTIMUM preset so check that out.

*Overall i will say that don't coast too much keep some throttle to maintain speed before apex (although some corners need little bit of coasting but generally i try to do as less coasting as possible to maintain constant speed or atleast slow the rate of deceleration)

*get on power smooth but quick after apex

*try using ABS but NOT too much when it is activating too much lift brake a (slighlly)little and get on brakes again it when the sound of ABS disengages.

7. przmor

przmor Rookie

i7 3770k@4.2GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX1070@2GHz, 3x1920x1200 with 20AI, medium settings 80% resolution, at race start 45fps stabilize at 55fps after few moments.

8. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

ready thanks for all the info I will put it into practice, unfortunately for now I can not have 70 fps:confused:

9. I noticed a reduced GPU usage (more or less stays around 60%) when there is a full grid, AI or multiplayer. No v-sync or FPS cap.
    Is that normal for the game or I have something wrong is my settings?

I7 8700k@4.5 and a 2070 super

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Yes, looked, great. If you can wait a bit longer then NVIDIA will be releasing their 3000 series gpu's

MonzterPixel likes this.
  11. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

no seriously lower the graphics do whatever it takes to get atleast 60fps
    low fps causes input lag.
    I play on single monitor with all the settings on lowest just to get good fps.

MonzterPixel and Tim Meuris like this.
  12. mr.urlauber

mr.urlauber Gamer

Recently I switched from an i5 4690/GTX 1070 to a Ryzen 7/RTX 2080S (see signature) and I couldn't be much happier. When I use my pancake screen I can go up to 160% upscaling and always stay above 60fps, in VR it's 120% pixel density. ACC settings everything at max except shadows/mirrors on mid/low and max visible cars 20.

MonzterPixel likes this.
  13. Ogvai

Ogvai Gamer

14. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

15. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

On the weekend I will try again with all the advice, thank you very much

16. dek

dek Racer

FPS and Frame Time are key.

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It's the CPU render thread bottlenecking the GPU. Generally speaking, it's normal. If the amount of visible cars when it starts to happen is appropriate for your system is a different question.

Possible mitigation: increase system RAM clock as much as you feel comfy with, then reduce amount of visible cars until it doesn't happen, anymore.

And before someone starts this again: no, this kind of CPU bottleneck has nothing to do with AI physics calculations.

18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

19. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

Thank you very much for the video, tomorrow Sunday I will be practicing acc all day and putting everything into practice, for now I am building my AMG steering wheel.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attached Files:

20. Haris1977

Haris1977 Gamer

I do not know about you but i am racing with 1080p medium to low settings and 15 opponents. Only then i do get a non-stuttering game (i always use vsync = adaptive in all my racing games)

The problem is that i get screen tearing* if i max out my opponents to e.g 25 (or max out my graphic settings). The strange thing is that even then my cpu load is not >45-50% and gpu ~ 40-45%. By that i understand that the game needs further optimization...

PS* Screen tearing means that i go below the 60 fps cap when it happens. But lower fps shouldn't happen as both my cpu and gpu work at around 45 - 50 %

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019