1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BOP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by redlinemotorsport.co.uk, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

Maybe it is down to tyre life or fuel efficiency? Because on shorter races (up to an hour, featuring 2 or 3 stops) the AMG and the Audi are still dominating when it comes to any track. Sometimes the Lambo or the AMR wins (although for some reason I rarely get the #563 Lamborghini to run as an AI). The NSX EVO is always last though, no matter of the track as it seems, I sense that it is because of the turbo lag which the AI cannot deal with properly.

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Does the final weight include the BoP ballast? I presume not.

3. keith dixon

keith dixon Racer

Yes it does, min weight plus ballast = final weight, minus driver

Coanda likes this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

hmmm... Thank you for the info. I wonder why the Audi Evo is reporting 1420 kg at Monza? It's predecessor is reporting 1360 kg and I believe because of this I am not able to match my PB's on any circuit.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  5. Borbor

Borbor Racer

The min rh bop pts is measured, via laser, off four designated points on the chassis. There are holes cut out in the floor for this purpose.

The rh you see in acc shouldn't be off those.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

keith dixon likes this.
  6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Where did you find this data ?
    I would love to have this for all cars in game.

7. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Maybe so, I used Nissan in the 2018 season, but I tried again very disappointed.

That's right, but I noticed that people are back at Audi and Mercedes. Apparently, interest to new cars passed - even 720s became less. AMR V8 is already 1-2 cars in a grid.

I use 650s and I am very satisfied. ;)

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Motec.

Because of the tedious nature to get this data as it requires logging for for each car & track combo I will not do all of 2018, although I have provided a comparison for Zolder. Lucky for me ACC loads tracks pretty quick.. From what I can see anyone that can switch on the Porsche gets a nice advantage and as suspected the Audi got hit the hardest with an increase between 40-70 kg.

ACC_Motec_BOP_Weight.jpg

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It’s prety cool to see that my feeling of the Evo Lambo being heavier at Zolder makes sense, even though it’s 35KG which doesn’t seem like much but right from the start I thought the Evo at Zolder felt heavy and sluggish

Coanda likes this.
  10. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Nice data but what the hell that weight is extremely high for a race car.
    I always thought that MAX bop weight will be under 1300 kg (which is already ALOT) wow 1400+ KG !!! thats a boat.
    Anyways thanks for data.

Edit: sorry for rant, it is just i prefer my race car light so after seeing such gigantic numbers i got little bit mad.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Freddie Seng likes this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I feel ya Serge as it is the same for me. Zolder is not my strongest track and the 45 kg increase for the Audi has made me go from a 28.6 to low 29's.. On most tracks I seem to be 0.5 to 0.8 seconds off my PB's and to be honest it sucks.. Even if I want to run the 2015 Audi I get hit with BoP on 2019 servers. At Zandvoort I can get the Evo to do 35.5 which I am happy with and I know it is more compliant over bumps than it's predecessor so I guess I have to try and figure out a way to extract the speed there for other tracks..

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Sure those numbers aren’t inclusive of the minimum 75KG driver weight?

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Not sure and it does not align with @keith dixon SRO BoP slide.

No clue mate. Just reporting what motec reports.

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

15. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Oh i forgot about this.
    But one question comes to mind, does acc adds drivers weight ? IMO it makes no sense to add drivers weight in a virtual car. we got ballast isn't that enough to keep the field close ?

16. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I Hope so, if not peuple will complain, that It is not a sim blabla, Time are not matching real life one blabla...

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I believe AC included driver weight within the vehicle weight therefor I presume ACC does something similar. Why the numbers maybe higher in motec could be due to fuel. Who knows.. I am not to concerned by the actual number, more looking at how each car stacks up and how it compares to it's predecessor.

18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I suspected of the 911 Evo BOP at Monza, and it really shines with +22kg than the average weight (only beaten by the +25 kg of the Audi).

Not that that less weight would do me much help, I still be a poor driver, but at least I can now complain the reason is the added weight and not what’s between the seat and the steering wheel.:D

19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

IRL times will ALWAYS be slower than simulator time (if driven by good driver)

*In simulator you have no fear of anything at all

*in simulator you can practice MUCH MUCH more than what IRL drivers are allowed

*in simulator LOT of real life elements are missing or do not affect the car as it would IRL(for example chassis flex)

*in simulator you are running only 10L of fuel in hotlap mode while IRL they are running 60+ L

*Limited tyres sets IRL

* extremely different weather conditions for different sectors of track during qualifying or race, look at nords for example that track is so huge that there is rain here fog there or completely dry somewhere and this is true for any track.

The list goes on, so the point is get simulator close enough to IRL time like 3 or 4 seconds(depending on track)and that is realistic enough.

Also no artificial slow down of cars to match real time, consider simulator times as theoretically best possible times the given car is capable of.

20. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

well that sucks for me.